Endless [Songhue!]

For Serian couples and more intimate RPing.
Willows surround a shaded vale, sheltering all within.
Tigress
Mod
Mod

Re: Endless [Songhue!]

Post by Tigress »

Verdant watched Nova's face carefully as she more or less translated what was going on for Shiro. She had thought she was being very plain but it was also pretty bold to openly flirt with the two she'd only just met. To Verdant Sky, a little coy banter was far from a promise of anything. She wanted to make her interest known, but she wouldn't force anything past that. If a spark was there, it would be there.

"I'm not in any rush to decide anything, I'm merely... curious." She smiled disarmingly, hoping to communicate that decisions didn't need to be made rashly. Patience was one of her virtues, thankfully. Rather, she enjoyed buildup and unraveling layers. This was just the start.

The two exchanged a look and Verdant continued to smile gently at them both. It was cute how they described each other, it lended some authenticity to the words since they had no reason to lie for one another. She knew it would be awkward to share about herself following that, but they could judge for themselves if her descriptions were accurate, as they continued to get to know each other more.

"You sound like you compliment each other well, I understand now why you look so close." She uncrossed and crossed the opposite leg over the other. Her eyes lifted to the sky thoughtfully, and she made a small "hm" in contemplation. After some time, she lowered her eyes and looked from the mare to the stallion.

"I would say I'm very passionate, I also don't have time for games and nuances and tend to be very direct. Nothing tried, nothing gained, right?" She smirked at Nova then, knowing full well that the mare would likely agree with that assessment.

"I feel a little out of place around the rest of my herd, though we're close the closeness isn't entirely what I desire. Most have formed bonds already that keep me distant from them. I'm not willing to negotiate on my needs and ideals, but I do also feel very lonely at times." For the first time there was a glimpse of vulnerability, her demeanor softened and she seemed less vibrant.

In an instant, another smile washed her expression clear, and while it may have seemed like she was sliding a mask into place, Verdant was just an interesting mish-mash of different aspects of her personality. One moment flirty, the next contemplative, and then sarcastic after that. It could make heads spin at times, trying to gauge exactly who she was.

As the two introduced a new name, she tilted her head in intrigue. "You seem to have an interesting web of connections, and the way you have such flexible romances does seem to have possibilities." She tapped one hoof on the rock absent-mindedly, trying to picture this Flint and Breeze.

"Flint, Breeze, I'd like to meet them as well. Though there's no hurry on that, or anything really. Unless they're expecting you to return promptly? I've been keeping you." She startled then, realizing that it would be a poor first impression to accidentally kidnap their mates and cause them unnecessary worry.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Re: Endless [Songhue!]

Post by Songhue »

I am touched by your consideration, and yet your concern is unfounded, Nova answered kindly. She wasn't the sort to add such terms of endearment as "sweetheart" or "my dear," and yet it was implied within the tone, heard in the warmth that laced her words. Given her voice, it seemed relatively impossible for her to be anything but warm; she could never reach a cold tone.

We came for a bit of a wander, Shiro elaborated, and flicked an ear towards his companion as he added She thought it might do me some good.

At almost the same time another voice reached them, floating across the air in the wake of a near-silent rustle through the brush.

I saw your signal. The others are coming.

My Lady Verdant, this is Flint. Flint, meet Verdant Sky. She wished to meet you, in order to get to know us all.

Shiro scrambled to his feet as the silver stallion approached, partly to rush over and greet him with a nuzzle, and partly out of respect. He wouldn't dream of ignoring his lover's entrance.

Nova remained reclined, although she did tilt one ear towards him to indicate that he shared her attention. She was the one who summoned him; there was no need to make a fuss over acknowledging that he came. As she led their group, he was bound to come, regardless.

And such an affair would have been irrelevant, regardless. The sharp lines of his body softened the instant Shiro nuzzled into him, the sparking edge of anger easing from his gaze. Love tamed him, but it was clear he was still quick to ignite.

When did I become your prize, to display at will? Flint asked, and shifted his gaze from Nova to arch a brow at Shiro. Shiro blinked, caught by surprise, and surprisingly smiled in response - the delicate stallion didn't seem hurt by the sudden aggression, but instead amused. Flint was a rough stallion; he knew that, and accepted it for what it was.

You have always been my prize, beloved, he answered, and kissed his mate's cheek. Flint smiled in turn, appreciative as he always was for the gently accepting nature of the one who had so suddenly and completely enthralled him.

The smile had gone by the time Shiro pulled away again, replaced by an assessing and frankly contemplative expression as he regarded Verdant Sky. Greetings, Sky. Shiro seems comfortable around you. As far as he was concerned, that was the most important factor. His Shiro would be a nervous wreck around those who were perpetually unhappy; the ones that were impossible to please in any way. Anyone that made Shiro uncomfortable would have a very hard time with Flint.

Another voice joined their gathering before he could say anything else (if he even knew what else to say), flowing over them at almost the exact same moment as Breeze floated in overhead. His hooves dipped rather close to Flint's ears, earning him a smirk from Flint and a twinkling smile from Shiro, yet he landed practically on top of Nova. He was nipping at the tufts of her mane even before he had fully touched ground. For him, she stood, nuzzling into his neck as he folded his thick wings with a nearly inaudible rustle.

What did you need, my love?

I would like you to meet someone, Nova answered, and gave his shoulder a gentle nudge as she directed him towards their new friend. This is Verdant Sky, a new friend.

Well how about that? Breeze beamed, and bowed to her with only his neck. It seems there really was just a little bit more patience needed for us to find a friend. It's a pleasure to meet you, especially as we've had little company for some time now. What brings you out this way, if I might ask?

Where's the Soldier? Flint cut in, and there was a sharp note of disapproval in his voice to match the scowl on his face. If he had to go and drag that stubborn stallion out yet again...

Breeze turned his head to answer, yet before he could speak there was a harsh clashing of thunder and Hybrid was standing directly behind Nova. The grass singed where he stood, withering into black ash, and lightning danced freely across is scales; he was done trying to hide, trying to appear normal. His skin glistened with the damp of storms, droplets racing over his prominent ribs as he stepped forward with a curious flick of his ears.

I saw your summons. What aid do you require, Glimmer? Unlike the others, his voice ground and broke, crackling in such a way that sounded painful. Flint spoke with a sharp richness, and Breeze held a soothing hum to his words; Hybrid sounded as if rocks were shredding his throat.

I hope to give aid, she answered, and there was a certain judgement, a certain realization to the way she lifted her head and regarded him. He had better not be lashing out in a pity-fit; this had better stick. There was a difference between finally achieving self-acceptance and simply screeching that one was a freak and destined for no better.

Hybrid narrowed his eyes, sparks flickering between his ears for a brief instant; then he smiled. It transformed his face, brought softness to the severity of his features, and gave his skeletal form life where there had been raw energy.

As you see fit, dear lady. What aid have you found for me, then?

Given in love, he didn't say, but she heard it anyway in the shape of him, in the softening of his smile and the way he relaxed his stance, and accepted with love. Nova looked after them, cared for them; he knew what she did for him, she did from that caring.

A friend, she answered, and smiled at Verdant Sky as she said once more Meet Verdant Sky. She wished to know each of us.