In the Shade of the Storm

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

Luminaire
Leader
Leader

In the Shade of the Storm

Post by Luminaire »

((This is taking place a day or two after the festival party. Storm hadn't wanted to take her babies anywhere until they were a few days older. Parents and other foals are welcome...pity that the other members of the birth circle probably won't be coming. *sigh* Ah well. Let's have fun.)

A family of four make their way onto the gentle plains. A stormy coated mare whickers to her purple foals as they romp spiritedly around her.

A dark colored stallion who should of been anxiously watching his foals play, instead chose to romp along with them. As a matter of fact he was busily demonstrating to them the proper way to buck.

"Here, Darkwind! Stormy! watch your daddy buck!" Shade calls out before letting fly with his hind legs with head down low to the ground several times.

The foals squeal excitedly, "Look momma lookit daddy!" they say in unison. Storm smiles, "Yes, I see! Aren't you going to try it now?" she asks.

"Yeah!" and they buck off in different directions while their parents try not to laugh.

Shade nuzzles Storm lovingly on her cheek, "They caught on pretty quick wouldn't you say?" he was so proud of their foals he could bust. She leans on him, neck to neck and sighs blissfully. "Yes, they certainly did. You have quite the tectnique, daddy." Storm looks up to him through her eyelashes, knowing how it tickled Shade to be called that.

He chuckles, "I had a long time to practice." the two of them fall silent and watch the twins play.

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

The red stallion and light blue filly trotted silently in the other family's direction, but when SaphireSpin spotted the other foals, she couldn't help but grin. "Daddy... Who are they?" Spin followed her gaze, watching the four for a minute or so, before gazing at his daughter. "I'm not sure, actually, why don't we go say hi?" SaphireSpin gave an excited grin, and cantered over to them, Spin following at a trot.

SaphireSpin glanced at the foals, before turning to the adults. "Hello! I'm SaphireSpin, and this is my daddy, Spin." Spin smiled, bowing his head slightly. "Hello."

SaphireSpin

Spin

Luminaire
Leader
Leader

Post by Luminaire »

Shade and Storm smile, "Nice to meet you SaphireSpin and Spin." Storm greets them.

"It's a pleasure." Shade adds. "I'm sure you would like to meet those two rascals as well." He perks his ears and calls the twins over. "Darkwind! Sudden Storm! Come over here and meet these nice serians."

The twins gallop over to their parents' sides and look at Saphire and Spin with bright curious eyes. The filly speaks up first.

"Hi! I'm Darkwind and this hothead is my brother Stormy." she nips her brother on the shoulder.

"I'm not a hothead!" he snorts resentfully and kicks out at his sister's ribs.

"Ow! Stormy that hurt!" she flicks her ears back and tries to kick him back.

Shade inserts himself between the foals, "Hey what did your mother tell you about name calling and kicking? Behave yourselves in the company of others." he smiles sheepishly at Spin, "Siblings..." Shade shrugs.
Last edited by Luminaire on Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

Spin grinned. "I know exactly what you mean. Saphire has a brother, and we get pretty much the same thing, right, Saphy?" He lowered his head, nuzzling the filly.

SaphireSpin snorted at her dad, lipping at his forelock. "Whatever, pops...I'm SaphireSpin, nice to meet you." She smiled at the other foals, flicking her purple tail.

Luminaire
Leader
Leader

Post by Luminaire »

The two foals look shamefaced, "Yes, daddy." they mumble to him while glaring at each other.

Shade chuckles and nudges his two as if to cheer them up.

He smiles at Spin, "Ah, you got twins too? Congratulations!" Storm adds, "You must be so proud."

Darkwind smiles back, "Want to play?" Stormy was still feeling alittle sore at his sister so he kept quiet, and paws the ground with one hoof.

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

"Proud as ever. Although, they can be a handfull. The colt, Summer Solstice, lives with his mother." Spin sighed, watching Saphire, flicking his tail.

SaphireSpin grinned and nodded. "I'd love to, what would you like to play?" Saphire glanced at Stormy, wondering why he seemed so down.