Picnic Promises

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Re: Picnic Promises

Post by Songhue »

The sound of laughter very nearly overrode the frantic splashes. Once she was rather thoroughly soaked to the bone Path tried to step out of the way, only to have her efforts ruined as Sign threw her front half into the water and sent up a splash as big as she was. Snorting out a laugh, Path backed closer towards the falls to avoid the worst of it, not that it did her much good. Her mane still stuck to her neck.

Songhue let out a squeal as the wall of water crashed over her, a tinkling laugh escaping her as she plopped backwards and sent her own miniature waves towards the others. Glancing over her shoulder showed Vineda directly behind her, bringing a mischievous gleam to her eyes as she lay on her stomach and began kicking. If this didn't soak their friends she didn't know what would - though she looked to be taking a bath, as wet as she was getting trying to splash everyone else.

Kyra
Elder
Elder

Post by Kyra »

{{Sorry for the long wait. >< Had 3 big tests and 2 presentations and an essay. Though that is done, so we are good!}}

At the sound of her water bond-sister's laugh she looked over the colt and smiled at Crash and Peace. 'At least someone got something out of it,' she thought, 'Peace was laughing which was good, her fright from earlier seemed to be gone. She would be better prepared to meet the others here now.'

She felt the warm breath on her neck and new who it was, her mate, which was the only one she wanted to see right now. Her sun orbs lite up with happiness knowing he was right there. She just hoped, he hadn't seen the her looking pathetic getting caught Dart's game. She turned and nuzzled him back, "I am good, but not sure about the others. I also, would love to chase my Sparkle around." she said laughing a little at the end. It had been some time since she saw him, her acker to the world and how she loved their little games. She missed them so much. She looked back at Dart and Peace, "Well are you guys hungry?" she said in her normal voice.

Dart watched the blue hued stallion come up, 'Did this work out even better? Did Sparky hear seen my little stunt?' he thought hopeful. He could tell the stallion did not like him, came up eyes hard and ears pinned, looking at him. Then when the others came up he skipped his welcome right over him. He had finally stopped laughing, and was quit surprised to her his ice bond-sister giggling. Deciding that fun was over for now, he rolled to his side and got him. As he did, he locked eyes Sparkle, a flash smirk showed on his face and then was gone. He back away and headed back to join Kyra and his other bond-siblings.

Crash nodded to Amber's mate as he came up. "I think that I shall wait for the invention until, the rest of my family is hear," he said looked back as the red colt disappeared around the bend.

Peace still felling good from her laugh and the shyness not quit hitting yet said, "Hi Sparkle!" in her normal happy voice, which she usually never used around others, her quite and shy voice usually was all that was heard.

Skid halted on a dime, as Dart nearly collided with him, obviously not paying attention to where he was going. He shook beige mane and sighed. "You alright Miss Kyra?" he asked, a bit worried, his sudden stop had not been planed.

Dart quickly came out of his little world at the sound of the big black stallion's voice. He quickly did a U turn and stopped facing his bonded on his bond-brother's back. "Are you ok Kyra. I am sorry, I was having too much fun and wasn't watching where I was going." he hung his head lower and looked at the ground.

The girl, laughed, "I am fine. Don't worry, sure I wasn't completely ready for the sudden stop, but nor harm done. So, who is up there Dart?" She leaned forward and stroked Skid's long neck.

"Yep, Sparkle and his family and another girl and her serian. They also want to know if we want to eat with them," he said lifting his head again and with a true relief look on his face.

Silverflash was on the other side of Skid, walked up to be a head of him on left side, "Well Dart, why not lead the way, then," she said in her normal voice. Though she knew the playfully Colt as Amber put it, probably had tried something on the black mare. She just wasn't sure what. She never did get why he acted the way he did.

