With These Broken Wings...

For Serian couples and more intimate RPing.
Willows surround a shaded vale, sheltering all within.
Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

The smirk bearly faded when he landed on his rear, flicking his tail out of the way to prevent the silver strands from getting dirty. He raised a brow, flicked his gaze to the ground, and gazed calmly at her hooves, the smirk slowly fading.

"I wont make you worry. It's your own choice... To worry or not to worry, is this the question?"

Now it was obvious that Arch was not himself. Normally, he would have gazed Chime right in the eye, and questioned her. But now his eyes were on his hooves and he was quiet.

Tigress
Mod
Mod

Post by Tigress »

She sighed dramatically and shook her head. "And you're wondering why I'm worried! Listen to you!" Though her half-smile was still playfully commanding, it was simply a mask to hide the worry she felt. She was well and truly afraid for him and how unusual he was acting. Deciding that cheering up wasn't going to work, she sat down in front of him.

"I choose to worry." She said seriously, a tone not many ever got to hear from the bright and outgoing mare. "A lot." She added, a sensitive look entering her eyes. If she couldn't help him, she hated to sound egocentric but- who could? And after not getting very far upon her first try, she was really starting to do races in her head trying to figure things out.

She leaned in and rested her cheek against his, shutting her eyes tightly. "You... really don't know what's wrong?" She questioned, hopeful that he did know and was just hiding it from her. At least then she'd have a goal in mind instead of making stabs in the dark.

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

He didn't move. But his gaze flicked to her shoulder, and he sighed. "No, Chime. I do not.". Although, he did know of one thing that may be doing this.

Having to listen to Satin rant might be one, or the fact that three abanoneds were wandering around the hill, and having to listen to their... Sad stories would probably do the trick. He was wondering when it would happen, how and where. He was wondering when it would happen to him.

But, this matter had already been suggested between himself and his bonded, and the words: 'Never. It will happen never.' didn't do much to reasure him.

Tigress
Mod
Mod

Post by Tigress »

She pulled her head back and bit her lip, knowing he'd shift his gaze again. Pain filled her eyes as realization sunk in. He was lying to her, there was something he was thinking of and it had something to do with his depression. And he was keeping it from her. The chill returned full force, and she realized someone at home was having an effect on her too. Frostbite.

"Don't hide from me Arch, it hurts." She commented softly, ears back in distaste and complete worry. Whatever had him in this state was something serious, and she needed to know, needed to try and help him. "You're keeping something, I can see it in your body language."

Although afraid for the first time in her life, she was still as determined as ever. She wouldn't let him walk away without getting him to admit what he was thinking.

Rainer
Elder
Elder

Post by Rainer »

"I don't want to be abandoned."

He confessed, sighing. He eased himself up, and backed away, so he could look her in the eyes. "I don't want to forget what I already know, and who I know."

He leaned foreward, nuzzling her. "I don't want to forget you..."

Again, he felt slightly chilled when he touched her. "Now you, spit it out."

Tigress
Mod
Mod

Post by Tigress »

She flattened her ears and gave a very disgusted look, no wonder he was so depressed! "That would never happen! Tig would rever do that, and if she's friends with Rainer then I know that she would never do that either! Someone who takes in abandoneds understand better why it would be horrible to let Serians go through that." She started, then realized she was probably not helping very much, as he'd probably already thought of that.

"However, you never have to worry about losing me. I'd make Tig take you in, and if she couldn't.. well.. I'd run away! No matter how much trouble I caused, I'd run away and find you." She promised, looking very deeply into his eyes.

She realized that now she'd have to explain as well. "Frostbite... she's on a downward spiral. She's very in tune with spirits, and it brings out the icy side of her, because it only gives her more feeling that she'd different, alienated from the rest of us because of it. I try to help her, but the only one who can is the only one who can't." She explained, knowing it sounded a bit confusing. "She loves Vision, but he loves another, and after trying to help her so much, and listening to all her tales, I just feel so cold. It spread from her to me like a disease. I guess I'm afraid to, I don't ever want someone I love to leave me, like Angelique. Or betray me, like her old family. Or... not love me back.. like Vision..." She paused and how it was her turn to avert her eyes shamefully.