Raindrops a Fallin' On My Head...

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Re: Raindrops a Fallin' On My Head...

Post by Vineda »

After a searching look at this wonderful water mare, Shamrock pulled a goofy face. He cocked his head to one side and stuck out his tongue, crossing his eyes as best he could. It was great to be himself, not worry about reining his goofiness in.

His mouth opened a little as he listened to their recent adventures, then turned his head to see Vineda perched on his back. Sounding just like a foal, he huffed.

"How come we never do anything interesting like that? Dragons??" He added this last part with a jealous tone that said 'really? come on! you get all the luck!' Then his tone turned slightly sulky. "Ah, but we do do plenty of chores, though..."

Vineda answered slightly indignatly. "Oh you just hush now. You make so many messes you'd think you wanted extra chores on top of the regular ones! I'm not the only one responsible for beginning adventures you know. Feel free if you're so bored."

The stallion disregarded this, perking up to say, "Oooh I love picnics!"

"Ha! Anything with food'll do for you, eh?" A chuckle and a shake of her head were cut short as the stallion gave another crooked grin and a vengeful extra bounce.

"No, not just food, miss smarty-lass. Picnics mean company as well, and the two go hand in hand."

He watched for just a second as the mare took off. Then, before his bonded got a chance at a retort he sprinted after her.

Vineda leaned low, putting her cheek on the side of Sham's warm neck and spreading her arms out to the sides. She reveled in the speed, closing her eyes as memories of a former life began cascading by.

His strides ate up the ground, short legs pumping like mad. It didn't take him too long to catch up to Sign, but instead of shooting past her he matched her rhythm. He tried not to lose himself in the wind rushing past or the springy ground he now swept over, mentally running through places he might share with his friends as they neared the willow.
And I don't know how To slow it down Oh, my mind's racing From chasing pirates.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Songhue reached up as they reached the willows, snatching a branch mid-gallop and swinging up into the very tops of the trees with a tinkling laugh. Sign laughed as well, jumping smoothly over a log and twisting in the air to land, rolling, on the side, snorting happily as she wriggled in the dew-dampened moss.

Greenery clung to her soft blue coat as she stood, positively beaming at Shamrock.

"While I be not one to run, this race has been such fun!"

"A runner you may not be, but oh how you glide upon the sea. And yon lime stallion of sweetest green, why he runs as before I've never seen."

Grinning impishly, the fae dashed to the top of another tree, her bare feet landing lightly upon the tender branches so high off the ground.

"Friends are made when one lives long, traveling upon the star's songs."

"Friends are made when one lives short, reveling in games and sport."

"Dragons have so colored your mind, oh fae what has the tongue which binds."

"This fae has also colored thine, for such speech thou uses is mine."

They both laughed, each of them looking towards their friends with merry, dancing, challenging eyes, daring them to enter this play and enjoy the day as it was.

"Where to now," Sign pranced, keeping an ear cocked towards her bonded as she turned her vibrant purple orbs towards the stallion and girl. "The rains fall sweetly here, dripping down the weeping branches, tickling my back and withers. Still, I find myself wondering what might be passing through your minds - where do you wish to be? Swimming with dragons in the seas, dancing with a phoenix in the sky, chasing the stars and singing with wind? Or perhaps just a dry knoll covered in sweet tender grasses. Where, dear Shamrock, fair Vineda, tell me where that we might be off!"

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

OOC| I'm soooo sorry for the wait shiney >.< School has officially started, so my replies will prolly be less lengthy but I try to make sure I keep 'em coming! :P

BIC| Shamrock checked his stride and rounded on Sign, reaching over to tickle her sides with a chuckle. Vineda simply clung to his back and waited, not wanting to get in the way of the prancing.

I know not where to lead, Oh Sign
My nose shall lead ever to glades of grass and pine
Dancing with fairies amid deep forest green
Always a favorite of mine has been.
Your favorite I'll wager, would be the sea
Amid rolling waves you'll be most free.
I'll share my sea this morn
And this afternoon perhaps we'll see yourn!

With this he took off in a smooth canter, circling the willow leaves and grinning, knowing he'd not have long to wait for Sign to catch him.
Last edited by Vineda on Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

OOC| No worries at all! I need to poke someone about another thread any way. :3

BIC| She laughed - oh how she laughed! Shamrock was no amateur to this game, that was most certain. He tickled, he rhymed, he raced, oh he was a brother in all but blood it seemed.

Beaming, Sign tore off after him, barely noticing the weight of her bonded as the strangling pounced from the trees onto her back. Sign kept on Shamrock's withers, nipping at his mane in a rather teasing manner as she was eager to see his green 'sea.' Songhue simply glanced to the side, looking at Vineda with laughing, wild eyes, ancient and free.

The race was begun anew!

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

Just as Sham looked back for Sign, he felt a tugging on his mane and there she was at his side. He romped and bucked, huffing and putting some prace in his step. Vineda opened her own eyes and grinned at her fae friend's joy.

Land seemed to flow by so easily with this play, and before he knew it the land began to slope. The stallion dropped down to a trot, then an animated head-bobbing walk, snorting and shaking his head in play. He knew they would reach the top and be able to see the fields of tall grasses and wildflowers. There wasn't a whole lot of wind, but it should be enough. He was so excited to share this with Sign; he thought she'd really like it, but she probably saw land seas often enough. She and the fae seemed... well traveled at the least.

Just as they reached the top, he jumped around to face the water mare with a flourishy bow of sorts. "Ta-da! I present to you, Miladies Sign, Songhue, and Vineda, one of my favorite places! It can get really cold when the wind is strong, though..." He waited a little nervously, hoping his surprise was a good one.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Sign felt her jaw drop and stood that way for a long moment. The winds rustled the grasses far beneath, making them shift and churn as waves of water. She felt she could see for forever. It almost seemed the earth was drowning in an endless expanse of rumbling grasses, the winds crashing upwards to tug gently at her mane.

Songhue took the moment to dip her head in approval, wings flitting ever so slightly. This was no strange sight to her, yet she always found joy in such a scene. Every blade of grass was life - growing, needing, dancing for as far as the eye could see. Even her eye.

Thou hast done well in thine travels, Shamrock.

That made Sign blink herself out of her stupor. Most of the time the strangeling tried to cover her odd speech, downplaying her accent. She never heard her speak naturally before.

It's official. You two simply rock.

And y'all feel strife over lack of jesting with dragons or dancing with a star.

Have you run it?

Aye! Hast thou raced the winds upon the green seas?