Lost (everyone feel free to join in)

For non-Serian roleplaying (Persona RP and Fanfiction)
The mists around the mountains clear to reveal in their center a ring of stones, an easy landmark for travelers to gather.

Moderator: Tigress

Keira
Elder
Elder

Post by Keira »

Hearing this news made Aspen quiet and even though a few tears still escaped the corners of her eyes she did well to stay calm. "Oh my gosh, I dont know what I was thinking... ok, I wasnt thinking." After a moment when all the tears had dried she looked into her friends eyes. "Thank you Shealeth. Thanks for finding us... and well, everything. I dont know what I'd do with out you." She embraced her friend, then went to apologize to Starlight.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Shealeth was silent as she packed up, refilling the canister she'd emptied earlier on her ride and puttin away the rope she'd use to secure her friend. When everything was all set she put a hand on Dusk's cheek and murmured quietly to her friend, her mind worried. Then, with a soft pat, she swung back up into the saddle to wait for Aspen to get ready. If things were truly that bad at home then something could be done, but certainly it could be something within reason.

Keira
Elder
Elder

Post by Keira »

Aspen took her time getting ready to go. When she was finally ready she paused and looked at Shealeth "I dont want to go home." She said this firmly but not mean or commanding. "I cant handle it right now... maybe later but right now I cant go home."

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

"Aspen, calm down. Just saying that you didn't want to go was enough. You know me, I don't do the whole drama thing. Now Dusk still needs her walk; you're free to join us if you want. If not, then just keep your head from now on. That was just foolish, what you did, and I'm sorry to say I'm not surprised. You've been overly emotional lately. Come, ride with us and get yourself under control. Then you can tell me what has you putting Starlight in danger. I know it has to be bad for you to have done that, but nothing is worth someone else getting hurt."

With that she gently nudged Dusk into a light trot, leaving the choice of following up to her friend. Shealeth couldn't help but smile as she saw the specks of sunlight on her mare's neck. A cross between two breeds, Dusk had been very expensive to come by. Her father favored Arabians, so finding the stallion was no problem. The hard part had been finding a blueroan mare to breed him with, and even then the first colt had been the wrong coloration. In body Dynomite favored the build of his mother, but in color he was his father's son. That was okay though; Shealeth had plenty of brothers and sisters who'd been willing to claim him.

After putting so much effort into having Dusk, Shealeth knew there was no way she would ever put the mare in danger, not intentionally at least. She'd raised it since it was first born, had been with her through the weaning, and had broken her herself. Of the few friends the eccentric, quiet girl claimed Dusk was her best. And she knew the mare loved the forest, the hard turns and sharp concentration they required if she was to move at the speed she loved. Of course, a canter in this area wouldn't be a good idea, but once they got in the more open area next to their medow she'd let Dusk have a free head.

Starlight could run then as well, and she knew he'd appretiate it. That young stallion still had the energy of a colt at times. And the motion and need for concentration would to Aspen good and help her clear her mind. It seemed that Dusk knew what was best for all of them at the moment, and the surity of her hooves plodding on the soft earth seemed to reinforce the idea.

With a small grin Shealeth glanced back at the old willow tree and thought of the perfectness of the spot. Her favorite tree next to her favorite stream, the one she'd learned to swim in, with her favorite mare. The girl was mature for her age, there was no doubting that, but she was still young enough to believe that that spot would never be worn away. In her mind when another girl came wandering through in another two or three hundred years she would find the old willow next to the gentle stream, and she'd know that it had been special to someone once. It was a good dream for a girl to have. Perhaps that was what made Aspen so troubled; she seemed to have lost touch with those little dreams. And for that, even Dusk didn't have a cure.