Adoption timer finally updated :)

What I'm currently working on, and what has just been finished. Suggestions welcome!

Moderator: Tigress

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Re: Adoption timer finally updated :)

Post by Vineda »

I wondered about that. My Adopt page doesn’t load, i get an error:

Not Found

The requested URL /adopt/accesserror.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

O.O

Maybe Songue can try it and see if she has any luck?

Oooooh I’m excited to hear the names! *squee*

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Lol, I'd already checked... Yesterday, I think it was, there was approximately 12 days til the midnight marker for the adoptions. Heheh... Heh... I'm not obsessive, really... <____<*

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

*grumble*
Then what’s with my page. Hmmmm. Tried it on mobile and computer and got the same result O.o used a different browser as well, same thing. All of my other links work ok when logged in except my contest page, i get the same error on that one.

Flummoxed i am.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

I just double checked again (in case it changed since I had last looked), and it still loads for me... 10 days, 15 hours, 57 minutes. So it hasn't gotten a magical coding problem (which does happen, trust me) in the last day or so. I would ask if you're sure of your login info, but you log in just fine and even if you hadn't, all that should do is fail to sign you in - you wouldn't get redirected to another page, just stay on the login screen with a little error notice. I forgot to caps my sign in name at first and got to test that aspect of it, too, so the failure to login error popping up still shouldn't glitch your whole page out. Which is irrelevant as you *do* sign in, it's just your adoption page. And I'm using chrome in mobile. I would ask about cache/cookie clearing, but using a browser you don't normally patronize should have bypassed that issue since you tried a different browser already.

Considering that the message you Are shown mentions an access error, I would tend to think it's taking issues while tying to tell you that you aren't staying signed in once you try to reach the adoption page (or at least can't get access for whatever reason) - then once again when trying to react to the first error.

That is literally just a "context clues" guess, though. Coding is math having an orgy with language, a demon, and a random drunk with a crayon. At least for me. I have heard that it actually likes some people well enough to cooperate... But I'm very much not one of the favored.

Foxxfyre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Foxxfyre »

Wow, I really need to revamp the site code >< The issue was that your account wasn't allowed to access the adoption form because some of the Abandoneds that you adopted still had their status as "Needs URL!". I updated the statuses so you should be able to see it now, but I really need to make that not just a hard error like it is. Hopefully I can get to that before the adoption day, but if someone is having issues, as long as they send me a message on adoption day I'll let them fill out the form later if needed :)

And yeah, coding is a bit of a hybrid beast for sure XD But it's really fun once you get the pure foundations for a few things like SQL, HTML, CSS, and JavaScript down :D At that point it becomes way more artistic :heart:

Now 3 are all set and waiting in the wings, working on a few more tonight! This is a -lot- faster~
Sa souvreya niende misain ye... I am lost in my own mind.

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

Magic!!! I can see it now, Huzzah!! ^.^

Thank you Foxx! That’s a lot of mumbo jumbo i know nothing at all about *puzzled*