Tired Wings

For non-Serian roleplaying (Persona RP and Fanfiction)
The mists around the mountains clear to reveal in their center a ring of stones, an easy landmark for travelers to gather.

Moderator: Tigress

Foxyfireswings
Leader
Leader

Tired Wings

Post by Foxyfireswings »

: I guess this will be my first RP :D :

The morning air was calm as Angel glided in the sky, surveying the land beneath her wings. High mountains and green valleys rested in the distance, a large stream stretched and curved around a small valley, just beyond the stream was a ring of stones, curious, and thirsty she decided to stop and explore a bit. She had been flying all night, her wings felt heavy and worn, she glided to a running halt, and started walking toward the stream. The soft green grass felt good under her paws and as the sun crested over the top of the mountain her bright crimson colored fur simmered under its light. Stopping as she reached the water, she lowered her muzzle to take a drink from the stream, the water tasted cool and fresh. Raising her muzzle, and sniffing the air, she caught the scent others in the distance, but sensing no danger or threat she decided to lay down and rest awhile. Laying her head down on her paws, she sighed in content and closed her eyes.

Each day is a gift and not a given right.

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Re: Tired Wings

Post by Vineda »

Yay! ^^

Vineda sat perched in a nearby tree, nearly purring with satisfaction at going unnoticed. She was in her cat form, one of her favorites. Though she'd long been waiting to meet new friends, weariness was something she recognized and understood. She contented herself with watching as she let the fox-like thing sleep, cat napping herself in the sun and waiting for something interesting to happen. Usually where there was one, others would come as well.
And I don't know how To slow it down Oh, my mind's racing From chasing pirates.

Foxyfireswings
Leader
Leader

Post by Foxyfireswings »

It was way past noon when Angel finally woke, rising she shook out her fur and took another drink from the stream. Her belly rumbled and hunger pangs began to overwhelm her. "I must hunt soon." she thought to herself, raising her muzzle to see if she could sniff out some small game, she noticed the air had a static feel to it and the wind had changed, looking to the sky she saw a dark cloud approaching, thunder rumbled the ground beneath her paws.

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

Small feline nose twitching, she felt the static in the air as well. A storm well on its way, and she ignored the nagging inclination to seek shelter. A storm sounded just right for her mood today. She watched this other curiously, wondering at where she'd come from. She was a bit surprised no others had come, but perhaps they sensed the storm.

She stood and stretched feline limbs, a natural enough action. But as she stretched she grew larger and her coat grew darker, until she took on a panther's shape. For a moment she considered jumping down immediately, but she thought better of it and decided to talk to this newcomer first. She climbed down to the lower branches, a short jump down to the ground and sat.

"Greetings! And merry meet, stranger! Might I ask your name, that we may remain strangers no longer?"

She hoped this other had shelter nearby, or that she didn't mind getting caught in the approaching storm. She minded not at all, but there were others who might not find it as appealing as she did herself.

Foxyfireswings
Leader
Leader

Post by Foxyfireswings »

Startled by the voice, Angel spun, tailed raised in threat and wings stretched out, ready to strike if necessary. Lighting flashed by the tree the dark figure sat, lighting the darkening area up for a split second, the welcome registered in her mind as she tried to calm her nerves, her wings fluttered with uncertainty as she let her tail fall, and her wings tuck back. Stepping forward she peered up at the creature and noticed that it was a large panther, the wind picked up ruffling her fur, relaxing she replied, "Thank you for the welcome, my birth name is Fire Heart, but I now call myself Angel, might I ask who you are?" The sky above them rumbled, as small water droplets began to fall.

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

Seeing the figure relax, she knew she could now approach. Keeping her panther shape, she jumped from the tree with a small under-her-breath yowl as the lightning flashed particularly close. Small feline ears flicked as the water droplets flicked down around her.

"Nice to meet you, Angel. I am called Vineda by those of this land. I'm a bit of a shapeshifter, so I often hold different forms. So..." She looked again at the beautiful wings, wondering if the rainwater would harm their ability for flight. "What brings you out on a stormy day such as this? You're not lost, are you?"

Another feline stretch followed her words and her blue eyes, unusual for a panther but true to her original form, sparkled. Storms made her feel so alive!