Morning in a New Land

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Amaryllis
Regular
Regular

Post by Amaryllis »

(( XD Actually, I was talking about Stray, but Ether is stunning as well. ^^ ))

At the sound of a new voice, Dawn's head shot up in an almost comical fashion. Her forelock fell over her eyes, and she shook it out, scowling. She knew that she probably looked like an idiot, just then, which was not her favorite thing to look like. But who could blame her for being startled? She wasn't terribly fond of random voices, either!

Er ... hello, she replied, feeling slightly better, if only because she was no longer the only one present with a glaringly bright coloration. Pleasure to meet you, Stray. My name is Dawn.... She trailed off there, not sure what else to do, other than nodding her head politely.

Butterfly
Regular
Regular

Post by Butterfly »

ooc|| Oh, well, thank you. ^^;

bic|| Stray checked himself slightly, she was obviously startled at his sudden apperance. "Sorry ma'am, I'm not very good at conversation starters...or conversations at a whole for that matter," he chuckled, narrowing his eyes slightly. Good job, that will definently improve this conversation, Stray thought and shifted his weight uncomfortably.

"Nice to meet you Dawn," he nodded, mane again flowing over his eyes. His eye's flickered with disgust and shook the hair over his shoulders. "Now, how are you doing on this pleasant day?" he asked, eyes squinting against the blaring sun. He was not accustom to the light, and it would take his eyes a while to get used to it.

Amaryllis
Regular
Regular

Post by Amaryllis »

Dawn tossed her head, snorting in amusement. We're in the same boat, then, aren't we? she said, not without friendliness in her voice. Quite honestly, she was rather glad to have someone else to flounder through the general 'socializing' concept with her. She had been getting rather concerned that she wasn't doing it very well.

Concerning his second question, she shrugged. Not bad. It's a nice day, and it's hard to be completely miserable on a nice day, she observed. After considering what she had last said and deciding that it could have been worse, she added, How about yourself?

Butterfly
Regular
Regular

Post by Butterfly »

"That we are," he chuckled, and smiled; not one of his usual smiles, but one of his rare, relaxed one's. "This should be easier for each of us then, since we are both new at this, at least I am," he added, snorting.

Stray nodded, tail flicking around his side, his usual tense body relaxing slightly. "That's true, the weather has been quite lovely," he remarked, staring up into the cloudless blue sky. "Me? Oh, I am rarely out during the day, so this is a new, and rather nice experience for me," he admitted.

Amaryllis
Regular
Regular

Post by Amaryllis »

At this last comment, Dawn gave Stray the equine version of a grin. I know someone like that, she smiled, thinking of Shatter. Hates the sun like poison. Although he's a bit ... off. Not saying you are, she added hurriedly, knowing the instant she said them that her words might be taken the wrong way. You seem quite grounded, actually. Admirable.

Gazing over the grasses for a moment, Dawn then posed a new question. You seem like a personable fellow. Do you stay with any other Serians, or is it just you?

Butterfly
Regular
Regular

Post by Butterfly »

Stray remained silent for a moment, thoughtful at her comments. Is that right? Hm, I thought everyone else prefered the sunlight, he chuckled, and at her hurried comment shook his head. That's fine ma'am, no offense taken, Stray reassured her, then let out a short blow of laughter. Admirable? That would be the first time anyone had complimented me so, he said and nodded.

The Serian smiled for a moment before he spoke.No, for the time being, I am alone, Stray answered. Though that may change, he added. And what of you? He asked, curiousity getting the better of him.