Raindrops a Fallin' On My Head...

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Re: Raindrops a Fallin' On My Head...

Post by Vineda »

It was definitely a day for games and exploring. Vineda tasted the air... the quivering sighs of the slight breeze were deceptively gentle, veiling the zing hidden in the currents. "I quite agree. You can practically hear the plants growing!" She shot a glance at the fae, belatedly thinking that she probably could hear such things. Vineda was too afraid of being lost to try. "How are your other bondeds? Keeping busy, I expect."

Shamrock gave Sign an exaggerated skeptical look. "I very much doubt you are ever just a tag along." He loved the pizzaz. It gave made his jig grow in energy.

"I thank you Songhue, but I know very well how nice a solitary stroll can be and I would hate to intrude. You might've been on your way home and I'd hate to keep you."

The lime stallion started, eyes widening at Sign's surmisal. He didn't hide anything or bite anything back, aware now that she would see. He did, however, reply smoothly. "Oh rare jewel of the swirling sea, your eyes whisper and taunt of mysteries that are not such to you. It would shame me to be anything but polite in your presence, my lady. I confess I know you not well - yet. I would truly hate to offend, though I can see now how foolish this sounds. Your eyes are sharp indeed. And I can tell already that your tongue isn't blunt either." Not cutting, but definitely with the potential. It was the getting right to the chase that he thought of. His crooked grin now seemed a permanent fixture.

As Sign got clobbered with the water and shook off, he attempted to shake some of his own coat out. Fairly useless, he decided. He'd just have to be happy being waterlogged today, there was nothing else for it. Hearing Vineda's laughter ring out, he ducked and darted his gaze around. It was wise, though perhaps also useless, to be wary now that there were two trickster bondeds about.

"'Tis a good thing your eyes know such wisdom, for this foal seems like one to keep you busy. I've not had the pleasure of meeting West. I rather think the contrast is nice, though I wonder if there is a storm in the making. 'Twould certainly explain the strange energies, and it would be an adventure. Do you enjoy storms?"
Last edited by Vineda on Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And I don't know how To slow it down Oh, my mind's racing From chasing pirates.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

"Storms I do so enjoy, oh smooth-witted Shamrock. They remind me of my home in the sea, a touch of water in the dry air of land. In some lands it is the only relief to be found."

Grinning with dancing, impish eyes, Sign trotted closer and bumped a tree as the stallion passed under it, hoping to soak both him and his bonded. Ah, water! Such wonderful, drizzling, sweet water in the air, making each breath thick, each step more deliberate, forcing a sharper awareness of life. It made her feel young and fresh and willing to play with this strange stallion that she somehow felt a kinship towards. Time would show what the day brought, yet she thought she knew what to expect.

Be wary of the comforts that are not expected or explained, my dear one.

Good advice.. As the stallion himself said, they did not, after all, know each other that well as of yet. She may feel a similar spark in his mind, but that did not mean he was able to do the same with hers.

Perhaps some fae magic has begun to rub off on me.

It would not be unheard of.

"Busy they are and busy they stay, my friend. Even were we on our way home your company would be welcomed - I linger not when there is work to be done, nor does Sign. Ah, but Sparkle, what that stallion may be up to.. He has plans he does try to hide from me, yet I think I know what they may be all the same. None can entirely block their bonded."

"What might it be," Sign giggled, bumping still other trees to deliberately soak herself. "A new place to find where the light plays?"

"That is for him to tell, not my own self. Show more care with the tender moist trunks of these young trees, Sign, for they ache at such a jolt. But tell me, what has busied my companions? Path simply enjoys time on her own, mostly hoping to catch site of her mate or meditate and we, why we two are never up to too much trouble."

"Perhaps not by a dragon's standard," Sign added, gently brushing a branch with her tail to encourage a shower of spark-glimmering dew. How any could think of such weather as miserable she couldn't begin to fathom. She did wonder a bit, though, when she looked back and saw no footprints from her bonded, though the fae's wings remained still.

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

OOC| :evil: you shoulda bopped me with that pointy stick of yours for taking so long :P

BIC| "I thought as much. I confess I druther watch from a shelter while it storms. I can't help but prefer the sun, though rainshowers are always a welcome interruption."

As water cascaded down from the branches above, Shamrock halted abruptly in mid-jig and became mock offended. He put on a show, snorting, shaking his head in apparent disgust, and sending a pretend glare at Sign.

He hoped against hope that she wouldn't see the barest hint of a grin slipping past his facade. Judging by her observations earlier, however, he knew it was unlikely. Where his eyes were meant to smolder they gleamed, and his lips betrayed him with tiny twitches upwards.

Vineda was already chuckling but after one look at the darkened lime stallion and the show he was putting on, she had to laugh out loud. In return he included her in his supposed anger, then he stamped off a few paces with a huff.

Vineda sniffed at him and turned to Songhue. "It is hard sometimes, not being able to hide any such thing from you. Poor Sparkle," she chuckled. "I'm sure he's having fun being sneaky."

Suddenly abandoning his aloof mad act, Sham whisked around to Sign's side. He quickly tickled the side of a sapling and finally gave in to the wicked grin that had been threatening to break through. His eyes sparkled and beamed just as Sign's did as he dashed out of the sprinkle his sapling created.

Rain on the green grass,
And rain on the tree
Rain on my Sign-friend,
But not on me!

