[What's My Story?]

Any non-Serian (visitor) is welcome here! Mainly for the Serians' Bonded to get together and chat about random topics, but there really are no rules besides being courteous ^_^

Moderator: Tigress

Kyra
Elder
Elder

Re: What's My Story? [Abandons]

Post by Kyra »

I will give this a whirl, will be writing it this weekend when Quantum Physics and Calculus are not making my brain hurt lol.
I need a new image holder...lol

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

I'll give it a shot with Fancy; I hope she finds it acceptable... :stress:

Fancy nearly stomped a hoof, but thought better of it. No need to send mud and dirt flying every which way, especially not with her coat and wings newly cleaned! Out of hiding indeed, she thought scathingly. Rumors were flying about rebonding and it was about enough to make her tail curl... Which it was doing very nicely anyhow, she noted with satisfaction.

Now was her time to shine. Word was there were possible bond-mates out and about she was sure to make them look at least twice! She thrived on attention, and there had to be the right one out there... the one who would Love her. The one to Bond with. It had to be right this time. Her skin nearly twitched at this thought, and she decided to let it. It would make her coat markings take on a life of their own. The swirls would dance before others' eyes, and the lovely shading of her pink and purple coat would seem to shimmer in the dim light...

Fancy stopped a moment to consider. The old bond's dimming was painful, and it left her with a dilemma when all this new-bonded business came about. She had to fight to hold herself still as thoughts darted to dark corners she'd taught herself to avoid. She refused to run from the thoughts! She'd done so for too long already. The memories there were downright heartbreaking, but so very tantalizing... A moment of weakness and she was instantly remembering.

Being bonded properly had been wonderful! Through the bond, she'd been able to physically feel the love of her bonded, making her feel so safe and wanted and cared for. There'd been fun things to do with her bonded... trips to the beach, picnics, outings to meet other bondeds. She could show herself off with the best of them, but when she'd bonded, the showing off didn't seem quite as necessary. It became more for fun, more of a game. Not something she had to do to gain others' love and admiration... the thought wound its way through her angrily, leaving a bitter taste until she could stand it no longer. Long elegant legs moved swiftly forward into a fast walk, taking her farther from hiding. Keeping herself from breaking into a run was about the best she could do for the moment.

For she'd opened the floodgates now, and there was no going back. Memory couldn't be repressed forever. Her mind stubbornly replayed how the connection had weakened and weakened until she'd thought there was no worse feeling. That was until she felt the final snap of it breaking entirely, leaving her utterly alone in the world. The purple mare wound through thinning trees now, barely seeing as the memory she'd avoided so long came crashing back. The rift that had opened inside her was just too big, too dark. She'd fled, retreated to dark corners to focus on holding herself together.

Some murmured about the uselessness of bonding again, or the stupidity. They could call her a drama queen, a needy girl; they could say whatever they wanted. At this point she just really didn't want to live with the chasm that had opened up inside as the bond frayed. Maybe this time would be different. A large sigh escaped her, only slightly overdramatic, and she shook herself out of such thoughts.

There were other, better things to focus on. Awareness of her body, of her surroundings, of the details finally returned - how her short mane ruffled in the breeze, how the designs on her hide danced as she moved, how her polished hooves shone in the strengthening light. She slowed, stepping forward with a new confidence, putting just the right amount of sway in her walk, holding her head just so. Fancy unfurled her wings, knowing they'd be striking in their lightness against her darker coat. A smile -just the right mix of coy and innocent sweetness- graced her lips as she headed for the more frequented lands, playing a game she was oh so well practiced at. Today, I shall catch myself a bonded.

:bubbles:
Last edited by Vineda on Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And I don't know how To slow it down Oh, my mind's racing From chasing pirates.

Talia
Elder
Elder

Post by Talia »

Great entries you two! Good luck to everyone! :heart:

SunBlind
Leader
Leader

Post by SunBlind »

Can we have one entry per Serian (not that I think I'll have time to write three entries but better than writing three and finding out I was only allowed one!)

^_^

Tigress
Mod
Mod

Post by Tigress »

Yes, I forgot to add that you may enter as many as you like :)

Tigress
Mod
Mod

Re: [What's My Story?]

Post by Tigress »

I love the entries so far, but just a reminder that there are only 4 days remaining on this! I will not accept any entries past 11:59PM board time on the 22nd ^^. In the event that only one entry is given, the Serian will automatically go to that person provided that the history suits them, if not, they'll just reappear in a later contest ;). In the event of no entries, they just go back to the abandoned pile :(.