Cold Toes

For non-Serian roleplaying (Persona RP and Fanfiction)
The mists around the mountains clear to reveal in their center a ring of stones, an easy landmark for travelers to gather.

Moderator: Tigress

Krinlith
Leader
Leader

Re: Cold Toes

Post by Krinlith »

Jumping up in surprise at being spotted, Shadow Flame was surprised when the great owl flew in the other direction. Perhaps staying in his raccoon form was a wise idea. Seizing the opportunity, Shadow Flame promptly curled up again and began to nap happily, starting to snore a bit loudly.

As he snored, images began to dance in his head as he dreamed light, fluffy dreams. He preferred those. It was a rare occurrence for him to dream, so naturally most dreams were of great importance. It was nice to dream a light dream once in a while.

Turning over onto his side, he scratched his belly and snorted as a bug tried to crawl up his nostril and pawed at his nose. He never understood why they seemed to enjoy his nostril, but it was not the first time he had an insect try to make it's home in his nostril. He did not enjoy that.
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
-Groucho Marx

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

The sudden commotion sent everyone flying once again, the two serians scattering in different directions as Songhue jumped back to the sky and slipped right under Vineda's belly. That one was close!

Twitching her feathers, she glided between Sparkle's ears and settled in a tree, looking around for her friends. She had lost track of the owl during the mad dash for cover. Gracious that woman was hard to keep track of.

Chirruping, the little tanager shifted along the branch, absently plucking up a bug and swallowing it whole. The snack would help her focus. And probably help the raccoon laying next to her sleep better as it seemed to be intent on heading for his snout.

Nocturnal creatures often gained her sympathies.

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

The owl just held still for a minute, half-scowling and allowing her bright feathers to fade back to their more natural color. Sensitive horned ears twitched, waiting for further commotion from the raccoon or from other ‘non-Its’ fleeing her small scene. Instead she heard very little… hoof beats, perhaps, already retreating to a safe distance. Wonderful, time to start from scratch.

Not that she was complaining. Not that this was a problem, she assured herself.

She pondered a moment, then made up her mind. She spread silent wings and glided down, skimming under some brush that normally would be much to low for an owl. No owl emerged from the other side of the tree, however. A russet fox did, though. Large ears scanned her surroundings for any hints of noise.

Up in the branches she could hear normal forest sounds… the chirping of a bird, that dratted raccoon snoring and turning over in his sleep, rustling of branches and ground cover in a slight breeze. Briefly, she pondered turning into a woodpecker and taking a fancy to the tree the raccoon slumbered in, but she decided that being vindictive at this particular point in time would cause even more commotion. A sneaking suspicion threaded through her mind as she wondered where Shadow Flame had gotten to, but she really needed to take stock of her victims.

All she really had to go on was the direction in which she’d heard the hoof beats a few minutes earlier, and she was dawdling too long! She definitely wasn’t the only sneaky one here, and couldn’t afford to get too far behind.

She took off through the brush toward the noise she had heard, quickpawing her way through the brambles as quietly as possible.
And I don't know how To slow it down Oh, my mind's racing From chasing pirates.

Krinlith
Leader
Leader

Post by Krinlith »

Shifting and rolling over in his sleep, Shadow Flame felt a sharp poke in his side as he rolled straight into a small, rather sharp branch and awoke with a start, looking around confused for a moment. Seeing a small tanager and recognizing it as Songhue, he smiled a bit sheepishly and looked around for Vineda, his deep blue-black eyes scanning the skies to no avail.
"Perhaps she had shifted forms," he thought "or perhaps I simply missed her." Still a good bit groggy from the nap, Shadow Flame began to stretch as he yawned, sharp fangs showing a bit. He would be on the run again, as soon as he woke up fully.
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
-Groucho Marx

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Well this was turning into quite the waiting game. The tanager shifted slightly along the branch as she tried to listen for the sneaky Vineda, her bright eyes lighting up with mischief as she glanced over to the Serians trotting around nearby. They were keeping watch too.

Enough of this, it was time to really play!

Chirruping, the tiny bird shifted to a golden eagle and grabbed the sleepy racoon's tail, yanking as hard as she could. If That didn't stir up commotion, nothing would. Crawing out a laugh she took to the skies again, her wingtips skimming the sides of her bonded as they circled around the land and flushed out many a strange and sleeping critter.

Krinlith
Leader
Leader

Post by Krinlith »

Completely caught off guard, Shadow Flame jumped out of the bush and grabbed onto his tail, inspecting it for any damage and grumbling. Quickly shifting to a spider monkey, he climbed up the nearest tree and hung by his tail from one of the higher branches. He began wondering if he should let Vineda catch him so that he might chase after Songhue for a bit of mischief of his own.

Just then, a plan began to formulate in his mind. Climbing down the tree and hanging above the bush by his tail from one of the lower branches, be began picking berries from the bush of every size, giggling to himself like the mischievous little monkey he was. When he was satisfied with the amount he had, he climbed back up to the top of the tree and leaped from the highest branch, holding onto the berries and shifting to his dragon form, taking off after the golden eagle.

Flying just above her, he dropped the berries onto Songhue, yelling "Bombs away!" as they fell and hit their target. Quickly changing directions, Shadow Flame cackled with glee and flew as fast as his wings would take him. This was going to be a fun chase.
-Groucho Marx