Wandering

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Sethelu
Leader
Leader

Re: Wandering

Post by Sethelu »

Why don't you two have a race. Batsy suggested.

Why not? How about over to those bushes? On your mark. Get set. Go! And he galloped off as fast as he could.

Batsy smiled, then turned to the grizzly and asked So, next lesson? while leaning closer, giving her sister her full, undivided attention.
(\(\
( *.*)
o(")(")

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

A race? A rather simple idea, but she supposed it was sufficient enough. She was still rather restless as she adjusted to this new hardness in her heart.

On three they bolted - and within the first couple strides she about forgot that it was a race at all. She ran; hard, fast, her hooves kicking up dirt and grass alike, her breath coming out in grunting bursts as she poured herself into into the motions. It wasn't just a race by then; she seemed to be attacking the ground itself, attempting to eat it up as her legs devoured more and more of it with each stride.

Songhue shook her head, understanding flickering across her face as the green mare tore across the land as if she were about to be eaten. Everything was an attack for her now; as her bonded, the grizzly understood that perfectly well. Frolic couldn't do anything without going after it with all the new stone-like strength found in her simmering anger, the same way she couldn't let it go and merely relax. Not yet, not now. But at least the poor thing had finally moved passed hurting, bless her heart.

Turning back to the hanging fluff-feathered bat, she tilted her head and then ambled over to sit under the tree, leaning against the trunk and getting quite comfortable. With a contented sigh, she gave it a knock and took a large bite out of the fruit that fell in her lap - some odd form of mango.

You've given your True Name - or such a name as you know it - and not cautioned about the use of it, I see.

Sethelu
Leader
Leader

Post by Sethelu »

She gave a nervous chuckle, them answered, I didn't know it was a form of my true name. If I had I would have been a lot more cautious. And I only told Sunspot. She said, grasping at any straw for a lame excuse.

He was impressed as he watched her leave him, literally, in the dust. He was just stretching his legs. She was running like a predator was on her heels. Thus he reached the bushes long after her.

Wow! You sure are fast. Whoo, I don't know about you, but I need to catch my breath. He suddenly got a mischievous look on his face. What would you say if I challenged you to a riddle challenge? I tell you a riddle and you try to guess the answer. You tell me a riddle and I try to guess the answer?
(\(\
( *.*)
o(")(")

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Blinking back to herself, Frolic let out a sudden, almost barking laugh. A riddle challenge! Perhaps his bonded was Shine's sister, after all. The Strangeling certainly had a penchant for riddle games.

Thank you, and yes a riddle would be... A good game. I have one you may know: I steal your water to give you rain, make you cold and make you hot, grant you colors twice each turn, and bring you food and make it rot. What am I?

With that, she flopped in the grass and focused on trying to breathe through the stitch in her side.

----

Songhue grinned again; it was kind of cute the way the little bat fumbled, though she mostly stared and waited for her to quiet down enough to focus properly. She knew it made the little one nervous; it always made her nervous, and this time she couldn't much blame her. This was a case of a bear staring at a bat, after all.

While eating.

It's as close to one as you have right now, and you know that. It's the description of your core identity. Be careful what you say. Only trust those we bond to or who hold status as clan. Now then, on to your lesson...

She continued to stare, purposely lowering her voice to keep their words strictly between the two of them. And waited for what would either be the unavoidable question as to why she had changed her tone or else to direct the cub to do the same; observation skills would come later, with time, but that did not mean the little one would not benefit by having them continuously tested even now. It was slow progress yet it was expected; this was not the first cub she had cared for, nor would it likely be the last. Gods willing this would be far from the last.

Sethelu
Leader
Leader

Post by Sethelu »

That, exhausted one, would be the sun. Now here is your riddle. What has an eye, but cannot see? He said while laying down in front of her so they were face to face. He had decided to do a riddle about her affinity since she had done one about his.

She waited for her sister to begin the lesson. She loved lessons. Learning more about the realms and the elements and her species. Or maybe she just liked learning when her sister was teaching her. Either way she was excited.
(\(\
( *.*)
o(")(")

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Frolic tilted her head, thinking hard. It took her a little while, a bit of pondering. Finally, she perked up and piqued, That would be a storm! Your turn again; what stays dry in the water?

She grinned, sure she had stumped him this time. It was rather tricky, with the answer being their reflections, and one she had pondered over for weeks before the answer came to her.

Farther off Songhue finished the lesson, blew at the fluff on her fuzzy little head and then disappeared with a shimmer and a puff of wind. Frolic noticed but didn't think anything of it; her bonded was never really gone from her. They were a part of each other.