A River Flows Through It

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

SunBlind
Leader
Leader

Post by SunBlind »

This brought River up short, he pause one forehoof in the air poised to be brought down in a resounding splash. He looked down at the water swirling about his knees as if he'd suddenly discovered that it wasn't a friend but an enemy, a painful betrayal.

He let his leg slip back into the water. "Yes, you can drown. And it probably isn't a fun experience...I don't know if it hurts though...."

The voice in his head chuckled, after all, why should Wisp accept him as a friend when he was associated with such a dangerous element. Probably the next words out of the other stallion's mouth would be that he was going to go now, to find some drier place. Oh, he shouldn't have splashed him that much!

NO! River shook his head at the voice, water droplets flying from his mane like a hundred sparkling crystals in the sun. That was silly. He glanced at Wisp making patterns in the water with his horns. He didn't seem to mind being wet, at least not much. And he didn't sound scared when he said that bit about drowning.

River's ears perked back up, "But I bet it doesn't hurt as much as being burned!" he said full of excitment and a big grin on his face. "Or being skinned alive, or..." and on he went, each death more horrific than the last.

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

Wisp actually began to laugh. It was a real laugh... Not like ones that he had performed all those times before...

"Easy now. Your making yourself sound sadistic. Your too innocent to be naming off causes of death." He grinned, ignoring the new drops of water flying in all directions.

"Are you that eager to jump to the defence of something that has no ears to hear you, or voice to thank you?" He half asked River, and half asked himself. He didn't really say it loud enough for the other stallion to hear but if he had been listening carefully, he could catch it in the air.

It seemed that behind that awkward grin, something else was hiding it's ugly face.

SunBlind
Leader
Leader

Post by SunBlind »

River cut his stream of unpleasant deaths short after Wisp's comment with a gasp. He suddenly realized how, well, weird that must have sounded. Wisp probably thought he was some kind of homocidal maniac now. He kept grinning but it was a little more strained. At least Wisp hadn't run away screaming!

"Hmm?" River asked as Wisp's voice reached him, mumbling something that he could barely make out. Something about defence of voices....did he know then? The voice in his head?! River looked about as if someone might be watching them. If Wisp didn't think he was homocidal, he might still think he was crazy. "What voices are you talking about?" Though he maintained his nonchalant grin, his voice quivered slightly. "I don't hear any voices...."

Yeah, like that sounded convincing.

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

Wisp grinned, watching the stallion panic beneath his words. Oh, he was definitly a twitchy one.

"Don't worry so much. I didn't say anything about hearing voices." His grin faded into a warm smile, sighing heavily. "Just forget about it. But you know, if somethings bothering you..."

He shifted his weight, his gaze settled calmly on the other creature.

"Don't be afraid to talk about it, alright?"

Truth be told, it felt awkward saying this to someone other then a mare, but River was considered a friend now. He didn't want the stallion to feel as if he needed to keep everything inside.

That just wasn't right.

SunBlind
Leader
Leader

Post by SunBlind »

"Oh, ok....that's good." River was relieved that Wisp hadn't figured out his little secret, the little voice that kept telling him that he was going to be abandoned again and left in that empty, lonely place.

But he wasn't quite ready to talk about it just yet.

"Nothing's bothering me, I'm fine. Just a little jumpy about being back here again, the first time since my first bond abadoned me...." he realized he was repeating himself and stopped babbling.

For a moment he watched the water swirl about his knees then said, "Umm, how about we get out of this water before you catch a cold? I heard that those not of the Sacred Sea could be prone to such things. I never really understood that. How exactly could water on your outside make you sick while you need water on your inside to keep you alive?"

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

Wisp went silent for a moment, the smile slowly fading. He took a couple steps backward onto the shore, but still looked as if he were in deep thought.

"Ether explained it to me once... He knows a lot about bodies and such... I think it's the fact that the water inside us is only a little bit of the materials we are made of, mixed in with the rest of us, you know? Like cake batter."

He paused again, trying to think of a better way to say it.

"I think... The water chills us from the outside in, which leads to the sniffles and so on... I'm not all that great with scientific stuff." His grin came back, and he puffed out his chest to make himself look a bit bigger. "I'm Wisp of the Red Sands, it'll take a lot more then water to get me down"

The air in his chest blew out between his lips in a sigh, smirking at River. "Although, your probably right."