Cold Toes

For non-Serian roleplaying (Persona RP and Fanfiction)
The mists around the mountains clear to reveal in their center a ring of stones, an easy landmark for travelers to gather.

Moderator: Tigress

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Re: Cold Toes

Post by Vineda »

OOC| I don't mind the typos. Everyone makes them here and there. I think your posts are just fine ^.^ Glad to see ya here!

BIC| Vineda looked at the leaf held forth for a moment, confused at first. Then a smile slowly broke out on her face. A bee! The girl had answered her riddle!

Her gentle voice now became excited in her surprise. "Yes! You guessed it! A stinging honeybee!" Looking closer, she had to beam at this girl. "And he's still alive! Were you planning to put him back?"

She still had no idea what to do for this other, but she scooted over a bit to leave room if the girl wanted to sit. "Would you mind very much if I shifted again? My original form (as far as I know, she chuckled) is human as well. I do not wish to cause you discomfort, however."

She kept her movements slow, making sure none of them were unexpected. The grin on her face refused to be banished, but she hoped the girl wouldn't misunderstand.
And I don't know how To slow it down Oh, my mind's racing From chasing pirates.

Evony
Regular
Regular

Post by Evony »

OOC: THanks very much! :D

BIC: Evony was surprised at the excitement her bee caused to this wolf who told the riddle. Vineda, the fairy said? She watched closely, but it was a passive, observing kind of watchfulness. The girl-child studied this Vineda closely while keeping an eye on the others as well.

She walked forward as a deer would. Slowly she reached out to set the leaf and bee on the ground right in front of the Vineda wolf. THen she backed up a step or two very hastily and nodded. SHe didn't want to kill the bee but had no use for him now that she answered the riddle. It would be interesting to find out what Vineda saw fit to do with him. What now? she wondered.

She dliberated a while before nodding and moving to the space left open. But she sat farther back than the girl had probably intended so she could see thenm all very clearly. SHe was wide eyed while she shook her head at the question, shrugged and gestured forward in a shooing motion. It was clear to her, at least, that she meant "go ahead". But I'll be watching you, she warned in her head.

It was also quite plain that this woman was making her moves careful. This was meant to keep her from getting alarmed she knew. Would they lull her into a flase sense of security before trying anythig or did they really mean her no harm? She watched Vineda's teeth carefully, thinking that her eyes were not angry. What a strange group they were!

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

The stranger watched with a caution that reminded Songhue of old friends. Ancient creatures wary of being harmed yet again, gentle beings that would look at every bush with fear even in their safest of sanctuaries. Every move was careful, watchful, deliberate... It made Songhue herself wary, as well.

This is one place where I do not have to fear such ill fate, she chided herself. Caution may beget more caution by instinct, but she knew better than to lose her head.

The thought flickered across her mind where she wondered if the silence was further caution or if she was in the presence of an honest mute. Others she had met she spoke with through mind-touch, yet something told her this would not work with the new friend that approached them.

Her guide whispering in her ear again, secrets she should not know.

"'Twas such a lovely word play with a beautiful answer, it seems there is but one that can be used to answer it, my dear.

Often talked of, never seen,
Ever coming, never been.
Daily looked for, never here,
Still approaching, coming near.
Thousands for my visit wait,
But alas, for their fate,
Though they expect me to appear,
They will never find me here.
What am I?"

Krinlith
Leader
Leader

Post by Krinlith »

Tilting his head curiously at the newcomer for a moment, Shadow Flame thought about what it was like to be a newcomer amongst strangers. She seemed nice, if a bit wary of others. Perhaps it was their forms that had frightened her. He wondered if he should shift forms, but that might just scare her even more. She seemed rather put off by the fact that they spoke alone. "Perhaps I should try and comfort her," he thought. "That might do some good."

"If you would like, you're more than welcome to join us in our game of riddles. No harm will come to you, I can assure you that." he said gently, with a soothing tone in his voice. There was still the riddle Songhue had put forth. Believing he knew the answer, Shadow Flame spoke once more. "Tomorrow is the answer, I believe. If I may, I have one of my own. At night they come without being fetched,
And by day they are lost without being stolen."
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
-Groucho Marx

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

Vineda judged very carefully before she decided to shift. The newcomer had sat down next to her, if a fair ways away. Her restless continuously darting eyes flickered to everyone else but had also widened and watched her intently, and she was plainly waiting.

So Vineda sat up and shifted gently, like a candle flame flickering in the breeze. Her eyes stayed trained on their new friend, taking careful note of her reaction. Still deliberate, she stretched and reached forward to scoop up the bee in its leaf. She held it up for the girl to see.

Unfolding her legs gently, she stood a bit stiffly and walked a short distance away. Once the bee was laid gently down on the ground in a patch of clover, she straightened up, ignored the other bees droning on in soothing buzzes, and walked back. Her place was taken up again and she looked around at their strange company, pondering the new riddle.
And I don't know how To slow it down Oh, my mind's racing From chasing pirates.

Evony
Regular
Regular

Post by Evony »

Everyone was being very careful. If she trusted it completely, she'd have been touched. Evony remained careful, though, tensing as she watched Vineda shift and fidgeting under the Songhue's knowing and also wary glance.

The wolf Shadow Flame's voice was very soothing, and it was helped her to relax. She looked at him in the eyes steadily for a moment, thanking him silently and getting a sense of him. He seemed like a very calm personality, amd kind as they all were. Then she looked curiously at the man on the log a short way away, holding a book. The staff across his lap was noted and watched closely.

As she listened to the riddle being told, she made a very odd decision. For her, anyway. She picked up a small stick near her feet and leaned over, making rough letters in the dirt. She spelled Evony in her scratchey script, then eyed this Shadow Flame again and began doodling stars in the many different designs she'd seen in her day - flourishy archaic ones, detailed scientific ones, fairy-tale pretty ones, several religious ones, and simple childlike ones.

She sat back now and continued the doodles stars more idly, glancng up to catch an eye so she could point out her guess. While she pondering the difficulty of telling her own riddle, she waited.