Sparring

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Sparkle found Hinote to be rather intruiging. He really wanted to go over to the stallion, learn what he knew if nothing else. It would help with his energy, and to channel some of that left over ache. And he still remembered how he'd reacted when Amber had startled him; the explosive jump to catch whoever it was off guard, and then the challenge of a fight by crashing on his front legs, prepared to face whatever had found him if he couldn't out run it. Learning might be good for him.

"What you want for him and what he needs might be the same thing, but he might not need to get it the way you'd like him to. You've got to keep that in mind. Also, some react worse to a little ecouragement than if you just leave them alone. Maybe you should try and be a little sly."

He eyed Mist agian wondering what came next with them, and then snorted at her wounds. "I, luckily, don't have to worry about what a dad would think. And as far as I could see, pretty,--pretty good went both ways."

He tossed his main agian, making it so you couldn't see his face or the blush that had risen. Pretty angel from the Mists, he thought disgustidly. That does it. There's no more speaking directly to her. This wouldn't be easy though; the bruises that shown on her hide made him wince and he wanted nothing more than to take her pain as his own.

Snorting again, he turned and trotted over to Hinote to ensure he kept this new promise to himself; he'd make sure she felt included, but he wouldn't speak that way again.

It was with effort that he forced his mind to the stallion in front of him, saying in all seriousness, "I want you to teach me to fight. I have energy enough to make the moves, you can see that for yourself. I just need you to teach them to me. And you seem to like the experience anyway. It's a win-win deal. Even if you are no good the way you say, you get to fight and I still learn something new. If nothing else it'd be what not to do. Now say no to that for any reason other than you don't feel like it right now."

The last was a challenge, plainly stated, and meant to gain some sort of respect from the magnificent stallion. Sparkle respected him because he was tough, and he knew what he was doing; perhaps if he didn't tease or act like a foal he might recieve enough in return to get a lesson. Saphy's teases were all well, but they didn't do anything for her; Sparkle needed some sort of outlet, someway to get out how he felt besides telling his bonded, and this seemed the perfect thing.

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Post by Silverdust »

Hinote returned the abrupt invasion of his solitude bubble by flicking back his ears and baring his teeth in annoyance. He tossed his mane shortly. "Ch, you don't have to explain your actions. I don't care for your motivations or reasons, if you want to learn just say it. Gods, you sensitive types..."

He jumped off the rock outcropping and slowly walked back to Mist's training area. He dcould see the bruises from here, and he smiled wickedly. Now those would be the lessons she wouldn't forget. Pain, as far as he knew, was the best thing to stop mistakes.

--

Mist shook her mane out as Sparkle walked away. He always acted so wierd sometimes...but Hellion had told her not to worry, and Cedar had just given her a look when she asked, and then sent her to talk to Web. And it had gotten more confusing after that...well, it hurt to think right now.

She smiled blithely at Saphire. "Hellion said I needed a hobby," she said, then laughed lightly. "No, actually, in the lands that we live in, fighting is often necessary. I have never learned it, since Cedar is withdrawn from the outside world, I stayed with him through my...delicate times. But now that I've taken to wandering more often, it's beneficial that I learn..."

She looked at Hinote's approaching figure, the arrogant sway of his step and the coldness and anger in his eyes. She sighed. "I wonder if it's worth it..."

--

Hinote could feel Mist's gaze. Something inside him twitched a little, but he squashed it down. He didn't need her kindness right now. But that fiery little blue mare was still there, and he could see she was itching for...something. He gave her another evil grin.

"Hey, daddy's girl, you gonna join in? Or are you scared you're gonna tie your sire's tail in a knot?"

((Hinote's got a very vindictive streak, sorry :oops: ))

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Sparkle followed silently, purposly keeping his eyes off of Mist, and offering Saphy a small smile as Hinote asked if she was going to join in. He knew if he'd just said 'teach me to fight' Hinote wouldn't have paid him attention. He also knew that that was as kind as the stallion would get. It didn't matter to him; all that mattered was getting some of that frustration out of his chest. He may be 'sensitive' as the stallion had said but it was that factor that gave him cause to fight in the first place.

((*winces* Yea, and it looks like it's made of steel :oops: No worries, I get it ;) ))

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

'I wonder if it's worth it...'

That made her think. But she put on a lazy grin and tossed her mane happily. Faker. "Of course it is. This way you can't get beaten too badly... And you'll actually know what your doing."

She glanced at Hinote, her outer appearance not changing much.

SaphireSpin ears suddenly pinned back, and her teeth were beared. "Bring it on, old geezer."

She'd wait for him to make the first move, then go on her instinct. That's the only thing she could trust at the moment, since she didn't actually know how to fight.

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Post by Silverdust »

Hinote rolled his eyes. "Hold it, firebrand, you have to know what the hell you're doing before you start the sparring."

He nodded at Mist. "Show her some of the basics."

He turned back to Sparkle. He felt the stallion seemed to think that he had some understanding of his behavior. Ch. There was nothing to understand. He lived for the fight, it didn't matter the reasons, it didn't matter the person. As long as he could feel that rush. He envied Id, the Ares. What the stallion saw as his greatest shame, his curse, Hinote could only dream of possessing...those Ares eyes...

He gave the stallion a disinterested glance, his eyes sharp and alert even while his mind wandered in his own thoughts. "Do you have any background at all, or do I have to start from scratch, like Mist?"

He glanced at the mare out of the corner of his eye, feeling a slight twinge of pride. She was a fast student, his only worthwhile accomplishment. He wondered if Brittle ever felt the same way about him...

He shook the thoughts violently away.

--

Mist colored slightly. Hinote trusted her to instruct someone? She smiled lightly and turned to the mare.

"Okay, I guess it's worth a try..." she laughed weakly. "I really don't know where to start..."

She shook her head. "No matter how good you appear, it's no indication of your actual skill. See, right now I have no clue what I'm supposed to be doing. Well...I guess we could start with what you want to learn...?"

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

'Firebrand? What does he mean like that?!'

She flared up, glaring at him.

Then her gaze flicked back to Mist, a smile breaking onto her face.

"Ah, like don't judge a book by it's cover."