New Years Surprise! Memories~

Any non-Serian (visitor) is welcome here! Mainly for the Serians' Bonded to get together and chat about random topics, but there really are no rules besides being courteous ^_^

Moderator: Tigress

Keira
Elder
Elder

Re: New Years Surprise! Memories~

Post by Keira »

Well anyone here is welcome to find me on facebook or yahoo messanger.

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

I don't think I ever found you on either one, though I'd love to ^.^
And I don't know how To slow it down Oh, my mind's racing From chasing pirates.

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

There are many favourites... To name only a few, hehe ^^; First I would like to say a giant thank you to everyone, especially Foxx.
I probably wouldn't be who I am today if not for the experiences here.

First and foremost was receiving Arch as my first serian. I had discovered the site through some cards I had gotten as an addition to some breed profile cards I got in a package, wandered on in and set up an account. It took a little while, but after sticking around I finally got him in a monthly adoption, if I remember correctly.. It's been so long ^^; It was so exciting to see his picture ready for me, and then figuring out freewebs and tripod was an experience in a half...

Probably the most memorable would be SaphireSpin though... She came to me at a very dark time, when I was in an unhealthy relationship and being used.. I kind of had the mindframe of "this is it for my life" and never really spoke up for myself. Creating her personality allowed me to sort of start to create myself, and discover who I was and who I wanted to be, through projecting her. Which is why I pull her out of my pocket so often, because she's sort of become a representation of myself, and all the stages she went through helped me kinda keep my chin up and realize it doesn't have to be this way.

I'm here now in another dark stage... My guardian is slowly passing away from cancer, and being harrassed at work caused me to quit (management sucked as well). This place allows me to kinda crawl out of my shell since I can't really afford to escape to the barn anymore, bought a Jimmy but can't afford gas! Adding to the worries and wanting me to yank my hair out some days...
It's easy to get lost here, and forget a lot of things... Even if only for a little while.

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

I getchya Rainer! :heart: I feel like in connecting with serians we are able to represent ourselves or parts of ourselves. Shamrock I've always seen as a st. Patty's day leprechaun sorta guy with a good side, and his tricks and good spirit have helped me open up through being super shy and unable to function and ineract with people. Talon as well, though more because of his shyness and opening up process. Playing here has helped give me a basis and relax a teeny bit with people. And an escape helps give you something to look forward to, and something to say wellp, I've still got Sionayra to go back to...

Thanks so much for sharing Rain! I'm so glad this place could help you when times have been dark!

Foxxfyre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Foxxfyre »

You all are so absolutely amazing, you have me tearing up! You have no idea how much I love and appreciate all of these stories, they're truly inspiring. Not that I'm competing, but I have to say my greatest memory of this website was the moment I realized that the site was more than just a momentary market stall along the adoption trail, and that the people that had adopted Serians were genuinely some of the most kind, warm-hearted, creative, and generous people I had ever met in my life.

So I suppose it wasn't really a single memory... it was more of an accumulation of memories resulting in a realization, but that realization is one of my most treasured thoughts. Every time I feel overwhelmed in life, I have that to fall back on. It's my motivation to keep sketching Serians during office meetings, family reunions, on the Macaroni Grill tables... because even if I don't have time to color now, I'll make sure that I can have that time later, and when I finally get that time, I want to use it making everyone here happy ^^ Every time life swamps me, I find the strength to get it all under control in order to come back here because you all make me want to with all my heart. I absolutely LOVE seeing someone go nuts over a new Serian, and I feel honored every time I read someone's RP, because they are all so lovingly written.

So thank you all ^^ For being who you are. You truly inspire me to be a better person, and my words are a poor substitute for what I wish I knew how to express to you all.
Sa souvreya niende misain ye... I am lost in my own mind.

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

*warm-hearted glee* :heart: