sunny vallies, hidden forests

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Sparkle snorted and tossed his main at the young ones fire. he respected those who would show there strength because it also showed that they were able to take care of themselves. he flicked his tail to get rid of some of the water and to make Summer Solstice think that that was why he snorted. he didn't want the small one to think he'd been trying not to laugh.

"Yes, i an one of them. who is your mother then? mine is Flora, she's the one that gave these markings. many think she's very beautiful but they also think that because i have her markings that i'm a female. you're lucky there i think," Sparkle pondered, "no one can mistake you for anything but male."

he tossed his main again as he thought of how even his bonded had mistaken him for female at first. Songhue told him that she was asking about a name change to make things easier but he didn't know about that yet so he wasn't going to bring it up. and besides, whoever the mother was of this serian either had to have had no influence on how he looked or must have looked tough herself. Songhue was right. selfpity just held you back. and he was proud to have his mother's markings.

Indi
Leader
Leader

Post by Indi »

Stice stamped his hoof proudly. "Her name is Frolic, and my father is Spin." He shook his mane. "Mother said you were a rather close friend of hers when she was still abandoned. Is that true?"

Stice had very little of his mother's coloring. The only thing the same was that she had pink hooves and he had a pink mane, and that his markings were shaped somewhat like hers, except in his father's colors.

Stice heard the snort, and being very intelligent, knew that he was trying not to laugh at him. He wondered what he said to make him laugh, but decided not to pursue it. Yawning, he absentmindedly swished his tail, trying to get the fly who had settled on his rump off.
That's the thing about black and white: mix them together and you get gray. And no matter how much white you put back in, it'll still always be gray.
- Lilah

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v185/ ... banner.bmp

Keira
Elder
Elder

Post by Keira »

Lothorien came bounding up the stream, happy to be out and about. Just then he saw two more serians.

He figured he had nothing to lose so he marched up to them and said "Hi my name is Lothorien, whats your guys's name."

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

"yea, i knew both of 'em! i can see her in you now when i look closer."

Sparkle was so exited to realize that this was Spin and Frolic's son that he turned in a quick, tight circle and snorted again. he was glad that Summer Solstice didn't seem to have caught the snort. he was obviously a proud serian and Sparkle didn't think he'd understand the reason behind it. he'd seen Songhue do the same thing to her sisters so he understood that it was something you did when the baby showed she was growing up. some sort of odd mix of being cute and uping the respect you recived made the reaction and this young one's opinion seemed somehow important because of that. Sparkle thought he'd succeeded in making a friend.

just as he pulled out of his little circle of exitement he heard another voice from a little way behind and to the side of him making him pick his head up and toss his main again. he was surprised this time and then he saw the one who'd called out. she was worth the surprise. he remebered his new pal as she reached them and somehow managed to keep his head. beautiful creatures had crossed his path before now but none that held a candle to this one.

"Uh, i'm Sparkle and this is Summer Solstice. just so we're clear from the start i'm a male. what should i call you? i offered to call him squirt so if you want i could just give you a nickname or something so you don't have to tell me your real one. there's some that prefer not to give a name unless they know they can trust someone." he explained. he knew this because his bonded was one of them. a lot of hurt could come frome a name and she wasn't someone who talked much anyway. it had even taken him awhile to learn it.

i hope she at least gives me something though. i've learned that there is a good deal you could do with someone's name so i'd understand if she didn't but oh, i hope she does. she's so beautiful.

Indi
Leader
Leader

Post by Indi »

Stice shot a glare at him. "I'm not called Squirt, Lothorien. Please, just call me Stice. Summer Solstice is so... formal."

He nodded to Sparkle. "This is Lothorien, he's in the Circle of the Bleeding Hearts. And in love with Flit." He winked at Lothorien.

oocl Lothorien is a boy.... :?
That's the thing about black and white: mix them together and you get gray. And no matter how much white you put back in, it'll still always be gray.
- Lilah

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v185/ ... banner.bmp

Tigress
Mod
Mod

Post by Tigress »

OOC: Yes, he's a boy, and spoken for ^^ Flit: *giggles* Hmmm I should make a thread with her... quite an amusing post though songhue XD