A chill in the air

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Songhue merely smiled at the praise though she did appretiate it, and bared her teeth in warning as Sparkle pounced around happily.

"I knew you'd like it! Well, I mean I'd hoped you would, but I'm glad you did. So," he said, grinning gallently as he paced around her, "Now that I've shown you my thing it's your turn to choose. Where do we go from here Sky?"

He grinned at her, head tilted, and waited for her answer as Songhue went back to her experemint, easing the wind under the currents and lifting the water to make shapes and figures. If she could control it on this level of intamancy then she should be able to use it as a weapon if need be. If she could control it well enough, she might even be able to form weapons out of it, sharp spears and daggers that could be driven straight through flesh. But first, she had to practice and Sparkle was willing to leave her to it.

SunBlind
Leader
Leader

Post by SunBlind »

"I have no idea," the icy mare replied. "I've never been to the Fields before, I don't know what there is to see."

Sky raised her head and cast about the horizon, to see if there was any landmark of interest. In the distance she could make our a Serian here or there, so she did what was completely in character for her, "Let's go that way," and indicated a direction where there were no others.

(OOC: BTW, if you want to drag them to meet another group somewhere along the way, feel free)

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

OOC| Thanks, I was thinking she'd get along well with Path but I wasn't sure if it'd tick you off.

BIC| The scenery was growing sparser as they moved, with less and less around for distractions. That, however, was perfectly fine with Sparkle who didn't even notice. He was just wondering where it was they were headed.

"Really? I come as often as possible. There's always something new and someone to meet. More viewpoints to find and stories to hear." He chuckled here, perfectly happy, then jerked his head back with a snort as he caught sight of a patch of sun with silken ribbons of sky and earth. Path was trotting lightly ahead of them, the harsh earth patterns on her coat offset by the skyblue threads of her main and tail. Her ring, as always, held a slight glow to it even in this light.

She looked around as they neared and flicked an ear at Sparkle. Something about that move hinted at an older sister being tolerant of a sibling. And while the two were technically unrealated this pretty much discribed their relationship.

"Sparkle," she mumured, her voice echoing as it always did because of its deep tembre. "I thought you were trying to find something that would entertain you. Apparently you found someone instead." Slowing, she pulled even with them and nodded respectfully at the cool colored mare that accompanied the overbright stallion. Any explanation that would come would be freely offered and not pryed out by Path. And heaven knew that if this beauty wasn't quick enough about it Sparkle would be more than willing to ramble on.

SunBlind
Leader
Leader

Post by SunBlind »

Sky found that she kind of like the change in the landscape, it brought up thoughts of tundras and cold arctic places, though it wasn't particularly cold here at all. At least it wasn't hot.

Sparkle had just spoken to her when his attention was caught by a brilliant yellow mare. She was hard to miss out here where the colours had become more and more subdued. Sky wondered what brought this other mare out here, to the middle of nowhere. Coincidences were a powerful thing.

Even more suprising that the mare appeared to recognize the stallion, and indeed it was so as she spoke his name. Sky nodded at the stranger and since Sparkle was the common element linking the two mares, waited for him to make introductions...perhaps she should have spoken first? She should by now know of Sparkle's tendency to keep going once having started...

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

"Oh, hey, Path this is Sky," Sparkle cried happily. "Sky, path is someone who shares my bonded. But what are you doing way out here, Path, I mean, you doing anything special? We were just walking, so come on and see if you can keep up, or maybe you can help explain the uses of friends, I've been trying, but--"

"Sparkle, take a breath or you'll pass out," Path muttered calmly. She flicked her tail, nervous about meeting someone new, and twitched an ear at the overexited stallion. Heaven help her, she'd have to use every ounce of patience she had with him. "I was just walking as well. Thinking. So we're in good company that way," she added with a slight nod to the mare called Sky. But to be honest, the distraction from her thoughts was welcome. She hadn't liked the road they'd been turning down.

"Thinking about what," Sparkle chirpped, trotting happily around as they continued on. "Oh, About Pixie, right, I bet it was about him, what were thinking?"

Path shook her head absently, snorting at him. There was nothing to do about Sparkle; he was just Sparkle. "You seem to be of a cool alter, if you markings are anything to go by," she noted as she tilted her head at Sky. The mare was a true beauty, and Path couldn't help but flick her tail again. She felt so plain next to these mares. Her ring gave a faint glimmer in the sun before it stilled and reflected softly in her eyes before quieting. One thing was certain, Sky's calmness was a welcome reprieve from Sparkle's bouncy joy.

OOC| By the way, here's Path...