A Moment Alone

For non-Serian roleplaying (Persona RP and Fanfiction)
The mists around the mountains clear to reveal in their center a ring of stones, an easy landmark for travelers to gather.

Moderator: Tigress

Foxxfyre
Site Admin
Site Admin

A Moment Alone

Post by Foxxfyre »

Foxxfyre ran her hand through her hair as she sat in the shade of a snow-covered tree, resting her back against the trunk. Closing her eyes, she smiled in relief as the winter air soothed her strung nerves. Her firey hair whipped around her face as the breeze became stronger, but still she didn't budge.

Relaxing, finally... today has been a full one.

She murmered to herself as she watched the Serians in the distance. Her cat-like eyes glimmered as she lost herself in their world, forgetting about her own. The longer she stayed, the more snow beneath her melted until the brown-green grass beneath was showing for the first time that winter. Propping herself down on the ground she plucked a long strand of grass and stuck the end of it in her mouth, chewing idly as she set her head down on a lowered arm and sighed in contentment.
Sa souvreya niende misain ye... I am lost in my own mind.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

The little snow hare edged closer, amazed that she'd been right. It was Foxx, the one she thought of as the Great Creator. Maybe she'd make friends, maybe she'd just be told to go away, but if nothing else Songhue had to see what this being was like close up. And if she was turned away she could always sit under a bush and return to watching the serians. They always soothed her frayed nerves as long as she kept her distance. Just seeing them helped her, but interacting wasn't a good idea since she might do something she'd later regret; like go on about her own bondeds or about their relationships.

Nose twitching, she edged a little closer, not sure if she'd end up watching the pretties or getting to know the one who'd introduced her to them. Maybe she could just watch Foxx; it didn't look like she was about to be noticed. And it was safer to watch. It was also the easy way out.

"Hi, uh, want some company?" Sheesh, she hadn't felt this shy since she'd first come here. It was back to the old 'don't attack me, I'll go if you just say so' routine. She hated it, hated that it showed she was weak, and hated that there was nothing she could do about it. She was always ready to retreat when she met someone new; and that hardly ever changed with someone she respected as a greater being. There was nothing to be done about that either.

Foxxfyre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Foxxfyre »

Her eyes half-shut in relaxation, she didn't notice the snow hare until it got close enough for her to hear it. Smiling to herself, she kept watching the Serians while her visitor approached. Sensing the apparent intimidation the tiny hare was feeling, she did her best to make her smile friendly, despite the long canines her grin showed.

Hi there Little One... Have you come to watch these fields as well? I wouldn't mind the company at all.

Humor lit her eyes as she finally turned to get a look at her visitor, grass peeking from the corner of her mouth and feet stretched out behind her. She cautiously held from saying much more, since it appeared her visitor might be overwhelmed with anything else.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Hey, she was nice. And she knew about watching, that was something. Songhue tilted her head a little at these thoughts, wondering at the fangs and hopping closer still. This would be interesting.

Twitching her nose agian she shimmered and became a white doe, her head still tilted to the side and the same oddly shaped blue-grey eyes shining out at the girl. She really wasn't any good at meeting anyone new, even if it was just offically meeting them.

"I sit here sometimes and watch," she admitted, smiling as she looked out over the fields. "It helps. Sometimes it's all that helps." She had to hold in a sigh here, a faint spark flickering to life in her eyes as she contemplated the others. She did lay down though, curling neatly next to the girl with the intruiging smile. Next to Foxx if she could believe her luck.

"I'm Songhue by the way. Most everyone else has a nickname so I suppose that makes me odd, but there you have it. I like your smile too. It's interesting."

She yawned slightly, unable to help herself, and silently cursed the timing of some little ones. She'd be tired all day and the fact that she'd do it all again in a heartbeat didn't change that. And that meant she wouldn't have as much control over her temper. Maybe it would have been better to just watch after all.

Foxxfyre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Foxxfyre »

Her eyes widened slightly as the little white hare transformed, taking note that the eyes did not change. What is is about the eyes, that they always show truth? She smiled to herself and then grinned as the doe became human. She was surprised at the age of the girl, expecting someone older. She turned as the girl spoke and she smiled at the words.

It helps my soul as well. The breeze flickered and she closed her eyes for a moment, savoring its essence. Opening them again, she sighed and stuck out a hand awkwardly, in a friendly sort of wave. I've never met you officially, though I've seen you around. I recognize the eyes, now that I think about it. I'm Foxxfyre.

Her eyes shifted a little, slightly uncomfortable at her first conversation in a long time. Since she preferred places a little more isolated, she didn't see many others, and was seldom approached. Her shyness was passing, though, as she became comfortable with conversing.

Nicknames are overrated sometimes. She laughed quietly, recalling some of her own. At times, I was known as 'Foxxy'. Not exactly the most intimidating of nicknames. But that was another time and place. She winked. Plus, I'm sure we could find you one rather easily. She chuckled and her eyes absentmindedly went back to watching, her mind still focused on the conversation.

She shook her head as she observed the tranquil setting. 'Needs more edge', she thought to herself.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

"I've always proven hard to peg for one," the girl murmured and looked carefully out at the others. With the way she lived now she was almost always terrified of stepping on someone's toes. It'd be best if she kept her mind focused.

"I've seen you too. Watched you really. Like them." She was still quiet, something that she really couldn't help since she had a voice that always sounded like a whisper. But there was strength in it now as well and she pulled up her knees to think better.

"I think it needs contrast," she finally mumbled and tilted her head at the older woman. She was young yet, but her face made her seem younger still. Most were surprised when she voiced adult thoughts. "The land here. Everything fits too well. It needs something that makes it stand out so you feel like it's here just for you and no one else. But the peace is nice if that's all you really need. That and a false sense of security, but I suppose everyone needs just a little of that."

Her eyes flashed slightly as she looked, picturing different things on different worlds. Then she focused again and smiled at the tranquility. There was true peace here, one she could appreciate without spoiling. One she could watch if not be a part of.

"You seem to be a watcher as well. To notice things. If you want me to go, I will. I got my false sense of security for the day." And she didn't want it spoiled by overstaying her welcome. Songhue always expected the worst of herself.

First though, she shifted and adjusted her clear ice blue dragonfly wings so they pressed against her back. The darker tips dissappeared in the shadows and rested neatly just below her hair line. She didn't think she had to be ready to run with Foxxfyre. She didn't feel threatened, just in over her head. The whole social thing was still something she was warming to.