The group came around the bend and stopped beside Crash, with Peace just out front of him in the river. Kyra smiled seeing Amber with her mate, "Hello Sparkle. It is nice to see you. So, I hear you family is here and wants to know if we would like to join you for something to eat?" she said this looking to her right at the red stallion.
Last edited by Kyra on Sun May 17, 2009 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I need a new image holder...lol

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

Soaked. Completely soaked. Vineda ducked and shrieked as water flew from every direction. She fought her way closer to Shamrock’s side after a fountain of water rose from out of nowhere and attacked her. As she made her escape water dripped from her as though she had been dunked under the water.

After twisting around to look back she saw that it was Songhue who was creating the reverse waterfall, still sending up a mini mountain of water with her feet. She began again by joining Shamrock against the two mares, spraying a whole armful of water out toward them before getting an idea.

She doubled back and approached the fae, who now looked like a water sprite. Vineda stumbled her way through the water flying from her friend's feet and reached forward. When her hand found a flying object that she assumed was a foot, she gave a firm tug. With luck it would drag the fairy through some of her own airborne water before it settled...

She chuckled to herself, oblivious to the approaching group of serians and their bonded, simply intent on making everyone else as drenched as she was!
And I don't know how To slow it down Oh, my mind's racing From chasing pirates.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

OOC|((No problem, we all get busy. :) I've had a bad week myself, so trust me, I get it. I do appreciate it, though, it always helps to know what's going on with everyone instead of just waiting in the dark.))

BIC|Songhue screeched out a laugh as her foot was caught, twisting around in a blink to keep her head above water as the rest of her was pulled through the barrage she herself had sent through the air. Path laughed so hard the roar of the falls seemed to double as she stumbled through the flying water to flop on her side in the tall, tender grasses there at the edge of the river, unable to do anything other than laugh and pant.

Sign joined her a moment later, leaning against her bondmate's back as they watched the little fae get drug under. Songhue's wings sent up a little storm of water as she popped back up, absently kicking water at the great stallion and her friend as she crawled over to the others, laughing so hard she could barely breathe.

The three of them leaned against each other as the laughter slowly faded, giggling with happy little sighs while the warm sun helped dry them. Songhue looked at the two mares with a fierce and raw love shining through her eyes as they slowly caught their breath before turning her gaze to Vineda and Shamrock. Her eyes softened, a soft smile touching her lips as she looked at them with a gentler love shining through her blue-gray orbs. This was a fine day indeed, one she would never forget.

It was a truth that made the smile widen as she closed her eyes and stretched out to dry, a few lingering giggles slipping from her.

----------------------------------------

Sparkle kept contact with his mate while the others milled about, absently checking for bruises. The red and white creature he thought of only as 'that brat' tried to make eye contact once while he was doing this. Sparkle ignored him, looking straight through the stallion as if he didn't exist. As far as he was concerned, the brat wasn't there.

"Hey Peace," he nickered, offering her an openly friendly and mildly fond smile. "It's great to see you again. You move as beautifully on land as you do in the oceans."

Nuzzling into his mate's neck and nipping rather playfully at her mane he let his warm and welcoming gaze greet each of them as they gathered again, always ignoring wherever the brat happened to be located. He wasn't worth recognizing as one would even recognize a stump.

"Greetings madam Kyra, it's a pleasure to see you as well. And the fellow upon whom you sit, I don't believe I've had the honor of making such an acquaintance before. I'm Sparkle, as you heard, mated to Amber here and lead stallion of our little circle, with her as lead mare. Some friends and the rest of my bondfamily are around the corner, if you'd care to follow me; and yes, there is plenty of food for all."

Grinning, he turned his head slightly to nip around Amber's forelock and mumur something in her ear. "There's fun to be had, love, with no worries while we have each other."

Lifting his head, he turned to lead them back towards the others, only to pause and face the group once again. Flicking an ear back, he looked straight in Kyra's face and spoke in a way that was rare for him - his voice was deep, serious and slightly hard.

"I do ask one thing before I show you where we've all gathered. All of your bonded must behave themselves properly. I was going to greet our friends with my bonded when something caught my eye. Your red... Male there had managed to trip and then pin my mate, Amber. There are pranks, M'Lady, and then there is flat humiliation. I will not allow him, nor any other, to degrade any I call friend or family without taking due action."

