Ideas?

Any non-Serian (visitor) is welcome here! Mainly for the Serians' Bonded to get together and chat about random topics, but there really are no rules besides being courteous ^_^

Moderator: Tigress

SunBlind
Leader
Leader

Re: Ideas?

Post by SunBlind »

Oooh, Phantom of the Opera...could take that idea and go all gothic, you know Dracula, Werewolf, Frankenstein LOL

But of course right now my brain is thinking Christmasy thoughts, like sparkly and glittery things, icicles and snowflakes., holly and ivy and evergreens.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

WHISKERS.

We got plenty of kitties in here, but I can't recall any with a big whisker emphasis. Even a whiskey rat could work out - wouldn't it be hilarious if they paired up with a kitty?

Or even one that's just shaggy. Like, saint bernard shaggy. *pokes the fluffiness- I /think/ there's a horse under there?*

Or one that's based on an epelhant. Could have fun with skin textures with that one - not scaly, not fuzzy, leathery.

Or a shark!

OMGs A CRAB, DO CRABBY!

And still, frogs. ;) Always eager for frogs.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

So I was looking at Dragonfly and swooning (Unique wings and soft tones, plus imagine him with a redraw *drooooool*) when I suddenly remembered an idea I'd had and forgot to share.

What about poisons/toxins for a basis? Even a venom elemental, someone who can take the base components and rearrange them until your very blood is breaking down your flesh and with a little neurotoxin in there you can spike up some visions and paralysis to boot. Or, to be less precise, one who summons acidic pools of the most powerful venoms, the kind that eats at the flesh around the bite. Or creates acid rain, laying waste to entire plains. Or all of it.

What? I'm not morbid, you're morbid! >_>

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

I had the rather cliché thought of a nightmare, and suddenly realized it didn't have to be cliché. An elemental with control over fear would be able suppress it as well as instill it, and we've all met a cult or filly who could use a little spook to take an else's warning a bit more seriously. Maybe they've never known fear themselves, or maybe they got so frightened once themselves that something broke in them, or maybe they're scared of everything and make certain that nobody around them has to live that way by taking their fear as their own.

There's tons of ways to play with it, even conceptually. You could draw a literal nightmare; something grotesque and terrifying and possibly calling up thoughts of that deep sea angler fish that makes everyone both gag and shudder. Or you could make it look utterly terrified and exhausted, like it's been running for days without sleep. There's plenty of options.

It could be done with a whole range of emotions, too. Especially hubris and penance; the cause of the fall of the realm, and the source of what brought forth the creatures that might salvage it. Joy and lust, anger and love, sorrow and conviction, there's a nearly endless array of potential.