Rewrites?

Any non-Serian (visitor) is welcome here! Mainly for the Serians' Bonded to get together and chat about random topics, but there really are no rules besides being courteous ^_^

Moderator: Tigress

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Rewrites?

Post by Songhue »

Soo, it struck me as being time to rewrite everything - even the newly written stories for Flint and Hybrid. That happens, now and again, almost periodically, that everyone simply gets a brand new story. Sparkle and Path have each been rewritten at least a handful of times, Sign two or three, Darroch will get a brand new one as soon as he's grown (of course... If that wasn't going to be soo soon he'd get a new one now, as well) and the circle page for the Circle of Cherished Dreams has been rewritten at least once, maybe twice...

Which got me wondering - how often does everyone 'update' things? Even if there's no change, if things haven't really gone from one point to another with anyone, just getting a new/fresh perspective on it all and rewriting it?

Or would you just call me weird? xD

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Re: Rewrites?

Post by Vineda »

I do it fairly infrequently, but that's mostly due to time constraints and the everyday drain on energy/creativity... I'm hoping that i'll be able to redo or tweak most of my things over the next two weeks or so, but we'll see how that goes :lol:

And i'll call ya weird just cause i can xD :heart: and it's meant as a compliment, of course!
And I don't know how To slow it down Oh, my mind's racing From chasing pirates.

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

Hmm, That one time a while ago when I revamped my site was the first time since I joined ^_^; But I dont really write stories for my guys either, haha.

Foxxfyre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Foxxfyre »

I usually keep a very fluid "running tally" of things in my head, and then once they're written and finalized they're set in stone. The only exception to that rule seems to be the Tale of Sionayra, really, and that's because I subtly modify it to include more details as I come up with them >.>

I do sometimes want to go back and edit some of the cool ideas I had when I was younger and didn't know as many words to express the ideas I was trying to get out >_o
Sa souvreya niende misain ye... I am lost in my own mind.

Talia
Elder
Elder

Post by Talia »

I typically only do rewrites when:

a) I have access to high speed internet, because dialup frustrates me when I'm trying to update. :x

b) Have the time and the inspiration. With school, moving, jobs and such, I'll write things down as they come to me, but update things when I have the opportunity. :)

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

My rewrites usually happen whenever the last bit seems to have gone stale in some way. However long that takes... xD It usually takes me a while to rewrite everything, too, but in the end it's rather satisfying.

On a side note, Tal, your ava is AMAZING. <333