nothing more than a shell and ghost...

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

nothing more than a shell and ghost...

Post by Silverdust »

He felt the most comfortable skirting the girl's lands. Yes, 'the girl'. A thousand years could pass and he could never bring himself to call her 'mistress', even though she had broken him to bind him and in some twisted way had learned to love him the only way he could allow. So he called her 'girl', or 'Sethe' when he was feeling more than usual, and she seemed to accept it. She was happy with the knowledge that she owned him body and soul.

He wasn't sure exactly if he cared about the owning the way that he should. Web, angry but resigned, and Hellion, rebellious but needing and wanting at the same time. He shocked them, even angered them perhaps, with his indifference. "Does it mean so little to you?" Web had asked him once, skepticism in her ruby-wine eyes. He had shrugged. Maybe it did.

He smirked to himself as he slipped between the shadows of the knife-like trees, his hooves making sounds like gunshots against the hardpacked stone and dirt. Against the backdrops of monotone black and silver, he almost glowed with his lurid coloring. His eyes shined neon-fire in the eternal night; if anything, they made him look the antithesis of his name.

Anything but Lucid.

((wow, I am rusty... :? ))

SunBlind
Leader
Leader

Post by SunBlind »

Lucid wasn't alone.

An ear flicked as the vibrations of thudding hooves approached. The green head was raised, antlers gently brushing a low branch of a tree, blood red eyes scanning the horizon for the source of the sound.

Those eyes narrowed as the brightly coloured form came into sight. The stallion snorted.

"Now, who could this be..." Briar mused to himself.

http://www.myth-and-fantasy.com/mystich ... ills3.html

(hope I can jump in? ^_^)

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

OOC| *pops in for a quick second* You don't seem rusty at all to me, Silver. Your writing still puts me to shame. *second's up*

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Post by Silverdust »

((thanks Songhue *hugs* Sorry for the late reply SunBlind, I was in Chicago ^^;;))

He heard the snort easily, the silence was so deafening. Eyes raised to meet the other stallion, and his head tipped sideways slightly. His motions were languid and smooth, with an almost intoxicated feel to them, as if he were moving underwater. Strange for a creature born of fire.

"Lucid," he replied to the rhetorical musing, with the tone of an afterthought, coming closer to the stranger. "This one is Lucid."

The subtle jest and disattachment in his voice and movements would make him anything but. He hadn't expected to see anyone else straying this close to the girl's borders.

SunBlind
Leader
Leader

Post by SunBlind »

"Hmm," Briar thought to himself. "He's got good hearing." It was important to know the strengths as well as the weaknesses, of both friend and foe...just in case. It was his experience that there was only a very fine and fluid line separating the two.

The green stallion stepped forward, his antlers rustling free of the twigs entangling them. He quickly scanned the red stallion, noting the wings but lack of weaponry. Those eyes were strange though, he seemed a little...off? He couldn't quite figure it out. He decided not to assume that just because Lucid had no horns, nor claws, nor fangs that he must be safe. Sometimes the crazy ones were much more dangerous than the scary ones.

"I am Briar," he replied in his deep, gruff voice.

((no problemo about slow replies, I usually have trouble getting on during the week anyway. BTW, if you could give some details of the terrain of the region, it would be helpful *g* I take it we're in a nighttime forest?))

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Post by Silverdust »

((whoops, sry bout the vagueness xD))

"Well, then, hello Briar," his voice tipped up and down in a hazardous melody. He made no move to stray toward the other though. It was almost as if the girl had bound him to the desolate land of eternal night and leafless trees.

He flicked a wing out slightly, brushing the cool, smooth bark of the skeletal asp. A few leaves shone silver on the branches, the girl's powers fading as he ventured farther out. His eyes darted over to the other stallion again, taking in the vibrant green of his coat, the thorns that tangled about him, the horns. Forest altar, then? He would not like it here.

"Perhaps I should warn you...?" he sounded as if he were musing to himself. "Your on her border, nothing grows in there, further in. And besides, she doesn't like others. Trespass, you understand, no?"