Life

Any non-Serian (visitor) is welcome here! Mainly for the Serians' Bonded to get together and chat about random topics, but there really are no rules besides being courteous ^_^

Moderator: Tigress

Kyra
Elder
Elder

Re: Life

Post by Kyra »

That is great to hear! PetSmart is a great place and you be around animals!

Sorry Moony and Song will be posting soon- just brain was not their. I have a part post saved on my comp just not completed. I think a weekend with friends is what I need and I am getting sat and mon!
I need a new image holder...lol

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

Congrats congrats! I hope you love it Songhue, and i'm sure they will be impressed with you! :) hounding them with apps really sold em, eh? XD

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Been dealing with my first week of training and starting work. Week's gone alright, til tonight, and that has nothing to do with work and everything to do with being back bunking with my mother.

Sometimes it's like we're great friends. Other times, I can't wait to move out again. Small doses are the best way to deal with this woman. >_<

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

that's especially difficult, when sometimes it's friends and other times... not so much. if i can construct a game plan to deal with one and stick with that i'm usually better off. when ya gotta be fluid and move between more than one stance... it's a challenge, to ne sure!

Talia
Elder
Elder

Post by Talia »

Congrats Song! *loves* Good to hear! Best of luck, and keep me in the loop <3

Had a bad week myself. Sorry, being a Debbie downer here. :( We had that one tragic incident with our foster kittens where we lost the whole litter and mom awhile back. I thought I'd recovered from that. It had been awhile. We had some more foster kittens and cats since then with no issues.

Well, we just recently got another group, and we had them for quite a few months. Really sweet babies. Anyone who has me on Facebook has surely seen a number of pictures of them. There was a mom and 4 kittens (all named after characters from the Hunger Games). My favourite, Finnick, just dropped dead the one day, and I was the one that came across his body. We found out that the whole group was infected with calici, a brutal feline virus. They probably picked it up from the shelter or other foster cats, and because the group we foster through doesn't vaccinate, they had no immunity to the disease. Luckily I vaccinate my own, but it resulted in one dead kitten and the rest needing hospitalization with no warning signs, all within less than 24 hours. Needless to say I'm no longer fostering. I can't handle losing animals. And I'm hyper sensitive about my own kitties. I rushed them all to the vet for a check up, even though all fosters are properly quarantined and have little contact with my own. Calici is airborne though, so it can affect others, and while I vaccinate, I find that vaccinating yearly is overkill, so I wanted to make sure their tighters were still high enough and got a booster for my youngest fur-baby. >_<

After that, my husband's grandmother went into renal failure and passed away. So the family's been a mess. His uncle just passed away not even a few months ago, so it's been hard (he was the MC at our wedding). On top of this a family friend fell the other day, broke her hip, and was rushed into surgery.

I'm done with issues. I would like a nice relaxing week now please? No one can die anymore.

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

Oh Tal, that's awful, i'm so sorry :( it's terrible how when it rains, it really pours. or in your case right now, torrential downpours...
It's incredible that you would do whole litters of fosters; I've only ever done 2 at a time, and that was a ton of work in and of itself! I take long breaks in between, too, or the stress gets to be a bit much. I sure hope the family friend recovers well. Sounds good to me, no more dying!