Restless Energy *open*

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Keira
Elder
Elder

Restless Energy *open*

Post by Keira »

Bite shifted restlessly wanting some sort of entertainment or excitement to come her way. Having a warrior spirit she always seemed restless and needing something to do but lately it had begun to get worse. She guessed one good thing that had come from being abandoned was that she had been to shocked and confused to need constant action. Now that she was bonded again, however, the restlessness was returning with the acceptance and realationship she had found with her new bondeds and bond mates. Well all but one bond mate at least.

Glancing around the open field she decided to get some energy out and began to run. Spining and kicking she went in circles, eventually laughing out loud to herself. Enjoying the feel of the sun on her back and being active again.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Re: Restless Energy *open*

Post by Songhue »

Oh, he was in a bitter mood. Bitter as the most sour lemon left in the sun! Just who did that Strangeling think she was, kicking him out on his tail that way? Hmph. He was perfectly fond of his overgrown, scratch-claw brush forest and had absolutely no desire to leave it. Just because he had decided to give bonding another chance didn't mean he had forgiven the world for being so cruel to him in the fist place...

And perfect, now that he was here look who he saw; some great green girl up ahead. With the scales and odd tail she reminded him quite a bit of Hybrid. He had to smirk at the concept of the two of them having foals; those would be some horrendously strange looking creatures, all scaled and green with claws and manes. Too bad the fool was head over hooves for some beauty that didn't even know he was alive.

Then again, Thorn had to admit the leathery-scale-hide looked a fair bit better on the green mare prancing and laughing in front of him. Actually, with her slender, solid looking limbs and frame she was quite appealing and rather feminine. How did she get such power and speed in her movements? Each buck looked like the regal bite of a great snake.

He wouldn't be surprised if she had a massive pair of fangs to match - and oh, she laughed, yup, he saw them. Fangs.

BIG ones.

Do you have a bee in your tail or is this a normal fit for you?

This could be fun. It'd been too long since he had a good sense of danger to roughen things up. For that matter, if she wanted to run about maybe he could give her something to chase besides her shadow.

On the other hoof, beautiful faces did not denote acceptable company. She might be a stuck up prude. To put it mildly, at least; few knew how to curse like Thorn. So far he was content to wait and see if she were a prude at worst.

Her loss, in that case. If she were he would easily think of a few other choice names for her, though it was doubtful he would be thick enough to tell her. He did rather like his hide in one piece and even his protective spine of thorns wouldn't do much good against that sort of agility.

Keira
Elder
Elder

Post by Keira »

Bite came up short, her breath coming in gasps and heart slamming inside her chest. She had been totally oblivious to anyone else around until she heard someone speak almost at the same time she saw him. Slowing to a stop her ears drew back in reflex as she was used to having to be on the defense around most others. Her new bonded had been working with her on being more open and she had thought she was doing better. Of course she thought that when she hadn't been meeting anyone new. No, apparently old habits really did die hard. With a deep breath she straightend her ears and took a few steps towards this new serian.

His appearance was somewhat rough like her own which comforted he a great deal and made it easier to respond. "Well a little of both I suppose. I do love getting energy out but I can usually do it in controlled bursts. Today seemed to nice a day for control though" she managed to give a slight smile and a playful flick of her tail as she came to a stop halfway to him.

There. No matter how this stranger reacted to her she could be proud of herself. She had stayed calm, politely responded, and had even moved toward him to show that she was willing to further the conversation if he so chose.

Unsure of what it was about this serian that intruiged her so, she was suddenly in quite the playfull mood.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Okay, she wasn't half bad. In fact...

I do the same. For me the control is a bit different, but the principle is the same.

For Thorn, his method of releasing what got pent up was by skidding headfirst down a massive hill coated with thorn-brush and dead ferns. It required the use of every muscle in his body to keep a tight enough control on his wild plunge to avert a rather serious collision.

I can think of a few other ways to get out controlled energy if you have any left. Though a few depend on rather you're cold-blooded or not.

But not tag. He simply hated that game.

She was... Different. The way she held herself bespoke of battles and hardships. Yet there was a reservation there as well. She hid something; but of course, everyone did.

There was also a slight spark; she wanted to play? Well perhaps he did, too.

You look like you could keep up, at least, which is more than I could say for most others. Then again it's hard not to notice such long legs. I would say looking impressive doesn't mean much, but it seems you have more than mere appearances in your favor.

Keira
Elder
Elder

Post by Keira »

OOC: Again, sorry about the shortness tonight but I didnt want to leave the thread hanging so I just did what I could :P

BIC:Shifting her weight to her other hoof Bite smiled, this was deffinatly getting intersting. Not quite what she had expected but yet somehow seemed to perfectly fit.

"Well I'm up for a challenge, but not exactly sure how cold blooded I am." Being completly honest with herself the use of the term cold blooded made her a little un-easy as she had a bit of a soft heart behind all that pissy armour but until something overt was implied she would simply see what he had in mind first. Who knew, maybe she would even make a friend (or at the very least an energetic outlet companion) out of this.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

He flicked an ear and allowed the faintest hint of a smirk to curve his lips, already picturing her skidding headlong down an icy slope. As appealing as he found the concept of releasing energy with her, he found that her answer proved to be of even greater interest.

She must have only just rebonded, to have forgotten such a thing of herself. Unless she suspected insult, although he doubted it. With fangs like that he had a hard time believing this mare would allow such a comment to go unchallenged, if she didn't simply take it as a compliment.

She was strong, that was for sure, and he had a feeling it might be in more ways than was physical.

The notion of having to watch his step irritated him, and yet he didn't shrug her off and walk on. She had captured his attention, for the moment at the least.

If you want a challenge I have just the thing. But if you find it hard to move I don't want to hear about it.

With that, he turned his head and motioned towards where the stream continued in the distance, lifting his tail slightly in a show of playfulness. This way. The water lets out in a series of falls that empty into a frozen lake. It's perfect.

It was a little bit of a walk but that was alright. When you had no wings, you got used to walking pretty quickly.

Besides, he would have to talk to her a little bit. She might not actually be up for the expert slope after all. Wouldn't that be a sight to see, one of those long legs broken? It'd leave him running faster than he ever had before.

I am Thorn, by the way. Most simply call me The Hermit.