Push Me Under [Hinote...Again]

For Serian couples and more intimate RPing.
Willows surround a shaded vale, sheltering all within.
Rainer
Elder
Elder

Re: Push Me Under [Hinote...Again]

Post by Rainer »

It would have changed the world for her.

But things can't be changed now, the clock can't be turned back to a time when she probably would have tried to push his face into the dirt by now, yet by god, somewhere deep inside, she was itching to try. She pushed her thoughts aside for the moment and began staring at the dirt before her, remaining silent for a few moments before lifting her head.

"I don't think I've ever heard you say sorry before. Ever. Especially when you've done nothing wrong..." More thinking, but she decided those to herself. Perhaps something else would bring ease into the atmosphere, although she doubted anything could after this.

"I suppose... I just haven't heard that word in a while... Sorry. I'm sorry for all this, to have to burden you with having to see this. You have enough on your plate without my petty problems... I'm sorry."

Saphire winced, immediatly regretting her words. That wouldn't ease anything.

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Post by Silverdust »

He snorted at her words, not necessarily in scorn at her but disgust at what had happened to her. Whoever had did this had done their job well - to think firebrand could be turned into someone so submissive, so self-degrading...

"I'm not the one broken, Saphire, I'm not the one who's lost," he looked at her, eyes sharp. "Don't tell me what happened to you, they way you are now, is nothing. Don't tell me you're nothing and I haven't done anything wrong. Just looking at the way things are, it's all too clear. I left you when I should've taken you home, should've tried to talk to you, but I was too eager to run, to get away from my problems. I can't change it, but I'm not going to ignore it either."

He sighed then, stopped himself. It sounded all too much like he was lecturing her, the same way Brittle used to do with him. Too harsh, for the way she was now. He closed his eyes, tired of it all, tired of how nothing seemed to change for the better.

"I wanted to stay...you know, away," he said, quietly. "But I came back, and one of the reasons was to see if you were still alright. Guess it wasn't quick enough. And that's why I'm sorry."

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

A step was taken toward him, his words touching to a point where she just wanted to be close to him. To feel the warmth leaking from his skin, but she seemed to change her mind, backing away once again. He didn't want comfort, and she was probably the last person he would want it from.

"Please don't be..." Her head drooped low, her nose skimming the ground before her hooves, "I don't want you to feel like this is your fault. In a way, I did it to myself... You shouldn't have to be sorry for the mistakes that I've made, the paths that I've chosen. They were mine alone, and now they are mine alone to carry."

There was a slight pause, her head remaining down and now her eyes were clenched tightly shut, as if trying to block everything else out, "You don't have to stay if you don't wish to be here. I can always try to find a way to fix this..."

She stayed like that after she had spoken, in case he did decide to leave. She didn't want to watch someone else turn their back to her again.

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Post by Silverdust »

He felt her draw close, then shy away again. For a moment he wished he could be as tender as Avalir, to reach out to her and comfort her with touch and warmth. But that was not in him; he was raised alone, then raised with warriors, and the only contact he had ever had was laced with pain. She needed no more of that.

She was expecting him to leave. He didn't. Tentatively he nudged her shoulder, a fleeting contact to show he was still there.

"The last thing you need is for me to leave," he said. "But you're right when you say you have to find a way to fix this. Doesn't mean you have to go at it alone. Unless you're sure that's what you need."

He shrugged, and a stray thought crossed his mind, a flicker of anger. "Where...is your father?"

Shouldn't he be here? Shouldn't he care? Or was the rift between them really that deep...

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

The ghost of a smile whisked across her lips when he stayed, lifting her head slowly so her muzzle was inches from his own. This was the only movement she made to show her appreciation. She did not touch him, after knowing the little she did about him, she knew physical contact wasn't one of his favourite things.

"No, not alone... And my father..." She grew awkwardly quiet, turning away to stare down at the lake. The sun was drawing further and further into the ground, the swirling colours from the sun set slowly becoming overcome by the dominant deep blue of the water. The light around them was growing dimmer as the minutes ticked by, and she figured he would be leaving for the night soon. Then she would left alone here, basking in the soft chirping of crickets and the crisp night air till the sun decided to grace her presence for another day.

"He's disappointed... Blames himself for this whole thing... I guess he's trying to give me space now, to try and make up for lost time," Making up for lost time... She glanced back at him with a worn expression, making her look years older then she really was.

"I just wish everything was back to normal, we could go back to snapping at each other, and others didn't look at me and talk with sympathy coming from each and every word," She gradually grew angry as she spoke, bitterness slipping from her lips like venom. A frustrated stomp was given as she continued to glare at the ground, light blue ears pinned tightly back to be buried in the top of her mane.

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Post by Silverdust »

He felt the heat from her muzzle brush against his own, and really, that was all he needed. Who would go after contact if a touch, ever since he could remember, always brought pain? Instead, he listened to her, listened to the way she talked, the silences and the words.

Her father...he couldn't really judge if what the stallion was doing was right or wrong. No parents, after all, and Brittle and Id were far from the father type. He could understand, though, the distance between them; he himself had almost been afraid of coming near Saphire, seeing her like this. He supposed her father felt the wound much deeper.

He smirked as the anger picked up in her words. There was a glimpse of the firebrand, much older, but there nonetheless. So she was still there, inside, maybe she just needed time, needed space. He chuckled, softly.

"Then act like you are now, talk like you are now," he flicked his tail, lightly, driving away the few early fireflies. "They'll see then that you're still who you once were, that you don't need their pity because whoever damaged you, they didn't break you completely."

He gave her a sideways glance, almost testing. "Would you let that happen to yourself?"