On Fire (Open to all!)

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Re: On Fire (Open to all!)

Post by Rainer »

ooc| So sorry! I've been super crazy busy this week, helping with riding camp and everything. >_< I'll post asap!

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

ooc| that's okay. riding camp! woooo! sounds like a ton of fun! no problem, thanks for letting me know. enjoy ^-^
And I don't know how To slow it down Oh, my mind's racing From chasing pirates.

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

ooc| yikes! :shock: Sorry for the wait!

bic| When he confessed that he was a virgin to the ways of those known as Rogues and Warriors, she couldn't help the almost sadistic smirk that managed to smear itself across her lips.

"You should hope it stays that way."

With a casual shake of her head, the look vanished and was replaced by a warm smile at his antics, although her almost birdsong laugh did not break the awkward tension that was slowly beginning to build.

"It's this way, the beach, that is," She nodded her head in the direction that she soon after pursued at a slow trot. It was now that she decided to slip the fiesty charade into play, turning to flash him a playful grin.

"Race ya!"

No sooner had the words left her lips did her legs seem to almost explode beneath her, quickly launching her into a gallop. Banners of mane and tail waved behind her as the distance between them slowly increased.

"Show me what you've got, Greenie," Was called over her shoulder, a playful challenge was passed from her to him. Simply another way to lighten the mood.

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

ooc| no worries :) glad to see ya again!

bic| Still chuckling, he extended his jig to follow her. He was thinking back over the expressions he'd seen on her face. One made his eyes narrow and glitter with a defiant air. It also made him wonder if these Rogues and Warriors were behind those carefully crafted facades she put on.
This was filed away for later thought as she moved on.

All sulkiness was forgotten and left quickly behind as he realized a race was in order. He leapt into a smooth stride, short mane and tail fluttering madly as he put a stop to her pulling away. Focusing on eating away at the distance between them, he muttered "Who's she to talk anyway?" under his breath. Louder, he projected "Better save your breath for running, missy, you'll need it!" Glad to leave the awkwardness behind, he dug in and worked on catching the green blur before him.

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

Her breathing was already starting to become laboured, nostrils beginning to flare ever so slightly. The mare's body was clearly not built for speed, but it was in her blood. Every stride she took dug in and pushed off, but it did not aid her in pulling away anymore.

Her "badges of pride" were becoming restraints. Sore muscles made her wince with every step. What was she doing, she wondered. Running was something she found herself doing a lot of lately. One question popped into her mind.

Was she really running away, or was she running to something?

The minute her hooves struck sand she almost stumbled from the texture change, but she jumped right back into stride again. She was starting to slip back more and more, getting closer to Shamrock and their destination with every step.

A moment later she slid to a stop, leaving tracks in the sand from her hooves suddenly resisting the momentum she had built up. There was nothing around her except for sand, a salty breeze and the churning water lapping up the shore and the sounds that accompanied it.

A deep breath was taken in, and her skin shivered in pleasure at being in this place.

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

Shamrock's legs were pumping now, flying over the turf at full speed. He was closing in on Saphire with astonishing speed thanks to her slowing and his just getting warmed up. As he hit the sand he staggered a bit and his speed all but vanished.

As he pulled even and passed Saphire, he glanced back and was amazed once again at the emotions on her face. Just then she did a fancy sliding stop. He attempted to do the same but ended up doing some sort of flailing, tumbling move. After the sand finished flying and settled again, he stood and shook himself off and grinned hugely. Despite the clumsy halt, he managed to look pretty proud of himself.

The lime stallion stared around him a moment. He was entranced at the beach, not having been to one in a very long time. The breeze occasionally ran over the sand in just the right way, making a whistling, tinkling sound to match the rhythmic beat of the waves. Birds flew overhead, calling to one another. He raised his head to the wind, tasting it, reading it. When he met her eyes, his were bright and dancing.

He trotted to her side and then began to canter, circling around her playfully. "Well, milady, what say you?"