Meeting New Friends

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Meeting New Friends

Post by Songhue »

Sparkle was really exited. There was supposed to be a new serian wandering around, well not someone new but new to him. He was splashing in a warm stream, thinking about all the new creatures he'd met and wishing he could at least see this new one before too long. It was always fun for him, being so sociable and always with too much energy. Chuckling with the stream, he dove down on his front hooves, just so he could watch the light dance off the water, and when he looked up he saw something else dancing just out of sight.

Silvanon
Regular
Regular

Post by Silvanon »

Peppermint trotted along happily but purposefully. Earlier that morning, her bonded, Silvanon, had pointed out to her a newly opened portal. Silvanon told her if she went to investigate, she would find something to interest her very much on the other side. This had peaked her curiosity considerably, so she had wasted no time going through.

Silvanon had been right, of course. Peppermint had spent so much time in her now-home realm that anywhere with new scenery was quite refreshing. However, she had the feeling there was more to this "something to interest her" than that. She looked around intently, ears perked in anticipation. The sound of a nearby stream caught her attention, and she headed towards it.

The stream soon came into sight, but what caught Peppermint’s attention was not the water, but rather the creature standing in it….she gapped at him, not immediately catching the significance of his form. It’d been so long since she’d seen one of her own kind.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

This was interesting. He didn't know if this was the new serian everyone spoke of but Sparkle did know that she was knew to him and that was good enough for making a friend. She was also pretty, but he thought every serian was.

"Hi," he called, "I'm Sparkle! I wanted to get out for awhile to see something I didn't know in my sleep. Sunlit Shadows is predictable for me." He shrugged and tilted his head, a crooked smile setting his face even more off balance. "What's your thing? If you'd like we could do something together, I was watching the sunlight on the water."

His weakness was sunlight. He loved to watch it and feel it against him, what with his father being from the Eternal Sun alter. At night though he preferred trees to blanket him; his mother was to thank for that, since she was a Forest Song.

I can remember things like that but I can't remember thier names?

Shaking his head at the thought he focused back on the mare, wondering if it was such a good thing that he was at odds with the idea of a family reunion and hoping she'd play with him so he'd stop thinking all together.

Silvanon
Regular
Regular

Post by Silvanon »

When Sparkle started speaking, Peppermint was still in something of a daze, so she didn’t catch it when he said his name. She was starting to come out of it a bit by the time he finished. After a moment, she realized that he’d asked her a question, and was probably waiting for a response.

“Oh, uh, my thing? My thing….um, I like running. I go running every day at home. And, uh, I like listening to the wind in the trees, and seeing new things, and looking at sunlight on water sounds nice, and uh….” Peppermint trailed off.

She decided she’d better go ahead and ask what was on her mind, or she’d never be able to concentrate on normal conversation. “Are you by chance a Serian?” she blurted out.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

OOC| Srry it took so long, Igot interrupted. :stress:

He couldn't help it; he laughed. She was just too cute to be real.

"Yes, sweetheart, I'm a serian, bonded to Songhue even if you'd like to check. Has it really been so long since you've seem your own kind? No matter; you're hear now and there's something I wanted to show you if you were interested in having light dance on water. If you'll come here next to me i will."

Tossing his main, he smiled invitingly and took a few steps back to make room, giving his tail a flick. He could never stay still and he sometimes wondered if anyone was ever bothered by it. There was always more energy in him than he could handle.

Silvanon
Regular
Regular

Post by Silvanon »

Peppermint blushed when Sparkle laughed, but didn’t have time to be upset by it because she was so delighted by his answer.

“Another Serian!” she exclaimed, and started bouncing. “Another Serian! Oh, yes, it’s been forever!” She stood there, quivering, for just a second, then suddenly grinned and bounced over. “What do you have to show me?”