Cold Toes

For non-Serian roleplaying (Persona RP and Fanfiction)
The mists around the mountains clear to reveal in their center a ring of stones, an easy landmark for travelers to gather.

Moderator: Tigress

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Re: Cold Toes

Post by Vineda »

Vineda looked up with eyes piercing and slightly defiant, catching the tenor of the newcomer's thoughts as he rather openly stared at them. Having just shifted, she figured that had something to do with it...

Amusement colored her thoughts and eyes danced with a wildness that came both from herself and her wolf form. Still looking him in the eyes, she let her mind whisper to him as though sharing a secret though she didn't know if his mind would even be open in this land so strange to him.

It's all about essences... Have you ever simply sat still and lost yourself in your mind, in your very being? Imagine peeling back the layers of yourself, down to your very core, your very essence... And what's to stop you from imagining the essences of other beings just as well, the things that truly make them who they are - their instincts and their tone - what makes them tick?

And what happens if you should let your energy flow once again, holding those essences in place and taking it in... letting the enrgy flow into the physical... reshaping the layers? You would still be you, no? Yon ShadowFlame here can track me in any guise, once he has recognized my scent behind that of my form. It's like a sixth sense that humans have let themselves lose... If you let yourself feel it, everything has a certain scent or taste or...

She bared her teeth in frustration at her inability to explain.

Have you ever gone into total darkness and tried sensing other presences? Like our little game of tag, but without sight or hearing or touch or even smell. Even if no breath, no step or current of air gives another away, still it is possible to sense that other presence. Not easy, by any means, but possible. You should try it sometime if you've never done such. It is an enlightening experience, very interesting.

Her ears pricked forward and she looked to Songhue, surprised at herself for her mental chattiness. Would you like to begin, my friend? She puzzled a bit at her friend's sudden quiet spell, though it should not be surprising as she knew very well the fae could change as quickly or subtly as wind in any case.
Last edited by Vineda on Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
And I don't know how To slow it down Oh, my mind's racing From chasing pirates.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Sparkle glanced at his bonded as the whispers of thoughts shared flicked across the surface of his mind, looking to her for some sign to continue. Outwardly, none was given, though through their link of bonding he felt her recognize his gaze and return it with warmth. The small doe simply let her gaze wander over the others as her mind welcomed the presence of her twilight stallion.

"Very well then, riddles it shall be. It should be noted that this is a free form version - whomever has the answer, a guess, or a new riddle may speak. To start.. An old favorite of my bonded's."

ButterFawn, as she was often called in such a form, smiled ever so slightly with this. In a single graceful move she had folded her legs and nestled into the soft grasses, Sparkle quickly following suit and helping to outline a circle with the others.

"I am swift, yet have no legs. I can sing, yet have no voice. I am felt, yet have no skin. I fly without wings and destroy without hands. Speak my name."

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

Vineda mulled the riddle over in her mind, until a very wolfish grin lit her face and she glanced around at each of her companions. In a low voice, she said, "Wind, you be."

Though riddles often could have more than one answer, he'd said it was one of his bonded's favorites. And she'd come to associate the wind very strongly with her fae friend. She nodded to herself, sure that this answer was the one he was looking for.

She looked tentatively up at Sparkle, unsure if she should wait for his assent. But his riddle had woken one of her favorites from it's slumber deep in her memory, and she could hardly wait to share it with these friends.

"I have a riddle to share as well, if you all would permit me to share it... And old riddle that comes from a beloved tale told to all the children where I grew up. Mayhap you've heard it as well!"
She let the riddle fall like a chime on the surrounding ears, clear and low and melodious.

"A box without hinges, key, or lid,
Yet golden treasure inside is hid."

A slight pause, and she finished the rhyme with a mysterious edge to her voice, "What is it?"

A thrill ran through her bones as she heard her own riddle aloud. It had been so long!
Her eyes once again roved the group, light and dancing, daring her friends to guess. Sir Monteux she included in her gaze, despite his pretense of not playing. Perhaps the others will have heard the tale and the riddles in it as well, but it was a good riddle even if they knew the answer off the bat.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

"Eggs."

The whisper-soft voice drifted up from Sparkle's side after a mild pause, her ears swiveling cautiously as she looked to her friends. Even the stranger that so disquieted her with his sudden appearance was given a glance. He was no threat, that much she knew, yet he was an unknown.

And she was a cautious feral.

"A fine riddle, and impressive. Now another of my old favorites, an easy one I would think."

"For yourself, and your mind, perhaps," Sparkle grinned. What was obvious to her often eluded he and the others.

Turning her gaze to the surrounding foothills, Songhue spoke in her soft, whisper-quiet doe voice one of the oldest riddles she knew. It was told to her before she had lost her home land.

"It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt.
It lies behind stars and under hills,
And empty holes it fills.
It comes first and follows after,
Ends life, kills laughter."

Beside her, she felt Sparkle shiver as a chill raced down his spine.

Krinlith
Leader
Leader

Post by Krinlith »

Sitting and thinking for a minute, Shadow Flame finally spoke up. "It's the dark. If I may, I have a riddle of my own." Sitting up straight, Shadow Flame flicked his ears towards the stranger. "Here is the riddle. When my first is a task to a young girl of spirit, and my second confines her to finish the piece, how hard is her fate! but how great is her merit if by taking my whole she effects her release! "
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
-Groucho Marx

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

Ears flicked a few times as Vineda looked as ShadowFlame as though reading him, thinking. This was a riddle she'd not heard the like of, and the answer she came up with came slowly, taking its time. Silence stretched, and though unsure of her guess, she knew it was worth a shot.

Soft tones broke the afternoon's still silence abruptly. "'Tis a good challenge... Thank you kindly for sharing it! I cannot but help think that the answer is hem-lock? Indeed there were many a day when hemming was my task, and a lock could surely confine... and hemlock would certainly bring 'release'.

I have another to share if I may, another of my favorites, though I confess once again it is not of my own design but from another old tale. Here it is:

First think of a person who lives in disguise,
Who deals in secrets and tells naught but lies.
Next, whats always the last thing to mend,
In the middle of the middle and the end of the end?
And finally give me a sound often heard
During the search for a hard-to-find word.
Now string them together, and answer me this,
Which creature would you be unwilling to kiss?"

Again she watched her companions, her wolf eyes ever smiling, enjoying the game.