*Doing the wolfy slide*

For non-Serian roleplaying (Persona RP and Fanfiction)
The mists around the mountains clear to reveal in their center a ring of stones, an easy landmark for travelers to gather.

Moderator: Tigress

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

OOC| No prob, I tend to be the same way :) *chuckles* *peels away palm* Hey, I wanna see that pretty face. ;)

BIC| She was wary. That much was obvious, and she got the distinct feeling that Wolfy had forgotton that it was her under all that shifting mass, which if she judged by wasn't seen as entirly revolting. The wolf's thoughts hadn't permeated a mouth so Songhue melded their minds instead, feeling a rushing flood of odd uncertainty from Wolfy even as she pushed her own thoughts forward to see.

This creature was created by a shadow shifter, one I was friends with really, and they were popular as pets for them afterwards. They divide when someone wants another, because they litterally feed off of emotion and the brighter the emotion the healthier the graleth. Shadow shifters tend to be pretty upbeat, so it was all great until one of them gave away an affair. They thought the creatures interesting and loved to watch their thoughts take form. They're living creatures, and bleed just as well as anything, though the blood depends on the mind.

To prove this she let some of herself slip forward (Wolfy's thoughts were shifting rather dramatically at the moment so she wasn't given that much muscle or form anyway) and felt a small prick as her claws cut into her. The blood that seeped out was deep magenta and cold, an odd contrast that got Songhue's mind working. Still she focused mainly on the lesson and shifted back to a panther. It was the next part that would prepare Wolfy for her demons.

The panther had a small nick in her shoulder, wounds following Songhue no matter what her form and no matter how much she shifted. Of course she had to be a white panther but that only made the blood all the more noticable. She hoped Wolfy wouldn't be destracted by such a small thing since it was already starting to clot.

She pulled her mind away from her friend's and offering no explanation, no sign of what she intended, she lept forward, her collision with Wolfy unnavoidable. As teacher she often times had to watch and wait more than the student and the fact always got to her since of irony. It did now as she gauged her friend's reaction in her lunge, not giving her time to think but just act. This, if it can be believed, was went along way to opening up a prospective fighter.

StormSilverWolf
Leader
Leader

Post by StormSilverWolf »

:ooc: Oh a Songhue Mind Meld! ^_^
Eh...*shakes head* She's never gonna be the fighter person in a party. She's too much of a wuss. *pokes self selfconsciously*

:bic:
Storm's mind whirled at the strange thoughts... Her kind were adept at kything so she Knew the thoughts were alien but in focusing on what was at hand, she still felt a bit disorientated by it.
Then before she could separate from the thought, the panther lunged at her... She didn't want to hurt it, she still wasn't sure what exactly was going on. Though if she hadn't been so focused on trying to learn whatever she could, it might have occurred to her that Songhue and the creatures she was seeing were one and the same. Though admittedly, that would have made her reactions even Less responsive.
She threw up an arm to block most of the attack, keeping her voice low and soothing dispite the sensible fear in the back of her mind... Centuries had taught her that fear was healthy in small doses, it drove you to stay sharp But it was an enemy to keeping a situation from becoming deadly. Especailly in the animal kingdom.
"I don't want to hurt you... If you are ill, let me heal you. I am your friend, not your foe. If you are hungry, let me help you find something to eat. Please let me help you."
She had reacted the way she always would... Her heart was never in the killing or wounding of others, it was in the Healing.
~IMVU- StormAmberWolf~
Peace within.
Your resident Wolfy
~(*~

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

OOC| Yea, it's part of what I love about her. It's just so you can feel other thoughts and reactions, there's absolutly no control that's given up. If it was uncomfortable enough for someone and they tried to fight it, even a little, the pain would be insurmountable. :oops:

BIC| The two tumbled and rolled together, with what could only be called a purr comming from Songhue's throat. She'd had the right reaction, and she'd somehow knew that there was no reason for a counter attack. She was sure if Wolfy'd felt she was in real danger she wouldn't stand there and say 'Whoa, hold up there, wait a minute.' There was a new emotion surfacing to battle with the gratitude from earlier, only this time it was pride. Songhue was suddenly very proud of her pal.

After a quick and affectionate nuzzle she stepped back and changed into her real self. This next part was what begun the lesson, though she hadn't realized it herself when she was being taught. The important thing was to keep Wolfy off her guard and on her toes.

"Think something, anything, and don't direct your thoughts. Let them wander, empty your mind, see nothing but shadows. They taunt you. They dare you, call you weak for not daring to go closer. See the shadows, the flashes of red, the smear of grey." Wolfy was being hypnotized. Songhue would wait until she was so far under she lost all sense of self and only then would she explain, only then would the demons be faced.

"Smell them? Bitter and burnt, rancid like sweat gone sour. They're cold, so cold it burns. Listen to them. They give you a taste, rotten eggs and candy, corrupt and enticing. Which is stronger for you? Does it matter? They're laughing. It sounds like pain, like pure bottled pain. Oh, yes, pain has a sound. It crawls on your skin, pricks you, wriggles in your ears and nose, tries to invade your pours. You aren't you any more. Where are you? Why are you in the shadows? Do you remember going in? Does it even matter? Tell me. Quickly!"

Her voice, usually so soft and frail, suddenly becomes a command, sharp an demanding. The power shown in this one act is proof of her heritage, of her parents. She's not something that can be resisted. Even the birds outside obey, telling her everything they can, creating such noise that a dog howl can be heard in the distance. Wolfy should respond as well, and the lesson will have been started.

