Sea and Desert [West! Chidory!]

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

"Hmm? Oh, my new home. Yes, I suppose. I mean it's a lovely area, much more than just sand and surf. So is my Circle Home, though that one is mostly this little cove of a thing, a cute little hide-away near the Central Circle - That place we all met at? The area that connects them. At least, that's what Songhue calls it.."

Sign paused here, and for a moment she looked so painfully unsure of herself. It Was a nice little home. But all this change.. She wasn't sure What she thought of all this change, much less of her new bonded. She hung her head with a sigh as the words finally came to her, nose nearly touching the pond.

"It's a lovely area," she repeated, "But it isn't Home. My Heart doesn't feel at home, even as much as I enjoy the land and the company, when it comes."

She picked her head up once again, offering a truly sweet smile as she looked over her shoulder at the stallion. "What's your home like, West? What's it like t-"

What's it like to belong?

Yes, that was her. Ever the fish out of water. Ever shy and timid and never knowing what to say when she was called smart or strong. She most likely would have figured something out, would have found some way, but she didn't think that made her smart, much less strong. It's just what she did. She got through things in spite of herself.

"What's it like to live where you do?"

She was still smiling, still honestly curious, but she was aching now as well. She ached for Touch. For here she was, once again the fish out of water, once again being tolerated. She longed for the one thing Songhue alone had given her; a small touch, a sign that she, Sign, was accepted. It had been slight, unobtrusive, but it had been touch all the same. It made the land Her land, the sea Her sea. It made Songhue Her bonded.

Yet she needed more. She needed something that was clear, something that was obviously intentional. A nuzzle, a hug, a kiss even. Something that let her Heart know it was home. And she couldn't get these things from her bonded, not from Any bonded, nor bond-mates, even. If her heart could find home.. If her heart could be given to someone to look after. And she only had two options, really; she was in a Circle, after all, her spirit had already found a home amongst her Circle-mates. So the task of keeping her whole came down to Crest, or the stallion she gazed at now. And frankly, she found Crest a little frightening, while West.. West she found as soothing as the desert oasis. She'd thought him reserved, quiet, proper, much as Path was; she could see his gentle kindness now, the sweet smile and playful laugh, quite similar Sparkle.

She was of the sea, after all. And every sea needed a sandy beach to complete it. Otherwise it lost what it was and became swamps and marshes. She could only hope that he would accept her.

Chidory
Regular
Regular

Post by Chidory »

ooc/sorry for the delay, family emergencies

West's smile slowly faded as the blue mare spoke. She was so sad. The pain seemed to be etched in her face and her features as she talked about her home and new bonded. She was lost...lost and alone, just like he was. He had to wonder if she found release from those feelings like he did when he ran across the desert letting the wind and sandy spyays play with his mane and tail.

Before she addressed him he was already walking over to her, ever so slowly. Each step he took his heart beat faster and faster. The greenish hues stallion didnt want to scare her away. He didnt want to ruin the connection they seemed to be developing. But she needed someone, and he needed to leave his bubble.

When she looked over her shoulder she would have seen a face just as pained as hers, a body walking walking ever so slowly owards her and a stallion with a loving, caring expression.

Stopping right in front of Sign, their bodys were sl close he could feel the hea radiating from her. Without a word he lowered his head on her neck and pulled her towards him in a hug, their body's at a 90 degree angle.

"I just dont belong with them. The land is beautiful, but I'm just not like them. I've always been alone, always felt alone...until I met you."

He continued his hug, not daring to look up, reading her body language as best he could.

West no longer knew what to say.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

OOC| Oh, dear, I do hope things are alright. <3333 Ring me up if you ever need anything; a talk, a friend, it doesn't matter. I just hope things turn out alright.

BIC| She tensed ever so slightly, surprised, but before a Serian could even put their ears back she had shifted her weight slightly, leaning into the embrace. The utter relief from his touch, from seeing a few mildly startling and painfully familiar things in his face overwhelmed her. She didn't think, didn't question, didn't doubt for once. Perhaps for the first time. Simply swung her neck over his and returned the embrace, shifting so they fully faced each other.

She nearly melted into him, nearly stopped being altogether so lost was she in this feeling of peace and safety. Of belonging. When she finally did return to a state where thought was at all possible she could only maintain the one.

"I've.. Always felt alone... Until I met you."

Finally her answer occurred to her, the truth that explained how easily she melted at such a simple touch. He had always felt alone. She had always felt lost. Until she saw him, saw how sturdy he was. It had mildly frightened her at first, yet the truth was; she no longer felt lost. She felt safe. As if he could and would care for her, now and always.

Now and always?

Keeping back a sigh, she stepped back, playing with his main slightly in affection. Her eyes were a conundrum; shining joy, yet swimming in tears. Why would he want her, after all? He was a circle-mate, a good friend. A fellow heart. That didn't mean he'd want a plain mare such as she.

"You are a good friend, West. I can't tell you what it means to have such a good friend. Especially now."

Tossing her main, Sign looked away for a moment, wondering, considering. Songhue would encourage her, she knew. She had an encouraging nature. A Nurturing nature. Wolfy would have held her hoof and sat with her and talked for hours on end in scattered circles about life and it's complexities. That would have been fun, would have helped her to find the courage she so often lacked. Songhue, however, would simply say it was alright. Nothing more.

"West.. I need more than a friend. It doesn't seem right of me to come out and say it, but I'm in need of and searching for a mate. And.. I had hoped.. West, would you consider me? I-I.. West, I believe I'm falling in love with you."