Still, he did not acknowledge the stallion in question. Nor did he move, for he wanted this perfectly clear before he led the way back to the others. He liked and respected Kyra; it seemed only fair that she be prepared should a fight occur.

Kyra
Elder
Elder

Post by Kyra »

Occl ( I will post or send a message next time. I hope your week gets better and sorry it was a bad one.}

Peace grinned, "Thanks, it take work, but I can move pretty good on land, as long as it is close to a stream." She moved easily back into the stream and sighed, "Though water is so my element," she giggled at her little joke.

Kyra nodded, "Yes, as it is a pleasure to see you well, as well. That is correct he is one of the newest members to the family." She leaned forward and easily swung her right leg over and slide to the ground beside the black stallion.

The stallion bowed his head, "I have heard many good things about you, Lead Sparkle, and it is a pleasure to meet the spirited filly's mate," he said winking at Amber on the last part. "I am Skid, the bonded newest to Kyra."

Amber rolled her eyes and snorted on the world spirited, in a playful way. She shook her head, and leaned lightly into her mate's nuzzling. She light up again at his soft warm voice, she in reply whispered lightly back, "I never have worries when I am with you."

Kyra caught his look and looked back, "I will make sure, that no more pranks are played that deliberately humiliate anyone, you have my word." she said in a serious voice, which was unlike her. She looked out of the corner of her eye at the red stallion. "I say someone owes someone something," she said still in the same voice.

Dart froze and anyone looking at him could easily see the shiver that ran through his whole body at the sound of his bonded's voice when the reference came to him. He quickly shook his head and walked head low up to stand beside her and looked at Amber and gave a quick glance to Sparkle. "Sorry bond-sister and Lead Sparkle... I ... I got carried away," his voice breaking in odd spots. He looked like if someone said boo from behind he would to airborne in 0 seconds. "I ask for your forgiveness."

Crash watched with the ice mare and both agreed on the same thought, Dart looked like he was standing on thin ice, praying it would not break. The purple stallion, never did get why the red and white stallion did 180's around Kyra, nor why when her voice was stern, or series and it was referring to him, why he looked like he would jump at any sound. Only conclusion he came to was, the stallion tired to be a perfectionist in front of his bonded and it killed him when he didn't. Other than that the red colt, as Amber and now most of the family called him, would act that way.

Silverflash watched the scene, and hoped that all rough housing was over and a fun time to meet others and play was going to start. She was itching to do something, Kyra as of late, had been busy in the human world way more than usual, sure school, but she knew there was something else, but could not name it. It also sparked it odd the way she said, one of the newest, or it could be her imagination playing on the words she heard. "Nice to see you again Sparkle!"
I need a new image holder...lol

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

OOC|((No worries! Like I said it's just nice to know what's going on with all my friends here. :) I've always liked how you let us know you haven't forgotten the pretty bondeds or the threads. ^_^))

BIC| Sparkle kept an impassive face while Dart made his little apology to Amber and him. He seemed sincere, yet he knew not to trust appearances. In any case, he would wait and watch.

"Thank you both. This way, then, and may the rest of the day be much lighter in spirit."

He turned here, shaking out his man and keeping close to Amber as he started back. He couldn't help but nip at the beautiful lightning markings over her side, eager to play.

"It's good to see you as well, SilverFlash! Still a noble and loyal princess, I see, how wonderful." He smiled here, eyes sparkling kindly as he looked back at her. Their encounter had been brief, but she had made quite the impression. "And you Crash, good to see you as it is the others. Oh, Skid, I'm eager for you to meet Path, I think she may like you rather well. I dare say our Sign will want to keep with Peace in the water, though."

This time, when he smiled at everyone he included the red and white stallion with the others. He would watch and wait, there was no doubt of that. In the meantime, the others were coming into view again and he had a very strong desire to chase that wonderful mare of his through the sparkling falls.