Life

Any non-Serian (visitor) is welcome here! Mainly for the Serians' Bonded to get together and chat about random topics, but there really are no rules besides being courteous ^_^

Moderator: Tigress

Krinlith
Leader
Leader

Re: Life

Post by Krinlith »

I learned a lesson yesterday. Sometimes life will clear out some things that have been with you a while in order to make room for newer things. I lost a friendship yesterday, it's certain now. It was due to a bunch of things that happened, and I could have done more to maintain the bonds of friendship properly, but alas, what's done is done. I hope what is to come brings with it newer bonds that won't be broken so easily. For now, all that I can do is try and move forward, and learn what I can from this experience.
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
-Groucho Marx

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

*snugs* Love you. And hey, the best friendships I've ever had were found here. I'm sure you're on your way to some beautiful new relationships; however hard losing someone close is, you've beautiful things to look forward to. <3

Krinlith
Leader
Leader

Post by Krinlith »

*snugs back* Yeah, I suppose so. Sometimes the deepest friendships are found when one least expects it.
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
-Groucho Marx

Keira
Elder
Elder

Post by Keira »

Quick update: First of all, yes I am still around, I have just stuck to lurking. Ok so I have been in and out of the doctors office/hospital and basically although the baby is fine, my body isn't handling pregnancy well and is throwing a temper tantrum. Most of which includes having a constant headache, lots of dizziness, and light headedness. Thus I haven't been able to post a reply. I promise Song and Tigs I have not forgotten about, I just cant concentrate on ANYTHING other than keeping myself and kids going. We're hoping this clears up soon and that its not the beginning phases of more serious complications. Thanks for your patience with me. Much loves :heart:

Kyra
Elder
Elder

Post by Kyra »

*hugs* Sorry to hear that. I hope it clears up soon too. That sounds horriable to go through. I wish you best of luck that is goes away soon, I be crossing my fingers for you
I need a new image holder...lol

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Good news is, I seem to have been bumped up from working 3 days a week to 4 - not a huge boost in money, but certainly needed. My finances (what little there are) are going to be massively drained upon completing this divorce.

Bad news is, each day I work I'm gone from home for a Loooong time. If I work a 2-9 shift I have to leave the house at 8 AM since we have just one car and there are errands to run at home while I work - which means I'm left chilling at Chick-Fil-A for X hours while waiting to work, then I get home at around ten and crash/someone else is on the laptop.

If I work opening, from 7-1, then I have to leave the house even earlier, but the good news is I should be picked up at around six or so rather than nine at night. By then everyone else is home as well and we're just as likely to use the computer for Doctor Who as we are to have someone else take their turn on it - such as Sethelu, so she can do her own posting/look for work.

In about a half an hour it's time to pick up the little sis, and I'll go for a walk for an hour when I do. Need to figure out how I'll be fitting that in on the days I work; I have a rough idea of it so I won't have to rely on a walking buddy to help with the dogs. I've a very old one that can only do a mile (which takes a half hour) and a younger one (by a couple years) that requires at least one hour's exercise a day (more than the older one can walk). I think I have a way around that which doesn't involve someone walking my old man for me and heading in before I do.

Which all boils down to - I promise I'm not ignoring anyone! Thorn and Frolic and AuraSidra will get their turns as well, I just can't get to it today most likely - if I'm lucky I might get in one more post when everyone gets home here pretty soon, or if I'm not too tired (as I slept in 'til 11) I can stay up a little after they all sleep and get something in, but none of it's guaranteed.

In other news, I'm a massive Whovian - it's pretty much the only thing I'm absolutely gonzo for (and I haven't been gonzo for anything since the last Harry Potter book). My mum heard of a place she could get special Doctor Who tickets to watch the 50th anniversary special in 3D, and since she didn't get paid 'til the day after/I give her a hundred a month any way she just had me pay for it - seventy bucks for tickets for everyone. I didn't mind, it's Doctor Who and I'm obsessed!

Except when I bought them, I had worked Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday regularly for a month and took it for granted that I would have that day off - a Monday. Instead, I worked - it was yesterday - and as I had overlooked having a fourth day last week I didn't dare ask off for the day on This week since I DO want the extra hours/don't want to mess up anything good that happens at work. Missing the special in 3D sucked - what sucked more is that while the day was booked/expected to be massively busy, it was absolutely DEAD. It was so quiet that by the time I clocked in, the rest of the groomers had left - only one stayed behind with me, seven others were out the door almost instantly. Typically they're paid commission - half of the fee for every dog they groom - but it was so dead that for that day they got paid hourly instead.

Which means... Drumroll, please!... I paid 68 bucks for tickets for everyone that I didn't get to use because I was 'busy' standing around finding busy work in a near-empty store all afternoon and sitting in a fast-food joint waiting for my shift to start all morning.

I am severely bummed.

'Course I'd be more bummed if not for this place, so it works out in the end. I've loved watching my mares discover themselves in the threads, and I get massively excited seeing others bond. :) I'm having a blast learning about AuraSidra too, and I'm on the edge of my seat when it comes to the Shining Sea Circle/ShadowStar/Galaxy thread. Might've missed out on seeing it in 3D, but I do still have this to look forward to and explore.

This Thanksgiving I'm also going to be spending at least a fair bit of time with my grandmother, who I have frankly disowned, because that's where my uncle will be and where we'll be giving back his dog that we've been sitting for a year - and I'm going to tell him exactly what he needs to do to take care of this dog because I absolutely love him. That he won't listen and will instead have the dog be a lawn ornament again I don't doubt, but if nothing else I will be there when he gets said dog in order to try and convey the sort of care he actually needs. It's all I can do. And he's such a good dog that I have to do at least that much.

And to wrap up I'd just like to take a moment to mourn the passing of my Nook, which has served me faithfully for longer than I care to think of - deceased via being caught in a rain storm. I was finally getting back to my Druidic studies to advance in my Grove and this happens. I'm really hoping that it's just the screen that's messed up and I can still salvage the files I added (not everything is synced via the BnN store, many are personal files), but I'm absolutely terrified to look. Still need to set up my Dog Training website too - help promote myself - and figure out a time I can get help compiling a resume so I can apply for my dream job (which, now that I'm actually getting somewhere at work now, I feel a little wary about doing - after being there for three months and finally getting settled proper it's going to be strange to be starting all over again somewhere new).

Plus I'm still touching up everyone's pages... I've only added to less than half so far. :out:

And sweet Arianrhod, that update took me twenty minutes. o.o I guess I've more going on these days than I'd really thought! Gotta dash - time to put on pants and bundle up to get the kid and take that walk.