Typhoon's Playtime

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Krinlith
Leader
Leader

Re: Typhoon's Playtime

Post by Krinlith »

Uh oh, the kid was gonna cry. What would her bonded do? He'd be all comforting and stuff, he was good at that. Maybe she could channel him a bit and try to help the shorty out. "Hey, hey! It's okay, just...take a deep breath," Typhoon said, draping a wing over Aura. "There's no need to put yourself in danger just to prove to people you're capable. You can talk however you want, and if anyone gives you trouble, you let me know, and I'll handle it. Cool?" she asked, giving Aura a soft grin. She neglected to mention to Aura that "handling it" meant she'd probably drown whoever it was, but the kid didn't need to know that. She'd probably flip. Plus, her bonded was a protective Warrior, he'd understand taking out people who mess with the innocent.
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
-Groucho Marx

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

She sniffled as the big mare talked, automatically snuggling deeper into the wing that was draped over her. Typhoon was nice; AuraSidra hadn't known that Warriors could be nice. Caustic was protective, but he was also pushy and rude and not all that bright if he thought she'd do whatever he told her to just because he said it. And not doing something stupid and dangerous (like falling into a mudhole) just to show someone up did sound pretty smart, since it basically meant don't be stupid.

Thanks, Ty, she sniffled, offering the kelpie mare a watery smile. I still wanna play in the water, but I guess sometimes I do need someone looking out for me. I'd be in trouble if you hadna shown up.

With that she let out a tiny sigh and leaned against the mare's legs, slightly disheartened even for the reassurance of knowing she could go to Typhoon to commiserate whenever someone gave her trouble. She was a tough little filly, but she wasn't really special; not if she actually did need all the protection that the grown ups were always offering.

Krinlith
Leader
Leader

Post by Krinlith »

"There's nothing wrong with having someone look out for you, it just means you're cared for. Remember, no one can do everything on their own. They all eventually need someone for something, and that's okay. Plus, you're young, and you're a precious thing. People look after you because you're important, kiddo," Typhoon said. She was a brave one, that much was obvious, but Typhoon knew she'd have to watch out for this little spitfire to make sure she wouldn't try to prove herself to others and end up getting hurt.
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
-Groucho Marx

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

She wrinkled her nose at being called precious, but she did lift her head a bit higher when Typhoon said she was important. She'd certainly never considered herself to be important but she wasn't at all against having her ego stroked.

And she had heard that everyone needed to help out when it came to these storms, whatever they were about; even their bonded couldn't handle that on her own. Or maybe she could but it would be a huge pain; she wasn't too sure, really. It all just came down to everyone needing to pitch in.

I might need someone sometimes, but not too much, she declared, giving her tail a saucy flick as she stepped forward to tackle the invisible trail through the soggy ground again. I can still essplore this place!

She didn't quite add 'on my own.' For all she knew she would need the backup again - but she could explore, even if she was being hauled out of the ground on a semi-regular basis.

Let's go! she squeaked, a touch of nervous excitement edging into her voice as she tried to dash forward, thinking to jump over a particularly soggy looking part and onto a log.

Krinlith
Leader
Leader

Post by Krinlith »

Typhoon was beginning to like this kid a lot. It'd be fun to tag along and see what happens (Plus, she needed a bodyguard, let's face it). "Mind if I tag along and explore with you? It's always more fun to explore with a friend, isn't it?" she asked. Typhoon didn't want to make it seem as though she was only there to protect Aura, so she didn't want to hurt Aura's feelings. She did like her spunkiness, so that was pretty easy to manage.
-Groucho Marx

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Acourse, she said, looking at Typhoon with honest surprise as she wobbled (rather uncertainly) on the log. I love to essplore - explore blast it! with friends, and it'd be really mean to just ditch you, especially as you just saved my neck. Besides, you're made for this place, so if anyone says what we do it's you. I can just ess-... Explore while we do it! she said brightly.

And with that she promptly faceplanted into the mud.

Again.