About Spammers

What I'm currently working on, and what has just been finished. Suggestions welcome!

Moderator: Tigress

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Re: About Spammers

Post by Songhue »

*dies laughing* I have to give one of them credit for creativity in getting around the limits. Pickle enlargement! Really! :lol:

Foxxfyre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Foxxfyre »

Yeah.... I just banned Italy, window, pickle, and a bunch of german words that seemed to happen a lot :P Oh, and enlargement. I can't believe I haven't had to ban that one earlier!
Sa souvreya niende misain ye... I am lost in my own mind.

SunBlind
Leader
Leader

Post by SunBlind »

Pickle enlargement? ROFL Missed seeing that one, that's pretty good.

SunBlind
Leader
Leader

Post by SunBlind »

Is there any way to make it harder for someone to sign up to the site? As I've obviously haven't tried to register lately, maybe you have some sort of captcha mechanism it will stop spammers from being able to register in the first place. Seeing the number of birthdays today I figure you've got a trunk load of new users signing up each day.

Foxxfyre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Foxxfyre »

Yeah... I have a Captcha, but it's not keeping people out >< The mod I used to use, which asks a question like "what color is the sky" worked pretty well, but it's all bugged out with the new forum version >< Hopefully I can update that, though, and fix this silly user issue.

Actually, it's been a few months since I checked on that mod... lemme go do that now ^^

Foxxfyre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Foxxfyre »

Hmm, apparently I need to completely update the forums in order to maybe get the Q&A working >< I think I'm going to put it off for a while ^^;