Cold Toes

For non-Serian roleplaying (Persona RP and Fanfiction)
The mists around the mountains clear to reveal in their center a ring of stones, an easy landmark for travelers to gather.

Moderator: Tigress

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Re: Cold Toes

Post by Vineda »

The small russet fox gazed at the sky, watching the commotion with glee from beneath the ground cover. She now knew where almost everyone was... A sly grin crossed her face as she slid between the bushes.
Last edited by Vineda on Sat May 16, 2009 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
And I don't know how To slow it down Oh, my mind's racing From chasing pirates.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Screeching, the eagle shook a few loose berries out of her feathers before climbing straight up in the sky and spinning like a top. Laughing as only a golden eagle can, she twitched a few choice feathers and directed her beak straight back to the retreating dragon, sending a massive gust of wind to offbalance his wings. She could get pelted with berries, but he wouldn't be flying for long as a price.

Chuckling, she went back to gliding between her bonded, crawing and stirring up anything the three of them could find. Come and get us, we're an open show!

Krinlith
Leader
Leader

Post by Krinlith »

As he flew away, Shadow Flame felt a huge gust of wind come at him, unbalancing him and sending him into a tumble. Shifting back to a spider monkey, he grabbed for the nearest tree branch, just barely catching it with his tail and running back closer to the trunk of the tree. She was good, he had to admit.
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
-Groucho Marx

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

Vineda cackled openly as she watched the war above in the air. She was planning on ignoring the little spat in the skies, but as she crossed a tiny brook, she got an idea. She shifted awkwardly to the shape of a pelican and scooped up as much water as she could carry.

Taking flight was a bit of a struggle as she flounced about with wings that weren't quite as agile as she would have liked and water sloshing everywhere. But if her plan worked, it was definitely worth the indignity.

Up, up, up, she spiraled, drifting first away from the two other birds. Then after she'd gotten higher in the air she circled around. She knew Songhue would expect something like this... better to take care of her first.

Once she was in place, she took a second to judge her height. She adjusted, keeping herself high enough that she wouldn't run into either bird but low enough that they shouldn't have too much time to dodge. She barked again in mirth and slowed to an easy pace in hopes of catching a bit of rest after her tiring flight.

Then she took off, beating her wings as fast as they would possibly go. She shot over Songhue, and dropped a bunch of her water, and sped on. She didn't even stop to see if she was successful, just kept rocketing towards Shadow Flame. She dropped her remaining water at what she hoped was the right moment.

She should've tagged them, yes, but it was too worth it to pass up! She let herself plummet until she was near the ground again, then jumped into her fox shape once more and darted under cover with the hope of losing herself again. She barked again in mirth and allowed herself to slow and enjoy an easy pace after her tiring flight. She wore a foxy grin as she craned her neck, trying to see if she could spot any soaked birds or if they'd gotten away.
And I don't know how To slow it down Oh, my mind's racing From chasing pirates.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

A screech, a laugh, and she landed on Sparkle's backside, eyes gleaming as Path tossed her mane with a grin and trotted off. Clicking her beak, Songhue nestled down between the stallion's shoulders and let the mare go where she would. She had a certain water dumping friend to find.. Brr, nothing quite like the feel of it dripping between your feathers!

"It seems, my darling Sparkle, that there is only one word fitting for the moment.. Charge!"

Laughing, she shifted back to her fae self and hung on for all she was worth as he crashed through the brush to find the monkey and what they'd last seen as a pelican. They were betting on Vineda running instead of tagging, a gamble that was well worth the laugh.

Krinlith
Leader
Leader

Post by Krinlith »

Screeching with laughter as he got soaked, Shadow Flame bounced a bit, full of energy. He had not been expecting that. Climbing down the tree, Shadow Flame gathered more berries. This time it was for a snack instead of revenge. He had quite the appetite on him, and tended to snack quite frequently. Climbing back up to his branch and wrapping his tail around it for support, Shadow Flame sat and enjoyed his berries as he surveyed the landscape for either Vineda or Songhue.
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
-Groucho Marx