A River Flows Through It

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

SunBlind
Leader
Leader

Post by SunBlind »

Whoa, River thought, was that just a coincidence or did the end of the beach appear simply because he asked about it. After, who knew about things like that in a place like this. But he didn't voice his thoughts, he figured Wisp would laugh at him.

The pair of them slowed as they approached the rocky barrier. River stared up, and up and up and said aloud, "Wings would come in handy right now, but I don't think we can climb that..."

He watched as the waves crashed at the foot of the cliff, "But we could try swimming around it!" Perhaps it was his naive exuberance and his desire to keep his mind off of things, but he seemed to have completely forgotten that Wisp wasn't exactly as closely in tune with water as he was, and that those waves could dash a Serian against the sharpened stones with deadly force. Even a good swimmer such as himself would have his work cut out for him.

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

Wisp gave a nervous laugh, which was awkwardly unlike him, and shook his head.

"I'm sorry to disappoint, but I'm not that strong of a swimmer...," With a flick of his almost goat-like tail, he glanced around casually with sandy gold eyes, trying to find an alternative.

He grinned and stomped after a moment, finally coming to a sensible conclusion, "We could probably back track a little bit, then go around... It means more walking, but then we don't have to worry about being sliced 'n' diced on those rocks."

SunBlind
Leader
Leader

Post by SunBlind »

River was obviously disappointed about not being able to go for a swim, but he knew that not all Serians were as aquatically proficients as he was.

"Wait a moment!" the blue stallion said. He spun on his hindquarters and charged towards the ocean. He stood there a moment, about knee deep, until one particularly large wave nearly bowled him over, then came racing back.

"Ok, I'm good now," he said, the goofiest grin one ever did see plastered to his face.

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

A soft laugh escaped Wisp, before he trotted briskly down the beach a little ways. He paused and glanced back to his friend, the same goofy grin reflecting on his own muzzle.

"Are you sure about that?" With a frisky toss of his head, he struck the sand impatiently with a hoof, "Hurry up, slow poke," He teased, snaking his head toward River playfully.

SunBlind
Leader
Leader

Post by SunBlind »

"Slow poke? I'll show you who's slow!"

And with that challenge River surged forward and past Wisp, his grin not fading for a moment.

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Re: A River Flows Through It

Post by Rainer »

Wisp quickly pivoted on his haunches and lunged forward, launching himself after his friend. A hearty laugh escaped him, his hooves thundering across the ground as he gradually began to catch up to the other stallion.

"Hey! Cheater!" He grinned, kicking into another gear. His little legs began to eat the ground beneath him, but he still couldn't catch up as quickly as he would have liked. Oh well.