A chill in the air

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

((Applause and welcome back for Sunblind!!))

Sparkle winced slightly at her question and purposly avoided looking her in the eye, not wanting her to think him weak.

"Well," he said, trying to choose his words, "I wouldn't really know either. I mean, it's not like I remember is it? And, no, I'm not so sure it'd be welcome if I made the effert. I was hoping to leave that up to them, but they don't seem to want to find me so--" he shrugged, as if to shrug off her question or the feelings it brought up, and then offered her a smile. "So we're alike there, huh? That and the fact that we both go out just to walk."

Chuckling, he looked at her out of the corner of his eye, thinking again that it was amazing that anyone would let this mare be a loner; he thought there'd be plenty flocking after her. And once you got past the initial coolness, she was someone you'd be glad to know.

"What's your destination anyway? When I walk it's just so I can move, but I can't really see you as wandering. So where are you leading me?"

This was turning out to be interesting. If he spent much more time with her she'd become another of his good friends. She was definatly someone he thought he could count on.

SunBlind
Leader
Leader

Post by SunBlind »

"Perhaps they haven't sought you out because they did not know that you were here?" Logical as always, but rarely able to factor in emotions, Sky brought up the obvious. The fact that there might be more to it than that evaded her at the moment.

But seeing as the stallion wasn't all that interested in pursuing it further, she decided to let the matter drop. But it had gotten her curious as to who his parents were. Would she seek out her own foal under such conditions? Or would she just assume that it was happy wherever it was and just leave it alone? She shrugged, either way she wasn't the nurturing type and would probably make a terrible mother.

"Our destination?" she wondered aloud and stopped in her tracks. "I don't have one. SunBlind sent me here to meet other Serians, and this I've done. The walking just seemed to happen naturally, the direction taken completely at random." She looked at Sparkle, "Do you have any place you wanted to go?"

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

He grinned as she said the bit about them not knowing he was here. The thought had crossed his mind before but if that was true there was still no way to tell if he'd be welcome if they did. Either way he was happy to leave it for the time being. The concept of parents always disturbed him.

"Me?" he asked, tilting his head at her question. "I'm a bit of a wanderer. I go where my feet take me. But there is this one place....tell me Sky, how well do you like the wind?"

A crooked grin came with the question and an odd light sparked in his eye. He had a place he thought she'd like though he couldn't be certain. And he did want her as a friend, she was someone he enjoyed being with. Maybe he could get her to like him.

SunBlind
Leader
Leader

Post by SunBlind »

"The wind?" Sky asked with curiosity. "I've never put much thought to the wind before. I don't mind it cold, though I understand most others do. I suppose I do like the way it plays with my mane, or keeps me cool on a warm day. I enjoy the sound of it through the trees and the grasses, and the feel of it between my ears." She flicks her ears back and forth tentatively, but there wasn't much more than a soft breeze here.

"I'm not one for racing about at a full gallop without good reason though, so generally the winds I enjoy are not of my own making. I know Wyvern, another Serian who lives in SunBlind's Realm loves to run just for the sake of running. But then he'd been abandonned such as yourself, and now that he has been rescued from that void, can't get over the need to move his legs about."

"But in the end, yes, I like the wind. At the very worst, I don't dislike it," she glances back at the stallion, "Why, what did you have in mind?"

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

"I think my bonded is around here somewhere," Sparkle explained. "If you want me to show you I could and she'd call up whatever wind you wanted. I think she said she was going to do an experament with it and water, see if she could push it under the currents. And I thought you might like to do something just for the fun of it."

He had the feeling that that wasn't something she did too often. If nothing else she could try it and if she didn't like it then he'd let her pick what they did next. Besides, they'd been walking in that general direction for ages.

SunBlind
Leader
Leader

Post by SunBlind »

It sounded kind of...dangerous, this experiment thing with the wind. And she suspected that she was going to get wet in the end. It wasn't the end of the world, but sopping, dripping wet wasn't her idea of a good time. She always felt like a wet rat when she got soaked.

But maybe it wouldn't be so bad. Besides, Sparkle was making an effort to give them something to do other than wander aimlessly. Who knows, maybe his bond was actually quite skilled and it would turn out alright.

But then Sky was a pessimist and didn't get her hopes up. She did however hide her misgivings from the other stallion and nodded, "Alright, it sounds interesting."