Cold Toes

For non-Serian roleplaying (Persona RP and Fanfiction)
The mists around the mountains clear to reveal in their center a ring of stones, an easy landmark for travelers to gather.

Moderator: Tigress

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Re: Cold Toes

Post by Vineda »

She watched this young girl looking over her shoulder, expecting danger every second. As she snatched the apple Vineda nodded in encouragement and smiled gently. She wished there was something she could do to put this other more at ease.

Her smile grew as she read Evony's answer. "Ah, I'd not thought of mist. Though I believe you are right now that I hear it." She pondered the new riddle a moment, a feeling of foreboding growing at the riddle's tone. A light wind swept past her and she looked Evony in the eyes. "'Tis an army of raindrops you speak of, lovely Evony. Yet another I have to share, if your ears are still willing to listen.

I'm as small as an ant,
as big as a whale.
I'll approach like a breeze,
but can come like a gale.
By some I get hit,
but all have shown fear.
I'll dance to the music,
though I can't hear.
Of names I have many,
Of names I have one.
I'm as slow as a snail,
but from me you can't run.
What am I?"

Her eyes followed the subtle movements, pondering this strangeling as she bit into her own apple and awaited an answer to her riddle.
And I don't know how To slow it down Oh, my mind's racing From chasing pirates.

Evony
Regular
Regular

Post by Evony »

ooc:
I am going to have to take a break with school and stuff but thanks a lot for letting me play! I'll be back!

bic:
She'd never felt so welcome before as now, with this odd gathering, and she came now closer to a real smile than she hardly rememberd. Feeling the smile inside, though it wouldn't even be noticable to anyone on the outside. Her attention was caught right away at this new riddle.

Wow, she should play this game for points! She knew another answer! She sketched a quick word in her notepad, making it dark and ominous. Shadow. Another riddle, then. This game was lifting her spirits.

Scribbling a little, she scrawled out the next.
The man who invented it doesn't want it. The man who bought it doesn't need it. The man who needs it doesn't know it. What is it?

TEaring out the page, she handed it off. Then she looked up to meet the eyes of these new... friends? and had to blink rapidly as her vision began growing blurry.

She groaned as she realized. It was happening again. Another episode. She never asked for it to happen, and she could'nt control it. but she landed here on accident and now she was leaving. She would end up somewhere new. Would she ever vidit here again, she wondered? The word whispered on her tongue, so close, yet even now being ripped away... Sionayra...

She could see almost nothing and knew she was almost gone. She wondered vaguely how this appeared to the others... would she simply blur away and disappear? As everything disolved, she memorized the smells, the sounds, the light, the feel of the very air. Most of all the faces of those she met. She also made up her mind. She would come back. How, she wasn't sure, but she fixed it in her mind, determined.

Pierre Monteux
Regular
Regular

Post by Pierre Monteux »

Pierre sat up suddenly, with the feeling he'd fallen asleep. How silly of me. I guess the days events took it out of me. He thought. He started walking to find the others.
さよなら

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

Vineda stared as the newest member of the company disappeared in a flicker. In a dazed sort of way, she gazed at the now empty space. A small start and she looked down at the piece of paper still clutched in her hand, brows furrowing in dismay. Dismay at the disappearing act and also at the cryptic riddle...

Ready to pass on the slip of paper to her friends, she caught Sir Monteux's abrupt movement out of the corner of her eye and startled a bit. She shook herself slightly, then donned a smile. "Have you had enough of your studies, then? Have you figured it out?"
And I don't know how To slow it down Oh, my mind's racing From chasing pirates.

Pierre Monteux
Regular
Regular

Post by Pierre Monteux »

Pierre laughed. No, I haven't figured it out yet. Until I do, I should enjoy myself. This place is very relaxing. I haven't slept like that in a long time.
さよなら

Krinlith
Leader
Leader

Post by Krinlith »

Shifting to his cat form, ShadowFlame stretched and yawned a bit, flexing his claws."There's nothing quite like a great nap to refresh you. I really prefer naps up high, on a branch or something similar. I'm glad you decided to join the merriment, Mr. Monteaux." ShadowFlame smiled with a contented purr.
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
-Groucho Marx