nothing more than a shell and ghost...

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

SunBlind
Leader
Leader

Post by SunBlind »

"She?" Briar replied to Lucid's warning. He wasn't afraid, especially of a female, but Lucid seemed to have some kind of respect for her. He gazed up at the trees with their strange silver leaves. The two of them stood out like sore thumbs in this monochrome landscape. Brilliant red and bright green. "She rules a dead land then." His voice was tinged with a hint of disapproval.

It was, by his reckoning, actually night, so he hadn't been surprised to find this place enshrouded in darkness. But it was a different kind of night, the kind that never ends.

He had grown tired of the gentle hills where he lived with SunBlind's other Serians. It was nice enough, with gentle breezes and tall grasses. And he did his best to chase off any undersireable travellers. But the magic in SunBlind's realm tended to dispatch unwanted visitors long before they reached the Hills...so he didn't really have much to keep him occupied.

The others might like chasing butterflies, but he wasn't that kind of a stallion. He wasn't a warrior, but he had a thorny personality. Sometimes that led to altercations with the other Serians, particularly Drake who tended to be a little hot tempered himself.

After that last....incident....it was agreed by all that Briar should burn off some steam...elsewhere.

No, he didn't like this place, the forest obviously having been abused by "her". But the indignity forced upon these trees roused that deep seated instinct to protect the helpless shifting within him. He needed to know more, and so he remained.

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Post by Silverdust »

Lucid shrugged, head lolling back to the mountains like jagged distant knives. Lights winked in the darkness, the only indication of the castle in the shadows. "She likes it that way. No life. No light. My...girl-thing."

Mistress, what is a substitute that doesn't demote him to a slave? He wouldn't worry about it, the stallion looked intelligent enough to figure it out. But there was something burning in the other's eyes, something moving slowly to the surface. Anger he could sense, however vague. Anger for the trees? What to expect from those of Deep Forest.

"The trees grow like that, they always have. She created this from the desert she was given. Trees shouldn't even grow here, and when they do, it's like this. Only these kind can prosper without the sun, you know."

SunBlind
Leader
Leader

Post by SunBlind »

"Hmph" was Briar's reply to that. Fine, so she created trees where there were none, that was commendable. But was such cruelty justifiable? The trees here were warped, would it not have been better had they had no life at all, than a life such as this. No life-giving sun to soak up through their leaves, no richness in the soil to absorb through their roots. This was no life, this was simple misery.

He decided to leave the issue at the moment. This other stallion obviously could not appreciate how these trees suffered. On the other hand, there seemed to be a different kind of tension living inside the strange one.

"There doesn't seem to be much love lost between you and your...girl-thing. You do not enjoy the fact that you are Bonded? Does your bond not treat you well?" Briar was not noted for subtlety and tact. Though a truly personal question, he asked it as if he were asking Lucid's name or what he thought of the weather tonight.

But he wondered about this "girl". If she treated her Serians as she treated her forests, he could sympathize with the plight of the red stallion...perhaps it explained that disturbing look in those vivid green eyes.

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Post by Silverdust »

Lucid bare batted an eye at the question, perhaps because he made his life from impossibility. What would seem bizzare, even vulgar in normal standards, well, it hardly bothered him. He was from a realm of twisted logic.

"Bonded," he mused lightly. "I suppose somewhere I do not appreciate being tied to another soul. I was made to be alone after all, she was the one who forced herself into the whole...twist."

He flicked his tail offhandedly, snagging and breaking some of the more brittle of the branches. One couldn't tell if the movement was careless or deliberate. "As for the second part of that question, how would I know how to be treated? This bonding is like a binding chain; I have lost interest in how I am to feel in its grasp."

He looked at the other in that same whimsical, distanced manner. "Or I could just be a loner who enjoys spinning tales. Why are you so far from your bonded's land then? Assuming that you are content with your chain."

SunBlind
Leader
Leader

Post by SunBlind »

Briar frowned at the final question, indeed Lucid did seem to have a point. Why was he here? His gaze moved away from the red stallion's form to glance about this region. Well, he knew why...that incident, but he wasn't about to talk about that with a stranger, especially one as strange as this one.

On the other hand, though he knew why he had come, he didn't know why he had come here. What instinct had made him choose to come to this place instead of another? This certainly wasn't a place he would have chose of his own free will, then again, there didn't appear to be any factors in his being here other than his own will.

Lucid was still patiently waiting for an answer. darn those eerie green eyes, making him nervous and uncomfortable. They weren't the kind of eyes that saw into your soul, no...these were the kind of eyes that showed the soul...and this was not a soul one wanted to see too clearly.

"I don't know," Briar replied, returning his gaze to the other stallion. "I just am."