Ordinarily he might argue with her about this whole water thing, just for the sake of arguing. But today he was enjoying it too much, and his mood was too light and chipper. It was such a strange combination, this overflowing energy and this relaxing peacefulness... both washing over him at the same time.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

OOC| No boppin steek for chu! Besides, I'm savin it for boppin these clouds that keep interruptin my net time. >.x

BIC| The smile never left, even while he was supposedly glaring from the soaking. He really was terrible at controlling his face. It made her laugh, then laugh harder as he sprinkled her in turn.

She danced, pranced, caught the sweet drops as much as was possible, her own sing-song springing to her tongue.

"Let it rain
Let me dance
There is no pain
While so entranced!"

Smiling slightly herself, Songhue turned her gaze to the sky as a pair of birds suddenly broke out of overhead branches, twittering and dipping in the light rains. Watch this from indoors? And miss out on nature's wonders? She could only shake her head, randomly humming and then breaking into song that matched the rhythm of the rain.

I wish for you a love that legends are made of
I wish for you a love that will always be true
I wish for you a love that is a soft place to fall
A love that shelters you
I wish for you a love that nurtures your dreams
I wish for you a love that makes you all you can be
I wish for you a love that lifts you up higher and higher
A love that sets your spirit free
A love that lives even beyond life
A love that stands all the tests of time
A place where faith and trust are a given
And every day is made worth living
By what you have together
I wish for you a love that always listens
I wish for you a love that always tries to understand
I wish for you a love ready to take on life's problems
And face the challenge hand in hand
I wish for you a love that savors the present
I wish for you a love that lets go of the past
I wish for you a love that looks with hope to the future
A love rock solid and steadfast
And when you look into each other's eyes
May you see a guardian and guide
And cherish each day with each other
Seeing all life's magic wonder
And all you have together
Oooh, a love that legends are made of
Oooh, a love that legends are made of
Oooh oooh-ooh a love that legends are made of
Oooh ooh..

Her eyelids drooped as the words escaped her lips, the hint of a smile gracing her lips as the hummingbirds flitted about her head and landed on her shoulders. The sound, the music, that surrounded them.. How could anyone not hear it?

"'Tis a day for song and life, indeed," she murmured.

Sign had grown still for a bit, listening to the sound of water on earth. Now she let out a mighty buck and went barreling through the trees, water flying from her tail as she turned sharply and charged back to scoop her bonded upon her back, thoroughly drenching the area from all the commotion.

Life! It was a calm day that buzzed with such life. She was reminded of the quiet roars of her home seas when she listened through her bonded's ears.

Such a strange little creature.

"See now, how grand it is to have found each other this day? It is a day to be shared! But tell us, what has busied y'all as of late? Such a pair must have grand adventures and marvelous tales that itch to be shared."

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

Shamrock laughed freely and shook his body again, twitching his coat. Plants all around were smiling and stretching out their roots, drinking up the sweet water. Vineda smiled and turned her face to the falling drops.

"Rain, Rain,
Come to play
The sun has gone
And stays away."

Shamrock smiled with warmth at Sign, then walked up to Vineda. She grinned at him and leapt lightly onto his back in a move that was either very well practiced or aided with magic.

With both bondeds mounted, he lenthened his stride and jigged with more purpose. "Would anyone care for a run? Is there any place you'd like to visit on this fine grand day?" He grinned at Songhue and then reached over to lip a strand of Sign's mane, playfully tugging it before dancing out of reach.

Songhue's tune reminded him of one of his favorite blessings, so he raised his voice only a little and twined it into his own tune in answer.
"May love and laughter light your days,
and warm your heart and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours,
wherever you may roam.
May peace and plenty bless your world
with joy that long endures.
May all life's passing seasons
bring the best to you and yours!"

The girl had closed her eyes to listen to the song, and when it ended she opened her eyes. Vineda looked at Songhue and chuckled, shaking her head. "Grand adventures indeed! I have been busy, but there be no marvelous tales to weave from my tending the garden. I've been doing chores lately, making up for the neglect I've shown them too much as of late." She played with the stallion's short mane as he pranced along. Her brow was slightly furrowed, as if absorbed in thought. "Shamrock and I did visit a festival, and I created a pool for my old family to play in for the last of summer. Aside from that I've mostly stayed out of trouble." Finally she snapped out of her trance. "And you, my friend? What little mischiefs have you been into lately?"

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Sign glanced at Shamrock with a playful gleam in her orbs as she countered his little rhyme, nipping at his withers and prancing away once again.

"May the road rise up to meet you,
May the wind be at your back,
May good friends be there to greet you
And your table never lack.

May your life be filled with laughter,
and your heart be filled with song.
May the Gods shine Their light upon you,
As you live your whole life long."

"Mischief? Nothing unusual for the likes of us. Playing tricks on dragons, chasing stars, chores, chores and more chores."

"Oh, remember when you and your mate picnicked on my beach? I'd never seen a wet angel before!"

"Even the clean up after was more play than chore," Songhue laughed.

"As for a run? I'm not much of a runner, myself, but this itch won't be ignored any longer! Last one to the willow grove is a yearling!"

And with that, Songhue gripped a double-handful of her bonded's flowing mane and leaned low on her neck, practically melting into her as she bucked and thundered over the and like a land locked wave.