Masquerade of a Demon

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Tigress
Mod
Mod

Re: Masquerade of a Demon

Post by Tigress »

She blinked twice, but other than that, gave no indication that she'd heard anything he'd said. She couldn't imagine anyone getting lost and aiming to end up in a graveyard, but as far as landmarks go, she supposed it was a good one to aim for. They tended to be right on the edge of civilization, so if one were lost it would seem like a good idea. She wondered idly what that meeting had been like, between this stranger and the lost one. Probably a lot like this but without her input to keep his ego in check. Not many pretty little mares could stand stallions talking down to them, it should have been hurtful. Except it didn't matter to Locket, except to justify her actions. She tried only to hurt those who deserved it, a counter-lesson to their cruelty by indulging in her own.

He asked her again what she was doing in the graveyard, though with a bit of different wording, and she narrowed her eyes suspiciously. Apparently he hadn't taken her response seriously, or he was trying very hard to pry at her personal feelings, something which just wouldn't work. "As I said, I'm here for the atmosphere. It is quiet and cool." She leaned against the grave marker, mane falling down the decaying stone like it was bleeding roses. Her eyes closed for a minute though one slitted pink orb watched the stallion as he stood closer to her now. If he threatened her with violence, she would retaliate, but until then she would use words to be her weapon.

"Persistent. Am I the only mare you can get to pay you any attention? How embarassing. To think, I speak to you for my personal amusement." She sneered at him, tossing her tail haughtily into the night air. Perhaps she could invite him into violence with her words, force him to make the first move. Wouldn't that be funny? Though he was fairly large, and he had horns just as she did, so they were more evenly matched than most others she came across. Physically. She still had yet to believe they were kindred spirits, he didn't know how bad she could truly get. Though the reverse was true, she still firmly beleived her horror stories would outdo his.

Kyra
Elder
Elder

Post by Kyra »

(((Wow, you are really good at roleplaying. I love how I can picture exactly what is happening.^^))

He nodded, he some what could understand that, but truth his favorite atmosphere was high above the clouds. Silent, cool, clear. Dart watched her, there was something about her… Well… That attitude… ‘Wow, like Amber much are we? Never letting the protective guard down. Do we also have a body guard or guards?’ he thought of the black mare he group of playful serians.

Dart chuckled, “Nope not at all. Other mares talk to me.” He had sly look in his eyes, “Many just can’t stand me.” This was defiantly new to him, someone talking to someone else for amusement. He knew from all the answers that she had given him this far that she took her time and only told what was need, ‘What are you hiding?’ “What about you? Am I the only one you talk to?”
I need a new image holder...lol

Tigress
Mod
Mod

Post by Tigress »

He seemed to be focussed on her a lot more than she'd expected, trying to read her actions and words as she had his. It was too eerie, how he seemed to mimic her attitude back onto her, and it made her stiffen a moment before snorting in mocking disbelief at his words. "Oh really? I wonder why..." She laughed again at this, knowing full well that he could just as easily mock her for her attitude and lack of any stallions following her around, but she chose that. Often times her attitude was designed to dissuade the attentions of the opposite gender. There were reasons for that.

"Oh no, not by a long shot. Though it all ends the same, generally. I talk to those who force me to, and I make it clear it is their mistake. I do not crave the attentions of others, that is for hotheaded stallions and bubbleheaded mares." She jutted her lip out in disgust and shook her head, freeing her mane from the cracked crevices of the stone behind her, for the most part. What remained was a rather girlish looking spiderweb made of stray hair.

It was strange how he said that many mares couldn't stand him and yet he continued to talk to her. What gave him the impression that she could stand him? She had been being rather blunt thus far, but perhaps not enough. Maybe she was loosing her touch? No, surely not.

((Thanks so much! I'm glad you enjoy it :) You're quite good too.))

Kyra
Elder
Elder

Post by Kyra »

He smiled when she chuckled, “Yes, I know. I’m not to sure either, why they can’t stand me,” he said in a fake confused voice. “Maybe they can’t stand the fact that I am way to bright. With my ruby red, bright sky blue and blinding white,” he tossed his had again, he was sure enjoying this. “When you mean hottheads, you won’t be referring to anyone you know, are you?” He might guess she may classify him as one since a few others he knew did.

Dart lowered his head a bit, looking a bit hurt by her comment, which was such a lie. He wanted to see her reaction, “Well now I see. The little mare loves to play those games.” ‘You’re sure an interesting mare. Defiantly, not many played the game, well not many he had met.’ “What does a mare like you do when she meets Hottheads and Bubbly mares?” He said looking at her with now a challenging look, inviting her to make a move, since he knew that we was not about to make the first move. His ruby eyes were glued to her form, taking in all her actions, searching for any hidden signs or secrets.

Tigress
Mod
Mod

Post by Tigress »

She slitted her eyes slightly as she studied him, her smile working slowly upwards until teeth were shown. Putting on a sugary-sweet voice, she batted her eyelashes and responded to his question. "Oh of course I am, otherwise I wouldn't have wasted my breath. And as it is only you and me here, I think it's safe for me to say it's quite obvious I meant you." Blunt, sharp, right to the point. A stallion could admire a mare like her, if she ever gave them a chance. But that would be rediculous and most unlikely.

"Games? What games? I am always most serious. Some people don't seem to enjoy that. Perhaps some people are reluctant to see the bad things about themselves, of which there are often many." Her grin slipped down into a simple, unreadable smile which could have meant any number of things. When he spoke again, her eyes both darkened and seemed to glow with some inner fire at the thought of what he presented.

"As I said, talk is cheap, do not test me stallion. I don't think you will relish the outcome." She gave nothing away in her posture, her hooves were already situated strategically beneath her so that if she had to, she could just push up and move at a moment's notice. She never made the mistake of thinking she was safe, that she could simply relax, there were too many enemies in the world that she'd made to be so naive. And that was the most exciting part.

Kyra
Elder
Elder

Post by Kyra »

Dart smiled at her reply, he had never met a mare, or anyone like her before. She got straight to the point, no annoying riddles or beating around the bush. She also seemed to have her own goal that she was trying to accomplish with this encounter, which he was not sure what it was just yet.

He grinned again and tossed his mane, “Testing you? What ever do you mean?” He now had a completely confused look on his face, which again was all part of his game. “When you mean testing, do you mean like a test of knowledge which humans take a lot? Or like a physical test? Dart eyes danced up and down the mare, talking in the her colors, posture and eye movement. “Or are you trying to test me?”

The stallion raised his head and stood tall; he was not by any means, for once, trying to look all strong and mighty. He was just adapting to the playing field he found himself in and he could sense that just maybe being ready to spring, and dance around may not be such a bad idea. He was sure on one thing though, this mare was defiantly an interesting creature, and that he was playing in her home and with her rules.