Cold Toes

For non-Serian roleplaying (Persona RP and Fanfiction)
The mists around the mountains clear to reveal in their center a ring of stones, an easy landmark for travelers to gather.

Moderator: Tigress

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Re: Cold Toes

Post by Vineda »

All at once, everyone began trying to disappear! Vineda banked a hard turn, spinning around and catching sight of a glimmer of sun from the bright sunmare. Coming out of her turn, her body grew in a flicker to the form of a small gryphon and she plummeted ahead at full speed. Unaware of Path's little stowaway, she stretched broad wings and began to stalk the mare.

Taking note of her friends' positions, she saw Shadowflame become a horse and a glint of twilight-purple that was Sparkle back in the direction she had come from.

Everyone would be keeping one eye on her, she knew. Trying not to make it too difficult on them, she kept her large form rather than switching to a smaller more managable shape. She did shrink her form slightly as she approached the bushes, swerving around them carefully with her wings but making the effort to stay fairly low. A squirrel zipped out of sight as she passed; it clearly did not appreciate the commotion!

Now where did that mare disappear to? A giggle escaped her as she realized this was to be the hardest game of tag she'd ever played! Shifting through the bushes, she drifted closer to the direction Shadow Flame had taken. Perhaps he would not know she was in here... And where did Songhue get to?!

At a slight rustle from a bush to her right, she dove, only to find herself face to face with a raccoon that was none too happy to see an oversized cat with wings. Backpedalling furiously, Vineda retreated. Taking a deep breath, she calmed and listened for any sign of others... besides the raccoon. Perhaps this game would develop a bit of hide and seek to it as well as tag...
And I don't know how To slow it down Oh, my mind's racing From chasing pirates.

Krinlith
Leader
Leader

Post by Krinlith »

Changing directions as he looked behind him, Shadow Flame decided to shift into a form that was more discreet; Something smaller and just as quick. Shifting his form, his hooves became paws, his fur grew longer and shifted colors to a coal grey, almost black. Now in his wolven form, he darted around some trees, ignoring the urge to mark them that was so strong at this time of year.
Shadow Flame glanced behind him quickly, deciding to rest for a moment. He shifted yet again to a long, grey furred tom cat, climbing into a tree and resting on one of the branches. His eyes were darting around, ever watchful. He could already tell that this was to be a fun game of tag.
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
-Groucho Marx

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Well he couldn't very well keep an eye on the one that was 'It' if he couldn't see them. Grinning absently, Sparkle trotted lightly around the area he had last seen Vineda as Path passed in the other direction. He could feel Songhue's mind nearby, linked as they were through bonding, yet couldn't see her anywhere.

That was nothing new, of course.

Snuffing the ground in search of the 'predator' in this game, catching a strange scent that seemed to have mingled with that of the feline he had met not long ago. Feathers and fur mixed with her unique oder, an odd combination if ever there was one.

Confused, Sparkle lifted his head and looked around, very nearly stepping on a stray and rather angry raccoon. He snorted in surprise and reared, quickly backing up as the furious little creature shot back up its tree.

"Heheh.. Whoops."

Path laughed at the sight, nickering a greeting as she recognized the house cat tail that twitched from a tree branch. She recognized the way the creature held himself; that and only the strange Shadow Flame had held those midnight blue-black eyes. Never had she seen a gaze quite like that before.

"How fairs thee, Songhue? Does your leg retain the grip?"

"Ye have too much worry in your mind, dear heart. Watch for our friend; I shall hold fast, have no doubt of that."

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

A snort in the distance caught her attention. Oh, the others were being very careful… until they began talking. Her sensitive ears picked up the voices shortly ahead and she shifted quickly to the shape of a hummingbird. She peered through bushes before sneaking out of them, always looking for the others before emerging from her hiding places.

When she found them, Vineda was not sure whether to go for the sunmare or the twilight stallion or the tom cat. She had almost passed them by, too far to one side. She was closest to Sparkle, who seemed a little on edge. Angling herself carefully and judging the distance between them, Vineda rocketed out of the bushes straight at the grey cat.

Krinlith
Leader
Leader

Post by Krinlith »

A sudden rustling in the bushes made Shadow Flame's ears perk. All of a sudden he saw a small rocket of a hummingbird shooting straight at him. Leaping out of the tree, he shifted forms once more into a wolf, and took off running, a barking laugh escaping his throat.

"That was a good try, Vineda! You nearly got me." he called back, weaving around some trees, and remarking to himself at how much fun he was having. It had been a good while since he'd had such good company. He had lucked out in running into Vineda, he thought, as he dove into a bush and shifted into a raccoon.
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
-Groucho Marx

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

Darnit! If he hadn't jumped down to shift, Vineda totally would've had him! She watched as he ran full tilt into the surrounding shrubbery, and at a second thought she called after the wolf's retreating form, "Just making sure you knew what you were getting into!" Wings beat furiously to keep her hovering over the branch previously occupied by Shadow Flame. A tiny wry chuckle escaped her beak, and she turned back toward the others with a huff while half wondering if they'd still be there or already disappeared.
Last edited by Vineda on Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.