Designing A Serian Website Mainpage

Ask away~!

Moderator: Tigress

waterlily
Leader
Leader

Designing A Serian Website Mainpage

Post by waterlily »

One has purchased the domain serians.net (the .com belongs to some french website :x ). One needs help in designing the main-page for this site which can be very simple. One will be using a sub-domain (waterlily.serians.net) for his Serian home. One would like to extend this to anyone else who wants a safe and advertisement-free place to call home for their Serians. One can offer as many sub-domains as he likes.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Re: Designing A Serian Website Mainpage

Post by Songhue »

You are a highly generous genius. :heart:

Did you have any particular idea or theme in mind for the main page? A blurb thing (like found on my site), an image (such as here), anything else? Is there an idea you have to help tie in all the sub-domains that can be used?

waterlily
Leader
Leader

Post by waterlily »

Generosity is good for Karma. Genius. *blushes* Oh stop.

That is what One needed help with. One wants the main-page to be a portal of sorts to all the lands that will be hosted there. One figures a generic mystical/fantasy theme would work with just a simple paragraph describing what the site is for Serians. One would then provide a link back to Sionayra and then link to the individual homelands (sub-domains).

One did not have any ideas of a common theme among sub-domains, but is open to suggestions. This will be your home (you guys and gals), so we can make it whatever you want.

Foxxfyre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Foxxfyre »

That's very kind of you :) It's really cool to see someone who is relatively new to the site have such great enthusiasm for it!!
Sa souvreya niende misain ye... I am lost in my own mind.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Well, one possibility is a map, with various parts linking to various sub-domains. I could do that for you easily enough on photoshop, actually. You could name the parts according to the ones who have the domains (and either use the title of their lands, like I have Sunlit Shadows, or simply say Songhue's Realm, either or) and have those clickable, along with a little tale blurb underneath it explaining things and wrapping up the history and fantasy theme.

The map can of course be changed, altered and grown as is needed.

waterlily
Leader
Leader

Post by waterlily »

One has a very addictive personality. This is a great way for One to focus his energy and thoughts. And One really likes the people he has met so far. :D

A map is an excellent idea. One will do some brainstorming.