Mixed Up Matchings [Open]

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Re: Mixed Up Matchings [Open]

Post by Songhue »

Tossing his main, he trotted around to see where she indicated, his eyes tracing the lands thoughtfully.

"The butterfly field isn't near there, but there is a rainbow canyon. And don't worry, it's no bother at all. I could use the distraction, to be honest, and it's nice to show someone around when they're lost. It's like being a tourist."

He tossed his main again, snorting mildly in the general direction of a gopher that had poked her head up to see what the noise was about. Typically he would have let out a shrill nicker and pounced the poor critter, but not this time. He still knew how to play, how to have fun, but.. He simply wasn't overflowing with energy and being silly.

"I know a good game for that area, too. I think I invented a game for just about every part of these lands, to be honest. It's just kind of what I did."

He smiled slightly here, eyes glazing for a moment as one's will when fondly recalling a childhood memory. He's spent nearly his entire life running over those hills and through these woods, always finding new ways to have fun and let out some of that overflow of energy.

"So, Whirl, you feel like getting lost together?"

Celeste
Regular
Regular

Post by Celeste »

She almost reared in excitement but was able to contain herself to a squiggle. She was acting like a happy, agitated puppy. This was turning out to be a promising evening, already more interesting than the rest of the day had been at all.

“Oh, but that’s even better!” Whirl exclaimed with a smile. “I’ve never seen something like that…what is it, exactly?” She added somewhat bashfully. “I mean, are there crystals in it or…” She trailed off and wrinkled her nose in thought. “Obviously I need a tour guide.”

The gopher grabbed her attention immediately and she pranced over, giving off a little whinny as it ducked back in its hole. She bent her neck and investigated for a moment before trotting back, glancing at Sparkle somewhat anxiously. “They don’t seem to like me very much,” she said mournfully. She kept tripping in their burrows.

Now he was speaking her language. “I’d love to play it then, once we get there.” Energy was always pulsing through her: it bubbled in her blood until she could hardly stand it. Even after her run she was still flexing her muscles and twitching her hair. Was it her nerves? Or was it just her nature? Whirl never thought too deeply about it. “If you don’t mind?” She remembered to ask. If worse came to worse she could always sprint recklessly up and down the canyon trails.

“Ha! Of course,” she laughed, now dancing her place. “Just lead the way.”

ooc: You know, I just realized this took place at dusk, not dawn. So...sorry if some of my previous posts didn't make too much sense. xD It's been a long day.

Talia
Elder
Elder

Post by Talia »

ImageImage

Down a bit from Sparkle and Whirl's current location a stallion and a mare came trotting into sight. The stallion stood apart from the mare by a few paces at best- anyone who knew him well would have been able to identify him easily at a distance as a result of his surefooted canter, the graceful elegant arch of his neck and his aristocratic stance. Following closely behind was a small mare, not as confident as her companion. When he paused at the river's edge she stopped short, approaching him tentatively as if she were unsure of her companion's nature or his reaction to her presence, regardless of the fact that they had obviously been traveling together for quite some time.

Vision turned to the mare and nuzzled her in reassurance, the action more familial than it was affectionate. Not that he didn't have affection for the little mare, but it was more sisterly affection than mate-like. A small smile spread across his muzzle, and she returned it shyly as she came to stand next to her bond-brother.

Nymph nodded slightly towards the river bed- not that Vision could see the action, but it was instinctually done.

Water is about 5 paces ahead, she said softly, her voice a mere whisper. Vision nodded in return. He, unlike most of his bond brothers and sisters, was able to easily understand people speaking at a lower decibel level. The meaning of the word "quiet" however was lost on his brothers and sisters.

Thank you sister. I thought I smelled it on the breeze... He lowered his muzzle to drink but paused midway, his nostrils flaring slightly as he picked up on a smell that drifted downwind. He may not have sight on his side, but luckily for him his sense of hearing and smell were heightened as a result. Tell me Nymph, can you see other Serians downstream? I can smell someone, but I believe they're unfamiliar to me...

Nymph flitted her wings anxiously in response and strained to see downriver. After a few moments, she stepped closer to Vision's side and tossed her mane nervously, causing a thin veil of ebony hair to fall across her bright turquoise eyes.

There are one, maybe two, a bit further down the river Vision... must we go? she asked, sounding quite similar to a frightened filly at that particular moment. Vision sighed in response, and without actually answering her he delivered a gentle nudge to her shoulder, encouraging her to move forward in the other Serians general direction.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Sparkle smiled slightly at Whirl, recognizing himself. Simple, happy, almost foal-like in how bubbly she was.. He had never been complicated like his bondmates.

"They're simply shy, is all. You're rather large compared to them. And there are crystals, yes, but there's also a twin waterfall; it's actually what feeds this stream. They always have rainbows, no matter what the lighting. It's very pretty, now that I think of it."

Not that he had ever been able to sit still long enough to really notice.

"Oh, hello. I.. Uh, well, you'll have to forgive me. I have no idea how to greet someone.. Not anymore. I'm Sparkle, in any case. Would you like to walk with us to the rainbow canyon?"

What was Wrong with him? How could he have not delt with this sooner? He had no idea how to live now, no idea what to do now that his normal fall back of 'wanna play' had left his tongue.

Sparkle was getting to be mildly freaked out by this. It had all come crashing in on one night.. He didn't realize it, but was, finally, growing up.

Celeste
Regular
Regular

Post by Celeste »

She had always been naïve to the ways the world worked. It wasn’t all innocence – though in her short life she hadn’t experienced much – but genuine traits of her nature. She was optimistic and nearly always happy. It couldn’t last for long, her child-like beliefs were just begging to be broken, but for now she was content with taking in the wonders of the universe. If she could slow down enough to notice, that is.

Whirl nodded and looked over to the forest again; she was raring to go now. Waterfalls and crystals and canyon air – if she had known the way there she probably would have already darted off to investigate.

And then, out of the blue, two other Serians appeared; they were much closer than she liked. One new friend was enough for the evening, thank you very much. She could sense herself growing antsy and flustered, not to mention she could practically feel her tongue getting tied in her mouth. She wasn’t used to making conversation for so long…

But Sparkle didn’t seem too worried and so she only took a few steps back, in order to take in the newcomers. There was a stallion - he held himself like royalty, but what was that wrapped around his face? To keep herself from staring she looked instead at the mare [green like her!], who appeared as nervous as Whirl herself felt. Empathy flooded through her – at least she wasn’t the only one uncomfortable with strangers – and she rallied herself and smiled brightly.

“It’d be lovely if you could come! It seems this place attracts people, this is the largest group I’ve been around…I’m new, you see. Oh, I almost forgot: I’m Whirl. It’s a nice to meet you both,” she remembered to add, looking somewhat anxiously at the others.

Kyra
Elder
Elder

Post by Kyra »

The black mare ran through the forest, her blue mane and tail flowing out behind like a banner. Her head was eye and her eyes shown like stars in the night sky. She felt great, the night breeze gently rolling over her, as she did what she loved, running. She glanced back over her shoulder, "You coming Silverflash!" she said in a mocking voice. What better thing to do than be galloping for sure joy with a bond-mate. She whinnied and burst into a new gear, dodging trees as if they weren't there at all.

The silver mare tossed her silver crown playfully, "Yes, I am! You just need to slow down, Miss Speed Demon!" She said in a mocking tone. She stretched her neck out and lengthened her stride to poor on more speed. Her coat soon becoming soaked in sweat and looking a smoky or almost black in color as she ate up the earth to catch her friend.

Amber was now as black as she could get from running and sweating. "Ok, ok." She said laughing and slowed a little bit. She glanced back again and smiled as her friend was coming up her left flank. She turned back to just in time see and prepare herself, there was a huge set of thrown bushes up ahead. She slowed her gait again and then used her hind legs to launch her body into the air. She cleared them be several feet and landed smoothly galloping a couple stride before slowing to a trot and circling back. "Heads up! Bushes ahead!" she yelled with worry in her voice, she hoped her bond-sister would be able to make the jump with such short notice.

The silver mare rolled her eyes playfully at the black mare's response. "Do you call that slowing..." she didn't have a chance to finish as she watched her friend jump over the bushes that loomed a head. She had no time to slow down, she heard Amber's warning but it was too late. She nickered nervously as she launched herself into the air, she sighed a relief, she cleared it. Though not the hard part, the landing. She came down on her right front leg and managed one full stride before tripping from jumping with too much speed. Silverflash's right leg slide forward and she fell onto her side. She lay there stunned, bewildered and out of breath. Her sides were heaving as she tried to get air back into her longs.

Amber watched in horror as her bond-sister cleared the jump but did not manage to keep the landing. She burst into a gallop and stopped her side the silver mare. She lowered her head and nuzzled the mare's face. "Are you ok?" she asked worry written over her entire body and unmistakable in her voice. She nickered quietly to her

Silverflash nodded, unable to answer. She nickered weakly back, still in a daze from the sudden ground impact. Her breathing ever so slightly slowing down.
I need a new image holder...lol