Everything felt so right with him. Reserved and proper, he was her keeper, one she could easily obey and follow and trust. Friendly, playful, her companion. When he was tender, when he had looked at her that way, had touched her.. It felt as if they could take comfort in each other, in all the other had to give.

She was never so forward, never so blunt. She couldn't meet his gaze after she asked, could feel the heat from her blush battling with the heat of the desert sun. She should be, and honestly was quite ashamed for putting him in such a position. But she had to know. She was already giving her heart to him, and not by any choice of her own. It had simply.. Happened. Sure, she had hoped, but she knew that no one could force this feeling of rightness. This feeling that she could be and was safe with him.

He had said and done everything she'd needed. Had let her be strong enough when she needed to be, had let her lean on him when she needed that. Had spoken such sweet words, things she thought only she had felt.

"I've.. Always felt alone... Until I met you."

I've always felt lost, West. So lost. Until you. Now.. I am home. Will you let me in, shamed as I am? Will you let me come home?

Chidory
Regular
Regular

Post by Chidory »

Let me be the one who calls you baby
All the time
Surely you can take some comfort
Knowing that you're mine

Her muscles tensed. When that happened the green stallion feared for the worse. Would she run away from him? Scorn him for the touch he gave her? So many thoughts ran through his head at that moment. How could he fix thing?

But then she hugged him in return and all thought was lost. In those few moments of silence he listened to her breath, the beating of her heart and sweet smell of the sea that came off her blue coat. He couldnt stop the sigh of content that escaped his lips.

Just hold me tight, lay by my side
and let me be the one who calls you
Baby all the time

When he lefted his head he gazed at her calmly with his fuscia eyes. The tears that leaked from her face touched his soul as he wish he could touch her again. Everything was becoming clear to him now. He had only to show her how he felt.

Her purple eyes were beautiful, they held so much love and compassion and with each word she spoke he became more breathless. He felt so right...so happy, like nothing in the world would ever be able to hurt him. For once he felt like he belonged.

"searching for a mate...consider me? I'm falling in love with you..." ,he listened to her words and was about to burst with joy.

I found my place in the world
Could stare at your face for the rest of
my days

He wanted to spend the rest of his life with her. Protecting her and forting the blue mare she cared for so much. He wanted to be with her forever and help her in any way he could. In that very moment he felt as though she was the only individual in the world who would ever truly be able to understand him, and accept him for who he was.

Let me be the one who never leaves
You all alone
I hold my breath and lose the feeling
That I'm on my own

When she had stopped speaking West gently placed his lips next to her ear.

"Sign...I have loved you since the moment I first met you. It would do me great honour to have you as my mate, too look after and care for...for the rest of my days...if you so choose to take me..."

When he completed his sentence he lowered his head and kissed her gently on the cheek.

"I love you Sign"

All the time

All the time

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

She should burst from blushing. Any moment now the rush of blood into her cheeks, into the cheek he had kissed, would prove too much and she would simply burst. Surly she would, for that's how these dreams always ended; suddenly and without warning.

Alone together. That was what she thought as he spoke his words. That they were each alone, each forced to retreat into themselves through some force they couldn't understand. And that while that would never change, they wouldn't be alone anymore either. They would retreat into each other. They would be together. For the rest of their days..

"It would do me great honor to have you as my mate.."

She didn't know about honor but she did know of a few other things he would receive. Loyalty, support, love bordering on adoration at times.. She would do all she could for him. She would have even if he'd denied her. They had only just met, yet she saw, had nearly seen it from the start, that he had the tender strength she needed so badly. She had seen his patience with his friend, had watched him hang back as Path did, had noted his uncertainty when interacting with the others. And yet he had all the same, with no one to lean on. She would never be so strong.

He would never have to stand alone again. Not if she had any say in the matter.

"West.. I love you enough to fight for you, compromise for you, and sacrifice myself for you if need be. Enough to miss you incredibly when we're apart, no matter what length of time it's for and regardless of the distance. Enough to believe in our relationship, to stand buy it through the worst of times, to have faith in our strength as a couple, and to never give up on us. Enough to spend the rest of my life with you, be there for you when you need or want me, and never, ever want to leave you or live without you. I love you this much.

Can you be my only? Can you be my protector, my lover, my friend? That's what I need, West. I love you and if I would have any for a mate I wish it to be you. Just.. Please.. Tell me my heart is safe."

She finally looked at him, finally met his beautiful desert blossom eyes. Her own were half lidded, her breath shallow and subtle as she stepped forward, the slight coloring on her cheeks highlighting the soft flow of her jaw, the way her tears had given her eyes a soft shine. Her forelock fell across her face, a few tendrils dancing across her eyelashes as she lowered her head. Her powerful legs easily maneuvered through the water, bringing her closer, her eyes ever on his as she gazed up at him in a manner that was half submission and half need, a manner that was highly seductive.

Her muzzle stopped a mere breath from his, know that she and her heart rested at the mercy of his answer. She needed him; could give him what he needed as well, most likely. She could understand, could let him know that he did belong, at least with her. She'd read that much in his face as he moved to embrace her. But she needed all of him and desperately needed to know if he could give that much.

She blinked, eyelashes batting against her forelock. Her lips nearly touched his when she spoke, nothing more than a drop of water able to fit between them.

"Please, West," she breathed.

She didn't burst. And the dream didn't end.
Last edited by Songhue on Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

OOC| Is everything alright, Chidory?