StormSilverWolf
Leader
Leader

She blinked at the panther-come-Songhue and kind of blushed a little. She stood up again... Apparently she had done well? ;);

Storm's mind focuses as it's told and she shudders... She feels the darkness and knows it. It is such an old foe that the line between foe and friend has long ago been blurred and erased.
The colors of her eyes whirl again... Quick flashes of fire and gold and silver and green spinning into sooty greys and murking saphire blues... Like watching a ship crash and be pulled under by its own weight into the murky depthes of a cold forbidding ocean.
"War... dying planet... Starvation... I am Here. I am Here because I Must Be. I Remember. No, only protecting matters. Only salvation Matters. Only Blood Matters. Not the Arrival."
Her voice was a low half wolf growl as her sight is turned inward... To memories... Not forgotten but buried out of self preservation. Her mind bulked at resurrecting the past when she spent more time inbetween in the darkness between planets and times trying to find a way back to her world... Only to hear its cries as it began its final journey.
Her knees buckled beneath the weight but still she faced what her mind saw. Tears run down her face but she neither cried out nor made any move to wipe them away... She was not ashamed of them. The darkened eyes take on an incredibly ancient appearance, filled with sorrow, pain and most of all understanding. Her hand reached out to the perceived shadows, glowing slightly with the energy of her will to heal the pain. Not stop it, she knew she never truly wanted the pain to stop... Because if it ever did, it would mean she no longer understood or cared about what others experienced... It meant she was no longer whole enough to journey to the edge of the darkness. That she could no longer but of use to her people or any other living thing.
The gem at her throat winked and glittered menacingly... It almost seemed to be laughing. The visage of the woman inside it was that of Storm curled and writhing in pain weeping as the gem's darkness engulfed her.
To journey within was to journey into the Soul Gem she had been tied to since her spirit had come into being... And the gem was never a kind friend.
~IMVU- StormAmberWolf~
Peace within.
Your resident Wolfy
~(*~

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

"They are many," Songhue whispered, trying with all her might not to let her own monsters overtake her. "They are one. They are you. Feel them. Know them. Now look; see, they are but tricks, they are many and fierce but not as you would believe them. The one, just there, large and slow. See it? Touch it. It burns it's so cold. It wants you. Lull it, tease it, show it you're not scared even if you are. And come back here, pull back to where you feel the light. Be sure it focuses on you. Don't let it know where it is. You're almost back now, you can feel the light behind you. Pull it back with you, pull it out of the shadows so you can face it. Let it know you're not helpless."

She was quiet for a moment here, waiting as Wolfy pulled the thing out, hoping her elder was as strong as they both believed her to be, and sympathetic to her tender heart. Songhue's own had hardened against these shadows, there had been walls built, brick by brick, and she hid behind them when she had to contact her demons. After a few times one could make this journy on their own, but only if they thought they were strong enough to handle the coldly burning darkness on their own. When Wolfy got back she'd have her shadow, and the tender ache that always followed the first bringing. Only she could determine which would be stronger for her. She could face the shadow or surrender to the ache. If things went wrong she had her instructor for insurance so she couldn't be hurt. Still, Songhue felt for her. That in and of itself hurt.

StormSilverWolf
Leader
Leader

Storm followed the voice... She listened. Her eyes never showed fear, just tragedy... Her demons were not made of fear but of all the pain she had survived and all the sorrow she had suffered in her long life.
She willed the shadow Songhue requested to come with her. She felt nothing but sorrow at bringing it into being. The pain radiating from it may have been hers but she felt its heart beat all the same... She had seen Songhue destroy her shadows... Now suddenly it wasn't frustration or fear that made her feel she shouldn't drag the poor thing into the light.... It was Pity. She carressed the shadow through the burning dry ice flames, her hand feeling the sweet fire lick at its bones. But the shadow looked at her, yes she could see the pitiful eyes stare back her pleading. She drew away... No she wasn't afraid of it... She embraced it, welcomed it, cared for it. For it was the part of her that linked her to the power to mend others... It was her Compassion.

She blinked, her breath shortened as she fought herself to do what the fae commanded of her... She was to harm this thing. She knew that Songhue had wanted and needed to fight her own darkness, but Storm was having a hard time not seeing her Own darkness as a blessing. It let her hide things, the pain from other people... It helped her see when the world was too bright with illusions. It healed her when the war on her world had torn it apart. It had been home when she had been alone and homeless. She tilted her head and gave a long low mournful howl that would make any other hearing it's hair stand on end, tears streaming down her face. The shadow replied in kind. She touched the shadow again and whispered...
"Forgive me old friend." And let it slide back to where it came.

Panting she dropped onto her back shaking...
"I am so very very sorry... I thought I could do it, I thought it would be something I could do, but I failed. I couldn't..." she choked staring at the ceiling feeling weak and foolish. Part of her knew she had let Songhue down... Again. But the stronger part of her could not bring herself to harm something that in her mind had done nothing to her. She had first thought the darkness was something alien and dangerous; had thought she Needed to fight it. But then in drawing from herself, she found that it wasn't the case. Had she been as wise as many thought the centuries had made her, she would not have asked the fae to teach her about this aspect. Because she had known what her darkness was all along, she had just forgotten.
She turned a sickly pale face to Songhue and said hoarsely, "I'm sorry I asked that of you. I'm so very sorry I failed you again. I will understand if you're angry with me for putting us both through that when I should have realized..."
She turned the ashen features back to the ceiling and clasped her hands across her stomache wishing they were outside instead of in wherever this was. She licked dry chapped lips...
"I should have realized that darkness is made up of many things for different people."
~IMVU- StormAmberWolf~
Peace within.
Your resident Wolfy
~(*~