[What's My Story?]

Any non-Serian (visitor) is welcome here! Mainly for the Serians' Bonded to get together and chat about random topics, but there really are no rules besides being courteous ^_^

Moderator: Tigress

Tigress
Mod
Mod

[What's My Story?]

Post by Tigress »

Welcome to one of the longer-running events for the abandoned Serians! In this event, I will ask you to come up with the history of a few selected Serians. These can be funny histories, sad histories, exciting histories, anything and everything goes and will be judged based on creativity and how well it seems to suit the Serians. If you want to use your own Serians as part of it, you're more than welcome. If you'd like to use mine, I grant permission for all except Frostbite and LunarPrism, as they already have very developed histories ^^. Anyone else's, you will need to ask permission for.

Onto the Serians!

Polar
What do you have to say about the history of this mix of polar opposites?
Winner: Going back to the abandons pile :(.

Fancy
Well, she's pretty Fancy isn't she? Okay, bad joke, but tell me more about her.
Winner: Vineda!

Frolic
She has a mate and foals, I would like to see people apply only who intend to be active with Rainer, and Frolic's family :).
Winner: Songhue!

Closing date: March 22nd. This gives you about two weeks to work on entries. I'm not necessarily looking for an essay, quality over quantity as they say ;). Just try to really feel the characters, and show me what you think made them into the Serians they are today! <3

ANYONE may enter this, regardless of having recieved Serians from previous events ^^. Have fun guys!

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Re: What's My Story? [Abandons]

Post by Songhue »

This is amazing! Good luck to everyone. :)

Foxyfireswings
Leader
Leader

Post by Foxyfireswings »

YAY I love to write!!! *Runs off to brainstorm*
Each day is a gift and not a given right.

Tigress
Mod
Mod

Post by Tigress »

thanks for the enthusiasm, loves! I can't wait to see what you guys come up with. We have some amazing writers on here so I'm sure this'll be a tough call!

Talia
Elder
Elder

Post by Talia »

Hmm, sounds like something I'd be interested in doing. Great idea! :)

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

*takes a deeep breath* Alright.. Giving this a shot (yes, early, can't stay away - this is just too good a competition!)

For Polar, may she enjoy it..

History is a strange thing to consider. Though her mind was usually quiet, listening to things that couldn't be heard, this history would rise now and again for contemplation. It was indeed a strange thing, as it, like herself, was neither one nor the other, but both; it was not good and it was not bad. It simply was.

She was always a solitary creature. More than content to remain in the dark shadows of moonlit nights, watching the owls glide silently as the bush babies blinked slowly within their trees, she was not a creature that sought the presence of many others. She was cautious, wary, watching that nothing was given the chance to use her own shadows to betray her - but she was not scared. She was not skiddish. She was not one who often knew fear, if ever; at worst she could be called guarded.

She had gone out, once, into the land of light where the others gathered. Even within her shadows she preferred her solitude, merely watching the others that moved within the darkness. But every now and then, rarely, she would feel an urge to go into the land of light and look around, or to approach another through the shadows. Only when she felt up to it. When the mood struck her.

She didn't shun company. She was not cold and unfriendly, merely hidden. It had always been this way - the balance of a warm heart and cool mind, where she would keep her own distance and yet welcome the occasional visitor.

Most of the time. There were some moments where she simply did not feel like tolerating the presence of any others. She would rest within the deepest shadows, watching and listening, until the urge passed; however long that may be.

And yet...

And yet, even on those days, where she was the most solitary, she would welcome that one that would bond with her. She still loved, she still smiled quite readily when she was adjusted and comfortable. She still enjoyed playing games that tested her mind, puzzles and riddles and at times, if she was particularly antisocial and a creature refused to leave her alone, playing games with others minds. She still, even then, would appreciate the understanding smile of one who loved and cared for her.

She had had this, once. The one that bonded with her, that understood her readily and allowed her the various moods of her nature. Someone who left her to her peaceful shadows, visiting every once in a while and always present in her heart. A strong connection that gave her a companion at all times, never truly leaving her on her very own.

It was no longer like that. Her bonded had stopped visiting and she felt the connection weakening, felt the ties being broken as she was abandoned. It was a sad thing, but it was not terrible. She could happily spend her time in the shadows, waiting, watching, at times judging and at others understanding. Someone would come; they always did. When it felt right, when the mood struck her, she would approach one. And she would have the link to lands with light, where the others gathered, if she should wish to once again take a look around. She would have a companion with her, always, even while alone.

For the moment, she was simply waiting. Watching. Wary, as she looked out of the curtain of darkness with vibrant crimson eyes. Which of these strange, social creatures that passed by would strike the right feeling within her - which one would turn to look into the burning eyes within the shadows without fear.

Well, that was another issue entirely. It moved from history to what lay ahead of her - but of course what lay ahead was unknown, covered in pitch darkness. This wasn't a good thing, nor was it a bad thing; it just was. She was comfortable with the shadows that veiled not only herself, but everything around her, keeping her mind sharp as she took note of what details she could; scents, sounds, the way the air tasted, the smoothness of bark on a nearby tree. She could just as easily accept the darkness in her future.

It was these shadows that lay behind her that caught at her mind, puzzled her. The previous bonded had simply wandered away; vanished, into the land of light, where the sounds were loud and the actions bold. This was not a good thing, as it left her without the bond of companion, yet it was not bad either as she would rather be left in the shadows than pulled into that land forever. It was not bad as she was still comfortable on her own, nothing more than a flash of white and deep purple in the sheltering shadows. She did not need much; she never had. Though she missed the visits of one that shared the bond with her.

Like the embracing darkness, it all simply was.