Sunlit Shadows [Amber, Please]

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

She really was a kind spirit, this friend of his. Tossing water off of his main, Sparkle noted her sides heaving and gave a playful wink as he swam back a little way. He knew he'd want his dignity saved in a moment like that, and a few seconds to consider never hurt the game. He kept his eyes on her though, and after a moment he realized he wasn't just watching her breath. The way the light flowed over her patterns through the water was truely hipnotizing. Ahhh, this love of light was a weakness of his, there was no doubt there. But then so was fun and he couldn't really find anything wrong with that.

Amber's mentioning Saphy leaving the circle though did bring back a few thoughts. When his own hadn't gone as he'd expected (and there was no other word for it, he'd simply expected it to be fast friends and a lot of fun) he'd tried to get out. He'd tried again when he fell for Mist, futile as that had become, and it seemed he was simply stuck there. Sparkle never enteracted with his circle mates so it wasn't a huge issue, but being trapped in it made him somewhat miserable; he was a highly social creature and a circle, to him, meant more than simply belonging to a certain group.

His eyes flashed with something as he thought of this, almost mirroring the shimmers that danced along Amber's side, but just as quickly it was gone again. There was nothing to do about it. In any case, he'd had enough dark thoughts for one day; it was time for this gentle mare to whoop his behind. And to be perfectly honest he loved the very idea.

Kyra
Elder
Elder

Post by Kyra »

Amber watched Sparkle and took note that he was staring at here. Drat, I think he noticed that I am out of breath! Though she noticed after a moment that he looked as if he were in a trance. Then a feeling she had had only a once overcame her. She felt save, happy and calm, though she only had this felling for a couple seconds and then it was gone.

Oh, please, do not have let him seen that. Though she knew what it was and was very shy about admitting it. She gave the yellow stallion a wicked grin, and then she turned slowly and trotted out of the water. As she trotted, the water drops flew off her and sparkled in the sun. As if small stars followed behind Amber. After she was 10 feet or so from the water, she stopped and turned around to face the bright colored stallion.

She reared up, and then came crashing down and bolted straight for him. She galloped as if she had been fired out of a canon and jumped into the water. Landing right in front of Sparkle, he would have had no chance to move because the huge wave would have it him no matter where he went.

Amber then turned quickly around and swam back to the shallow water. She stopped and faced him, "How do you like that?" she said in a playful voice. She shook her head, water drops flying off in every direction and glistening in the sunlight. Her main landing on her neck and her forelock landed, covering one eye.

She watched him, with a playful and mischievous grin on her face. She so loved their water games and just hanging out with the playful stallion.
I need a new image holder...lol

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

It took Sparkle a moment to answer. He'd watched her every move carefully, trying to decide what her comeback would be, but his thoughts had stuttered at the sight of dancing light droplets. Those eyes always wandered to the specks whenever even saw a chance for them. His only warning had been the sound of Amber's hooves as she came at him and then he reacted on instinct, ducking down just enough to avoid the worst of the wave. With the timing there was no way to have avoided it completly, but at least he wasn't out of breath once he'd finished tumbling around beneath the surface.

"I liked it just fine, actually," he laughed as his head shot back through the surface. "It reminded me of something. Do you mind if I show you a trick I know?"

The very question had Sparkle's eyes brightly alive, almost burning with enthusiasm. He seemed to move slower as well, to match his pace to that of the water as he drifted easly into the shallows. So easily, in fact, that there wasn't even the usual jar as hooves were made to take on weight again. Something had caught his interest...

Kyra
Elder
Elder

Post by Kyra »

Amber giggled to herself as she watched him tumble in the water, he had looked like he wasn't paying attention to next move until her had heard her coming. He had just barley avoided the worst wave; instead he got bumped around underwater.

She looked at him when he asked he the question, "A trick you know? Ok." Though she wasn't sure if this would be his next move or not, so she would just try to keep a low guard up without letting it show. She had a feeling it was going to be something she may have to get revenge on him.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Tossing his main happily, Sparkle joined her in the shallowed and with a happy nicker reared back. Landing as hard as he could on his front hooves he splashed everywhere, even soaking himself.

"Now before you try to get even," he laughed, shaking himself dry and trying to stiffle a chuckle, "I want you to watch the water. We can get each other soaked and enjoy a show at the same time if we can just splash big enough!!" And with that he was off bucking and stomping around like a young colt; it came as no surprise that others saw him as immature in these moments.

Kyra
Elder
Elder

Post by Kyra »

Amber never took her eyes off the yellow stallion as he joined her in the shallow water. She knew the moment he gave the playful nicker that he was going to do something. She bolted to the side, her main and tail following her like a blue streak of lighting. Though she did not think his move was to rear and soak everything near by, and especially himself as well.

The huge wave washed over her, her main and forelock stuck to her face, covering both eyes and her tail was stuck to her right back leg. She shook herself, her tail, main and forelock breaking free from her face and leg, now rippled slightly as the breeze blew through it. The water flying off in every direction, sparkling in the sunlight as it had before once again.

"Ok, I will watch the water, but you’re in for a big water show now!" She said in a playful and mischievous voice. She watched his movements as he bucked and stomped around. I see, now I know what I can do, she thought to herself. She bolted forward and made sure with perfect timing, she bumped hard into his side. The water sprayed up around her as she slides into him. She had noticed before how he seemed to go in a trance when she had shook before and the water had glistened in the sunlight, so she figured he would again get entranced, allowing her to make her next move. This would surely work, it would send him flying and skid across the water and her stopping dead in her tracks. Also if he head been able to see it coming he would get hit by a wall of spray as well as she would just nick the side of him.

She then reared, as she hit the water with a huge force, the water rose up in a huge wave and a wall of spray behind it. Amber then turned and galloped further down the steam. She then slowed to a jog, then a haut. She then turned to watch her double move play out. She took this time to also think how she had heard others refer to Sparkle as an immature colt and how Crash had said, "Amber you’re to energetic for your own good, and you love to play too much. This makes you look younger than you are, more like a filly." Kyra had said, " Don't listen to him, be your self, however you like to be. I love all your energy and playfulness, if you didn't act this way, it wouldn't be you."

As she watched him to see how he would react, once again her main, forelock and tail rippled as the breeze blew through it.