A River Flows Through It

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

SunBlind
Leader
Leader

Post by SunBlind »

River watched as the shimmering form vanished beneath the shimmer of the water. He turned to Wisp and grinned, "We saved it!" Granted, River hadn't done anything other than fret over it, but he felt like he'd done something important anyway. It was after all the first time he'd ever had to take action to help someone, or something, in need.

He glanced about the beach and then a confused look crossed his face, his ear twitched "Where exactly were we going before we found the jellyfish?"

OOC: I've honestly forgotten what they were up to before this *g* I'll let Wisp take the lead this time.

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

"Where ever the wind takes us, if I remember correctly." Wisp laughed softly and began walking slowly along the ocean shore to no where in particular, just moving for the sake of moving.

He cast a glance to his new friend, calling back to him.

"So tell me about the place you come from, is it nice?"

SunBlind
Leader
Leader

Post by SunBlind »

River cast one last glance to where the jellyfish disappeared and trotted to catch up to Wisp. He decided not to point out that they were going *against* the wind, but that was OK. Then one's mane didn't get blown into one's eyes, and he really wanted to see everything he could of this place.

"The place where I'm from?" He grinned. "Well, its in the Realm and part of the Plains of the Mystical Horses. SunBlind gave the Hills to the Serians to play in, and its quite lovely there. Rolling hills, tall grasses, and lots and lots of flowers. A couple rivers wind between the hills, and streams abound. Here and there there are patches of trees. And sometimes when someone from Arctic Winds has passed through, the grasses glitter in the sunlight until the warmth of the sun melts it."

His voice then took a more somber tone, "Sure beats living in the abandoned stalls at the Festival." The voice in his head reminded him that no one wanted him, that SunBlind had to be moved by pity before anyone chose him. He shooks his head, and imagined the voice bouncing around uncomfortably in there and grinned.

"Now your turn, tell me about your home."

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

A bow of his head voiced his agreement. "Amen," was stated flatly, as if one did not wish to recall such memories. That was his past, he had a better life now.

The stallion paused for a minute, trying to think of words to describe the place he presently called home.

"Empty, mostly. Except for a few dead trees and a cabin on top of a hill. It's nothing much, but it's cozy," Wisp bounded back up beside River, "It doesn't matter, because home is where ever the heart lies, right? I think thats how the saying goes..."

SunBlind
Leader
Leader

Post by SunBlind »

Trying to ignore that voice, he tried trotting cheerfully. River hadn't actually heard that saying before, but replied, "I guess that makes sense. I know my heart wasn't in the stalls, that's for sure. But the Realm is nice, and so is this place. I wonder how far this beach goes, I can't see the end of it."

After a bit the happy trot and the smell of the sea brought up his spirit, wiping out the recurring thoughts of being abandoned and the voice that refused to stop reminding him.

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

Wisp cast him a glance from the corner of his eye, a warm smile spreading across his muzzle. So he was happy, that was good. He returned his attention back in front of them, and gradually began seeing the sand morphing up to a rocky cliff that overlooked the ocean, and he sighed.

It seems this little beach adventure was drawing to a close. Where would they go after? If River even wanted to visit with Wisp any longer.

"Ah, there it is," He sighed, forcing the smile to remain to mask his disappointment.