To-Do List And Happy Holidays ^^

What I'm currently working on, and what has just been finished. Suggestions welcome!

Moderator: Tigress

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Re: To-Do List And Happy Holidays ^^

Post by Rainer »

Fascinating :) I'm assuming you use one of those pads you can draw on and it shows up on your program? I'm not totally sure what it's called ^^; How many hours roughly does it take you to do a basic Serian? And do you know which one's taken you the longest/shortest since your first serian?

Kyra
Elder
Elder

Post by Kyra »

Wow I can not wait to see her!^^

Also wow so many steps. I play with gimp from time to time but layers and I do not mix, I seem never to get on layer to show up or lose one. lol Its really amazing your horse drawing skills and computer art!^^

Orcas and certain pose dolphins are the only ones I can draw well.
I need a new image holder...lol

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Tablet is the word you need, Rainer. :)

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

Thats the one! ehehe, thaanks :lol:

Foxxfyre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Foxxfyre »

Yup, I use a Wacom Tablet ^^ They're pretty cool, you can easily see the difference it makes in computer editing because that's when Serians started getting shaded XD

As for length... it all really depends on a few things, like how many tiny details it has, whether or not it has a texture in the bkg (like Ether, hehe) and whether it has special effects like Phantom. Wings take -forever- though, because I have to put all those feather shadows in.

In general, though... for a basic Serian it takes me about 30 minutes to an hour to draw the outline, and then scanning it and cleaning it etc. takes about another 30 minutes or so... then the blending takes about an hour, shading the eye takes about 5 minutes, and shading the body takes about 30 minutes, and the mane and tail take 30 minutes to an hour depending on how long they are.

Umm... I can't say for sure which one took the longest, but some of the ones that took a ridiculously long time are Moonwing and Prophet from the front page, Phantom, Isis, Rein, LunarPrism, Trace, Sign, Confetti, Pixie, Haunting Spirit, etc.
Sa souvreya niende misain ye... I am lost in my own mind.

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

Oh wow.. Thats so cool ^^ How did you get into making them?