Gathering Around the Bonfire

For non-Serian roleplaying (Persona RP and Fanfiction)
The mists around the mountains clear to reveal in their center a ring of stones, an easy landmark for travelers to gather.

Moderator: Tigress

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Re: Gathering Around the Bonfire

Post by Vineda »

The sight of the fae playing with fire was both mesmerizingly beautiful and hauntingly scary. It had made her halt to watch and left her a in awe. Shaking herself to clear the trance, she continued forward and realized she recognized the figure, though she had not seen her in this form for very long. She would probably be a bit more familiar as an owl or a squirrel.

“We meet again, dear Songhue. I did not intend to linger in darkness, but I was caught off guard at the sight of you dancing your flames. Do you mind if I join you? I should like to finally meet some others of this land, for surely your beacon will bring them as it has brought me. Besides, I come bearing food.” She held up her bag and stopped a short distance from the fae.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

"Come, come, please, and what treats do you bear?"

She smiled slightly, eyes warming as Vineda stepped forward from the shadows. This was one she could understand, at the very least.

"'Twould be an honor to know one such as yourself, I am sure, just as it honors me to know all others in these lands. But sweet night has fallen, affording a beacon that they may come as well."

She smoothed her dress a little self-consciously, trying her best to offer a welcoming smile. Songhue was only just now strong enough to have ventured to this area, after all; she was nervous.

"Come, sit upon the tender grasses, that we might speak of such things as would please ye. What have you a wish to know?"

Kyra
Elder
Elder

Post by Kyra »

After a little while she came in view of the red Lilly, and could make out two figures. One she immediately recognized as Songhue and the other she had briefly seen before. She came up to the edge of the forest and stepped out of it's depths. She smiled at her friend, "Hello, Songhue!" She then turned her attention to the other girl, she could not think of a name if she had heard, which she believed she hadn't. She walked over to the two and stopped in front of them, "Hello, I am Kyra. I do believe I have seen you but we never got introduced," she said looking at the other girl.
I need a new image holder...lol

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

Vineda’s face broke into a smile, and she came nearer. Picking a spot, she plunked down and opened her bag. “I’ve got something for just about any taste, miss. Tell me, what manner of foodstuffs strikes your fancy?” She began pulling from her bag bowl after bowl, roughly made and full of food. Waving a hand absently to clear away the bubble sealing the tops of each one, she set them out for the taking. One bowl had been piled with sticks that had speared bits of meat and vegetables, another bowl was leaden with a couple different kinds of cheese, others were full of fruits and berries, nuts, roots, more vegetables, some cooked fish and even bread.

As she was unloading her bag, another entered the fire’s circle of light. Beautiful magenta hair framed a delicate face, one she vaguely remembered. She looked up as the girl came to a stop before her, giving her a shy smile. “Hello! I am Vineda. A pleasure to make your acquaintance, Kyra. Please join us, for I have brought a small feast with me and can have no greater delight than to share it with you.” She waved a hand to her little buffet set to one side. “Please help yourself.”

Removing a last bowl from her bag, she said “Whether this treat is known here or not I have yet to learn, but it was one of my favorites where I come from.” Un-bubbling the bowl revealed squares of dark chocolate and graham cracker and balls of marshmallow. “We shall have to find our own sticks, but I daresay it shall do quite nicely,” she said in an approving manner as she looked over her spread.

She sat back with a satisfied sigh, glad to be here at last. Nearly glowing with excitement, she beamed at her two companions. Looking around at her surroundings she saw the stars burning brightly overheard and the fire snapping merrily, and the sounds of the wild land around them echoed in the background.

Turning to Songhue and Kyra, she grinned. “I thank ye kindly Songhue, for sharing thine clearing and fire. Traveler I may be, but ‘twas a long trek. What brings you two here on this night?” Idly she picked up an orange, cutting a small circle around the top with her knife and pulling pieces out.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Songhue smiled in greeting as Kyra stepped forth, her expression openly glad. With nary a pause she started handing things out, offering fish to Kyra as she herself took fancy to the berries, nuts and fruit scattered before her.

"Upon this night, my friend, I have come that I could talk, reflect, and live once again. What brings one such as yourself, and with this strange food?"

She motioned slightly, looking at the dark brown mass that seemed to please the girl beside her. In all her many years she had never once seen something such as that.. Yet, she had not been very social once her travels started, either. It was nice to settle in and learn these new things.

"Kyra may know such a delicacy, however, come to think of it. She is a bit more knowledgeable than myself."

She smiled here, giving the other a warm look as she nibbled on the fruit and other treats. It was a good thing, sitting with friend beside the bonfire... It was a good thing indeed.

Keira
Elder
Elder

Post by Keira »

Keira moved still silently closer. There were a few gathered here. As she moved closer she was starting to identify the little group. As she realized who they were she began to relax, but still stuck to that shadows. Songhue was here, as well as Kyra and a girl she hadnt been introduced to yet. As she came silently to the edge of the light, still in the dark, she wondered if this was a private party. Maybe it was a good thing that she had gone unnoticed. She would wait and see if it seemed private before she tried to announce herself.