Enter Bridle...

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Talia
Elder
Elder

Post by Talia »

He led her back to Coral, clearly distressed at how he had chipped away at her tough exterior and made her so vunerable. He mentally made a vow that he would never do that to anyone ever again. He couldn't bear to see her torture and the pain in her eyes.

When they finally made it back to Coral, he looked about both of them sadly. Seating himself on his hindquarters, he glanced at both of them-so utterly different, like night and day. The fearless, dangerous warrioress with the soft exterior who rarely showed affection, and the sunny elegant dancer, who was always willing to show another what they meant. How could he choose? He cleared his throat, trying not to stall, but he was getting choked up.

"In the short time that I've know both of you, I've come to care for you both. I never expected this to happen. I never dreamt of it. When Talia found me, I was a disgruntled Stallion ready to pulverize anything that moved. I never could have imagined that each of you would take a place in my heart. It's for that reason, that I can't choose. Perhaps I'll grow old and never find a mate. It's probably for the better, because I can't imagine what life would be like without either one of you. It sounds silly, but I can't... I simply can't. But I won't allow any sacrifices either, even with the best intentions," he said, glancing quickly at Vapour. "I won't allow you to be hurt over me, nor will I allow myself to be parted from one of you in such a way. No, I think the only option for me is to leave now, as things are, and part with you both amicably...or semi-amicably I would hope at least." He inclined his head low, so low it almost resembled a bow, the one graceful move that he had shown thus far. "I must take my leave."

He trotted up to each one in turn, laying his head on their neck, and licking their muzzle. He tried not to look so forlorn, but he couldn't help himself. He couldn't help but think that they would never want to see him again.

"If I ever decide, or ever want to see one of you, just one of you, You'll be sure to hear me, and I'll be waiting... right in this very spot. I promise." With that he turned and galloped swiftly back the way he came, following the river back home. He never turned back. He, like Vapour, would never let them see him cry.

Cynther
Regular
Regular

Post by Cynther »

Coral stood, silent, and quite shocked.

"But... I... W..." she watched him leave, unable to speak. She frowned deeply and turned to Vapor.

"I suppose you understand more of what is going on than I do?" she paused. "I want you to know that I don't blame you for what just went on, by the way. I like you," she nodded her head.
I am the Amused Bobbin!

Tigress
Mod
Mod

Post by Tigress »

Vapor followed him with her mind, wondering what could have made him do that?! How dare he sacrifice HIS happiness just so that they would not quarrel over his affections. He knew this was hurting them badly, why had he chosen to leave like that. No... that's not how it was meant to be.. She tried to talk to him as he ran, granting him the privacy for his tears, the thing she had been denied.

"No, Bridle. This is unfair. I do not ask you to choose... but perhaps there is a way to have both of us with you. I will not let you leave. I will follow you like this for as long as you want ot be so stubborn, honey. This is NOT the end, I won't let it be. And you said it yourself in a way, you do not want to be on my bad side because I will hunt you down."

She forced a sad smile at her fragile attempts at humor. She looked apologetically to her companion, Coral and hoped he would respond to her. If not she really would hunt him down. But for now...

"Coral, I like you as well and I'm sorry for spoiling your day or so it seems. Here.."

She rested her head against Coral's in a more or less sisterly way- she owed it to her to try and be there for her now, although she seemed not to feel the real impact of him leaving or perhaps it was only her who was fighting a raging wave of despair at the loss of his company.

Talia
Elder
Elder

Post by Talia »

He flopped in the grass near some shrubbery within viewing distance of the pond. He felt more ridiculous then he had when he had first came here. He fought back an urge to laugh histerically out of sheer stress. He didn't know what he expected to see, but he felt drawn to them. His body wasn't his own, and it seemed like all he could do was make it to that blasted bush, at least to hide from them visually.

He could hear her. She was trailing him, and she was relentless. How could he have been so blind? In his folly, he had wrecked things again. He shook his head, trying to rid himself of the voice. He mentally berated himself for his cowardice, but now, certainly he couldn't return? Wouldn't that look silly if he trotted up casually with a "Hi, how ya doin?" He shook his mane angrily, and pawed relentlessly at the dirt, gouging the earth and sending large clumps of moist dirt flying. He hated his indecisiveness!

"Arrgh!" he growled, rolling on his side. darn this self pity! And that voice... she didn't have to speak and he knew she was there. He watched them quietly and wasn't surprised by their shocked looks. He'd sit here awhile longer, and be a coward, until he decided what in the world to do about his giant mess up.

Cynther
Regular
Regular

Post by Cynther »

Coral leaned back against her. She could feel odd waves coming from Vapor... waves of emotion, she was guessing. But she couldn't tell what they were.

Warriors and Warriorresses, yes. Coral did not quite understand them...

She frowned slightly with Vapor's words. "There is no need to appologize... things happen. Sometimes good, sometimes not so good... we've just gotta keep going."

She watches after where Bridle disappeared to with an, unsual for her, pang of hurt.
I am the Amused Bobbin!

Tigress
Mod
Mod

Post by Tigress »

She realized that Coral was indead unsure of how to react in this situation, so she decided she had to be the more mature one and solve this. She nudged the mare softly and trotted over to where her tracking led her. She nestled against Bridle's side and smiled weakly.

"Make a conflicting decision did we? You knew I'd hunt you down anyway."

She couldn't help but laugh softly, hoping that he would not leave again. Vapor looked deep into his eyes, reading his emotions like a book and feeling sorry for him.

"Come on, were you not listening to me? You silly stallion, do not choose between us, merely accept us both and this can end!"

She hoped that it would not cause complications but she'd worry about that later, right now she planned on knowcking some sense into him. Of course, she wasn't mad in the least, merely relieved which could be told as she couldn't stop smiling!